OT: Covid-19 (Part 27) Be safe out there (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's incredible how so many people are oblivious to this pandemic. I see it happening all the time, friends and acquaintances greeting each other with handshakes and hugs, complete f***ing morons. In the meantime, we are seeing increases in cases since entering stage 3. I tried mandating masks but was losing too much business to my competitors around me not putting in a mask requirement. I was left with no choice to remove the requirement otherwise I would have had to close up, the lack of mask wearing was that extreme. Now that the bylaw comes into effect this Friday I will be in a better position to make it compulsory.
Our cases have been pretty steady around 150 daily for quite some time now. It's actually surprisingly good considering everything you mentioned, the BLM protests and complete reopening of the city.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have a few friends who are active in the Montreal punk scene but thankfully they all have other jobs so music has not been their primary income source for a while now.

I also have a family member who is a full-time touring musician, Polaris prize nominated and this is his legit career. He's had to go back and work another job to pay the bills, thankfully he is a certified tradesman and was able to find something easily.

It's the lot of artists in general to hold down other jobs. I also have a touring musician family member who has a dozen Netflix theme music credits for movies and series and took on more hours working at a pay-the-bills job. However, lots of collab projects are coming in online -- must have been due to past touring. Online presence is sure helping with projects even if they're not revenue-generating for now. It's a thankless field, no matter what.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Florida is a cesspool but I think California has caught up

If they hadn't politicized the whole mask thing, they could have made inroads. But no, all these spreaders are wreaking havoc on the internets. It could have been a short lived thing but they just bring themselves to do it. The US's enemies must have figured out by now that the best way to bring it to its knees is through a trigger of self-destruction.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It must have already been mentioned in this thread but it is now official:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This one takes the cake. Well, maybe one cake out of several as it's been non-stop.

:amazed:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
It must have already been mentioned in this thread but it is now official:

The agreement between the NFL and NFLPA was reached last Friday. Good, no one ever cared about those pre-season games (from a fan standpoint; obviously different for fringe players trying to make a team).

Another thing to note that the camp roster size has been reduced from 90 to 80 players per team.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Or a place where you want to test positive...

They probably have way more cases. Releasing info that they have a positive case and that they're working on it is probably some good ol' propaganda.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They probably have way more cases. Releasing info that they have a positive case and that they're working on it is probably some good ol' propaganda.
I'm not so sure. North Korea is pretty closed off to the world. It's not like people can go in and out of there. Every single person regardless of citizenship needs a visa to enter, even diplomats.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm not so sure. North Korea is pretty closed off to the world. It's not like people can go in and out of there. Every single person regardless of citizenship needs a visa to enter, even diplomats.

There are many NK residents who live and work outside the country though. I would presume they can go home sometimes.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
If they hadn't politicized the whole mask thing, they could have made inroads. But no, all these spreaders are wreaking havoc on the internets. It could have been a short lived thing but they just bring themselves to do it. The US's enemies must have figured out by now that the best way to bring it to its knees is through a trigger of self-destruction.
"Bring it to it's knees"?

LOL

US will have CV-19 in the rear-view mirror and have a roaring economy again long before any other country.

Herd immunity.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
"Bring it to it's knees"?

LOL

US will have CV-19 in the rear-view mirror and have a roaring economy again long before any other country.

Herd immunity.

this is like watching nature show footage of a wildebeest or zebra ... who also felt safe in the herd.

we all know how that story ends.

Reactions: MXD and Runner77

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
In other sports COVID-19 news, things are still looking great for Formula 1 as they're getting ready for the next 2 races in Silverstone, UK.

The FIA and Formula 1 can today confirm that between Friday 17th July and Thursday 23rd July, 1461 tests for COVID-19 have been performed on drivers, teams and personnel. Of these, zero people have tested positive. The lower number of tests conducted in this period compared to previous weeks reflects the fact there is a break in the race schedule following three back to back events.

But... oh my... Lewis Hamilton is getting roasted at the moment after sharing a potentially anti-vax video accusing Bill Gates of lying on his Instagram account yesterday. He (or most probably his PR team) came with an update statement, but oof he doesn't look good in that story.

Link to more details

Even in the statement, the tin foil hat still shows up...
However after watching the video, I felt it showed that there is still a lot of uncertainty about the side effects most importantly and how it is going to be funded
Another gem, he ended his post with very encouraging words in this era of mass COVID-19 testing...
Sending you positivity
:help:

Edit: While he's a F1 driver not a scientist and his opinion shouldn't be taken as a fact, he still has over 18 million Instagram followers, so his posts defnitely have some reach...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad