OT: Covid-19 (Part 23) Takin' it to the street

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
please, don't be shy to let us know which crimes you care more about - makes it easier for the rest of us to know who our allies are

Transparent why some people are still talking about 'looting' and 'rioting', imo.

We are far beyond the first few days where these things were happening in small capacity and now we are on 300+ filmed incidents of police violence and brutality toward innocent protesters. Here, we can see the tactic they have been employing all across America whereby they are taking peaceful protesters, siphoning them into areas where they cannot escape and brutalize them for violating curfew.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
One death this week-end didn't go unnoticed.
RIP Donalda.

aeff0f70-a866-11ea-b33c-02fe89184577.jpg

Those two were perfect for their roles.

She got so much sympathy, and he had so much heat from all the stuff he said and did to her that he couldn't work anymore much after the show ended. He exiled himself to the US.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

todo esta bien.

On top of still doing shit like this;
there's the elder abuse (of which they resigned in solidarity and cheered when they were released without bail);
there's the deliberate captivity of protesters and brutalizing of them..

and the clear directives to aim at and incapacitate anyone who is filming their unhinged violence.

Oh and I forgot, there's also the sexual assault and discrimination toward gender non-conforming protesters.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
No argument here. This is the core issue, and I think it starts with the police chief, or whomever is in charge of the officers on the street. We've been looking at the individual cops -- as we should -- but we need to look behind the scenes, at what's happening before these young men hit the streets. What tone is their superior setting? What instructions are they given? What standards are being imposed? While we're prosecuting the cops who acted criminally, we shouldn't give a pass to the head cops who train them and send them out there.
Thank you for doing a good job moderating this thread. The potential for this thread to go off the rails and be shut down is pretty high.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just f***ing amazing from Stone Cold. Couldn't have been said any better or with any more eloquence :sarcasm:
I love all these white dudes from the south stepping up to the cause. Its exactly whats been needed for a while now.

Dave Tate a pretty hardcore powerlifter/powerlifting coach just dropped Metal powerlifting, one of the biggest/oldest powerlifting brands out there because the owner is a racist prick. Not something youd expect from a white dude with a goatee and a belly from Ohio but its goddang refreshing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Aaron Derfel last 2 weeks: Opening up Montreal will cause a huge spike in cases.

Aaron Derfel yesterday: No huge spike but LOOK, this borough went from 5 cases to 11 cases in one day!!

Tool with an agenda.

It's the world we live in now...people form their opinions and just spin every direction to stick with it instead of simply admitting they were wrong. We all kinda fall victim to this, we see it on these boards regularly too in our hockey talks.

Not saying this guy is not a tool with an agenda though..I don't know him.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
It's the world we live in now...people form their opinions and just spin every direction to stick with it instead of simply admitting they were wrong. We all kinda fall victim to this, we see it on these boards regularly too in our hockey talks.

Not saying this guy is not a tool with an agenda though..I don't know him.
The problem is this is forum and I don’t consider myself to be a journalist. I chose to try my best to not be a shithead but it’s not my job. He’s constantly stating how he is objective, a journalist and just asking tough questions. All he does is stick to his doomsday narrative although the evidence is clearly pointing in the right direction.

For the past 3-4 days he’s been reporting on a spike of 10-20 cases in certain neighborhoods and almost ignoring the fact that the curve is almost dead.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Transparent why some people are still talking about 'looting' and 'rioting', imo.

We are far beyond the first few days where these things were happening in small capacity and now we are on 300+ filmed incidents of police violence and brutality toward innocent protesters. Here, we can see the tactic they have been employing all across America whereby they are taking peaceful protesters, siphoning them into areas where they cannot escape and brutalize them for violating curfew.

Capture.PNG

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Just f***ing amazing from Stone Cold. Couldn't have been said any better or with any more eloquence :sarcasm:

I had an encounter with stone cold in a bar a few years back.
I was in the washroom when he came in. The door opened and I could hear shouting outside .... guys just calling his name, joking around.
I asked him what all the commotion was about, acting like I didn’t know who he was. He said “ah, nothin. Just some guys making a big deal out of nothing.” I sarcastically told him that I got his back if things get out of hand. He chuckled “thanks”.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Reading about Minneapolis considering dismantling its police force. Other are calling for dis-funding of all police forces. Interesting points in the article. When domestic violence or social disturbance happens, who would you prefer sending? Men with guns with limited training or social workers accompanied by psychologists and medical staff?

Seems at first glance, it would solve more problems than create new ones.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reading about Minneapolis considering dismantling its police force. Other are calling for dis-funding of all police forces. Interesting points in the article. When domestic violence or social disturbance happens, who would you prefer sending? Men with guns with limited training or social workers accompanied by psychologists and medical staff?

Seems at first glance, it would solve more problems than create new ones.

Why not both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad