OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
fs7L0g5.jpg

This is vancouver today.

Remember social distancing? Remember the virus?

Did we have the same support for our native population what was it a few months ago with the blockades.

Sheeple.

People are so easily programmed these days its scary.

Stay Home Save Lives flipped to go out protest. It took 10 days to turn everyone scared to be breathed on by someone in the same aisle in costco as you to jamming into an area with 50 K people.

Please tell me this isn't happening here? I think Legault put his foot down early on so hopefully we aren't stupid enough to ruin the progress we had.

Which posters on here were arguing for 800 pages about how important the lock down is, we can't lift it until we can contact trace everyone, we can't go to school, can't go to work, keep the economy locked up, don't see your parents or loved ones?

Well i guess it will be easy to contact trace all these people since they are in one location, makes the job easier LOL.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I get what you are saying but we don't understand the sort of pressure these guys live under. They are demonized constantly in the media and if they don't stick by each other, who will. I have seen things during these riots, young men endure things I would not be capable of doing facing mobs throwing bricks at them and worse. I was looking at these guys, trying to imagine if I was one of the guys' father and I felt for them a lot. Nothing can prepare you for something like that.

That is true but sometimes I feel they recruit the wrong people or rather they should go for recruiting people from all sorts of life. I feel they always like to employ former soldiers and they can have some mental baggage from what they have seen in a war. Of course in rural areas they hire 'kin sometimes. Someone gets elected as the Sheriff in a small town here in OR, then he hires his nephew to be a deputy. We have a scandal here in Oregon where the people of Clackamas have had to pay over a million already to a black guy from Portland who was totally innocent, all he did was to complain that he was the target of racial jokes etc at his work:

Fesser, 48, sued West Linn police in 2017, alleging racial discrimination and unlawful arrest. He said they targeted him for arrest in Portland that February as a favor to a fishing buddy of former West Linn Chief Terry Timeus. The fishing buddy was Eric Benson, Fesser’s employer at the time.
Fesser said his arrest was in retaliation for his complaints about a racially hostile workplace at Benson’s A&B Towing in Southeast Portland.

Fesser’s lawsuit uncovered unprofessional, racist and crude banter between West Linn’s Reeves, who was a detective then, and the A&B Towing owner as they secretly recorded Fesser at work on Feb. 25, 2017. Later that night, West Linn officers, drawing on the help of the Portland officers, moved in to arrest Fesser during his drive home.
Stradley, a retired Portland police veteran working as a lieutenant for West Linn police at the time, had told Reeves that Fesser was a gang associate. Stradley helped connect Reeves to Portland’s gang enforcement team for the arrest. Stradley admitted in a deposition, however, that he hadn’t had any contact with Fesser in more than two decades and didn’t have specific information about Fesser.

It's so bad that you could make a movie (maybe I should write a script and ask D Washington to play the main guy.) I have met some great cops through the years so I still think it is a minority.
I'd love to be a detective, do a stake out, sipping coffee, donuts (I wish we had Dunkin Donuts here). :)

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
View attachment 349059

This is vancouver today.

Did we have the same support for our native population what was it a few months ago with the blockades.

Sheeple.

Stay Home Save Lives flipped to go out protest. It took 10 days to turn everyone scared to be breathed on by someone in the same aisle in costco as you to jamming into an area with 50 K people.

Please tell me this isn't happening here? I think Legault put his foot down early on so hopefully we aren't stupid enough to ruin the progress we had.

Which posters on here were arguing for 800 pages about how important the lock down is, we can't lift it until we can contact trace everyone, we can't go to school, can't go to work, keep the economy locked up, don't see your parents or loved ones?

Well i guess it will be easy to contact trace all these people since they are in one location, makes the job easier LOL.
People's attention spans last as long as the next social media trend. Covid-19 was so five-minutes-ago.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
View attachment 349059

This is vancouver today.

Sheeple.

I was talking to a girl yesterday who said that her mom is a bit like that. When lockdowns were issued, she was almost panicking by seeing anybody close to her... but as things are reopening, it's like normal life happens again.

I went to do the groceries today and man did I miss the times when you could only go one at a time inside. Now couples go inside and they began talking to each other in alleys.

Then I see some clerks with "2m apart" shirts being chatty at close distance.

Everything's fine, right?

._.

(my mom is coming over tomorrow and she has been almost panicking since day 1, last time I spoke with her, she's still taking things very serious putting her mask on everyday when she goes shopping and stuff. Mind you, she lives in a rural area)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
People's attention spans last as long as the next social media trend. Covid-19 was so five-minutes-ago.

Feels like a giant experiment in mass psychological programming.

Lets see how quickly we can turn everyone into agreeing with giving up their rights to stay home and save lives, and once done lets see how quickly we can turn everyone into ignoring that.

Goebbels has nothing on what we have seen in the last 5 months.

If you want to try and psychological program someone maybe a good way would be to create instructions that are visually repeated over and over again going viral showing people following those instructions, while applying affirmation when done properly.

I wonder what 30 second video sharing program does exactly that?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Lets see how quickly we can turn everyone into agreeing with giving up their rights to stay home and save lives, and once done lets see how quickly we can turn everyone into ignoring that.

If you want to try and psychological program someone maybe a good way would be to create instructions that are visually repeated over and over again going viral showing people following those instructions, while applying affirmation when done properly.

Futile.jpg

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lol easy to talk in hindsight. The man was the one that cut the way of the police. He was the one that went inside the police space. He was the one that initiate contact. Easy to talk in hindsight they could do this and that. That was not excessive force. It was unfortunate the way he fall. The old man should know that you can go provoke the police, going in their personal space, being a threat and they won't do anything. If they did like you suggest and grab his arm and he resists and they break his arm, you would still cry for brutality. Again, it was more of an accident because the way he fell than police brutality of excess of violence. He probably was asked to move several time and didn't listen to the order. Police had to react when he start touching them. Like I said, the guy could be mentally derange, he could steal the weapon of the police because he was way too close. When he close enough the grab your firearm, its too close. Even if he's in a protest. Police has to be on their guard, no matter the race, age, sex.
Hindsight? He cut the way of the police? Ya...duh...it's called a protest.
This isn't a police state bro.
I mean, I cannot stress this enough because I don't get a sense you're really considering it, the man was 75!! He could be derange, he could be this, he could be that, where's the ''he could be perfectly harmless'' in your speech? Why are you leaving that extremely important part out?
Why are you assuming a ton of shit you really have no idea about? What we know is 1) he's old, 2) this is a protest 3) he didn't do anything other than place himself in front of police, 4) there's been countless acts of police using excessive force.
If they grabbed him and broke his arm, well that's another scenario and we would see how they went about it. But they didn't grab his arm, they shoved him, a 75yo man, and then walked over him as he bled on the floor from his head.
This isn't f***ing war? Do you see how many innocents are affected by this? Have you seen cops being jumped by rioters for making an arrest on a looters? Did you see the 77 ex policeman being shot to death because he was helping a local business? Have you seen the army? Have you seen cop car being attacked by douzens of rioters? Have you seen the white house putting barriers on the perimeter? Have you heard about the president hiding in his bunker? I'm sorry but it looks like f***ing war over there. I tell you, there's a lot of police that don't want to be on their situation right now. f***, i think they rather be on the other side because of a couple of stupid cops. Hating on cop is the same thing as being racist. It's generalization. Not all cop bad like like not all black people are bad or whatever racists are saying.
That's the point man. This is not war. Sure as hell feels like it, which is wrong. Have you seen cops shoot rubber bullets at innocent civilians just filming from their patio? Have you seen them hit the press? One female journalist lost an eye because of it. Have you seen them shove this 75yo harmless man? Have you seen them ram through crowds of protesters with their cars? Have you seen them flat out murder a man by kneeling on his neck for 10 f***ing minutes while other policemen around let him do it??????
Ya looters are taking advantage of the situation, the vast majority of people aren't rioters, and protesters even stop some of the idiots trying to wreak havoc.
I'm not excusing the rioters, I'm simply not giving a pass to police on their f***ing dumb ass behavior as well, like shoving a harmless elderly man and walking over him as he bled from the head.

Last edited:

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
View attachment 349059

This is vancouver today.

Sheeple.

When they cancel university for next fall, these protesters might realize what matters to them, personally.

I doubt the government will be that keen to be paying them top dollar if we have a 2nd wave, to stay at home, welfare might be all the money they see.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
When they cancel university for next fall, these protesters might realize what matters to them, personally.

I doubt the government will be that keen to be paying them top dollar if we have a 2nd wave, to stay at home, welfare might be all the money they see.
Students that didn't have a job should never have gotten any check from the government. Go work in CHSLD, go work in a grocery store, go grow strawberries in the fields. There are people hiring everywhere around me, have been since before all this.

Same for retirees. Why in the hell are they getting a check? You retired with a budget in mind, now you can't even go out and spend your money, restaurants are closed, everything's been closed for 2 months... There should be EXTRA in your budget right now!

Trudeau is creating a huge mess and we'll be paying for it for decades.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That is true but sometimes I feel they recruit the wrong people or rather they should go for recruiting people from all sorts of life. I feel they always like to employ former soldiers and they can have some mental baggage from what they have seen in a war. Of course in rural areas they hire 'kin sometimes. Someone gets elected as the Sheriff in a small town here in OR, then he hires his nephew to be a deputy. We have a scandal here in Oregon where the people of Clackamas have had to pay over a million already to a black guy from Portland who was totally innocent, all he did was to complain that he was the target of racial jokes etc at his work:

Fesser, 48, sued West Linn police in 2017, alleging racial discrimination and unlawful arrest. He said they targeted him for arrest in Portland that February as a favor to a fishing buddy of former West Linn Chief Terry Timeus. The fishing buddy was Eric Benson, Fesser’s employer at the time.
Fesser said his arrest was in retaliation for his complaints about a racially hostile workplace at Benson’s A&B Towing in Southeast Portland.

Fesser’s lawsuit uncovered unprofessional, racist and crude banter between West Linn’s Reeves, who was a detective then, and the A&B Towing owner as they secretly recorded Fesser at work on Feb. 25, 2017. Later that night, West Linn officers, drawing on the help of the Portland officers, moved in to arrest Fesser during his drive home.
Stradley, a retired Portland police veteran working as a lieutenant for West Linn police at the time, had told Reeves that Fesser was a gang associate. Stradley helped connect Reeves to Portland’s gang enforcement team for the arrest. Stradley admitted in a deposition, however, that he hadn’t had any contact with Fesser in more than two decades and didn’t have specific information about Fesser.

It's so bad that you could make a movie (maybe I should write a script and ask D Washington to play the main guy.) I have met some great cops through the years so I still think it is a minority.
I'd loved to be a detective, do a stake out, sipping coffee, donuts (I wish we had Dunkin Donuts here). :)

That is bad and these guys definitely are bad people but I choose to believe in humanity and trully believe that the majority of cops and law enforcemen officers are regular guys that are trying to do the best they can at their job with what they have to work with.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Theresa Tam 1 month ago

“By following public health recommendations, we have collectively brought down the rate of infection. We are flattening the curve,” Dr. Theresa Tam said in a press release as federal officials and the prime minister took a break from their daily press conferences.

“While we can continue to be cautiously optimistic, it is important that everyone remains aware of our duty to protect one another, especially those who are most vulnerable, as we navigate the next few weeks.”

Theresa Tam today

“Dr Tam: Go to protests, but don’t yell. Yelling can increase the risk of spreading the virus.”

I guess COVID risk is over then.

Playing with our lives. Remember in Feburary and early March when Tam and other officials were telling us the risk is low for COVID and nothing to worry about?

Sounds very similar. All of a sudden the threat of COVID has become low again for Canada's top doctor.

I guess someone was right when they said the virus would just disapear in the summer. These people who dunk on that man and like to say he is wrong all the time are doing their damnest to make him right.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

That's ridiculous. You're not being tracked.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
View attachment 349059

This is vancouver today.

Sheeple.

IKR the folly of humanity. I cannot believe the carelessness. "We'll just put masks on, we'll be fine. And who cares about other people getting the virus". ah ha How is this even allowed? And how can the Canadian goverment question the idea of hockey players returning to work after that...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
That's ridiculous. You're not being tracked.

Who said anything about being tracked?

Sure maybe its ridiculous and far fetched or maybe its not.

But if you wanted to psychologically program someone wouldn't that just be the perfect way to do so?

Here is a video of person doing A, now here is 1000 videos of other people doing the same thing, view that video over and over again in a 30 second period. Now repeat what is in the video so you can get your likes. Rinse and repeat.

repetition and positive reinforcement.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
View attachment 349059

This is vancouver today.

Sheeple.

It took 10 days? Euh, no. It took months of confinement and you know...a policeman kneeing on an innocent black man's throat for 10 f***ing minutes with the other cops doing nothing to stop it all captured on video....But ya, let's not mention this. People are just sheeps!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
IKR the folly of humanity. I cannot believe the carelessness. "We'll just put masks on, we'll be fine. And who cares about other people getting the virus". ah ha How is this even allowed? And how can the Canadian goverment question the idea of hockey players returning to work after that...

In a week they will turn around and pretend this never happen and go back to preventing you from holding a funeral for you dead dad or seeing your wife take her last breath.

Reactions: Kimota

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Who said anything about being tracked?

Sure maybe its ridiculous and far fetched or maybe its not.

But if you wanted to psychologically program someone wouldn't that just be the perfect way to do so?

Here is a video of person doing A, now here is 1000 videos of other people doing the same thing, view that video over and over again in a 30 second period. Now repeat what is in the video so you can get your likes. Rinse and repeat.

repetition and positive reinforcement.
Program with what?? It's a pandemic, the hell are you babbling on about man. This isn't an inside job to control the masses, all the while take a huge dump on the economy and kill 400K+ people in the process.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What's more surprising is the people not understanding why this is happening.

This isn't people just deciding to screw the rules and do whatever. Context matters.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It took 10 days? Euh, no. It took months of confinement and you know...a policeman kneeing on an innocent black man's throat for 10 f***ing minutes with the other cops doing nothing to stop it all captured on video....But ya, let's not mention this. People are just sheeps!

Yes it took 10 days from the tragedy of Floyd, someone who isn't Canadian. How many were out there protesting for our own natives during the blockade that Trudeau backed our police in? Let American's be stupid idiots Canadians don't have to be.

Ya we were in months of confinement where 10 days ago we were still being warned about the risk of reopening and 2nd waves. We need to go slow take it easy etc... Now giant gatherings? But I can't have a funeral of 12 people.

Yes people are sheeps. Did you not see pictures of health professionals and nurses out protesting in their PPE and SCRUBS! The same PPE that we spent months complaining we didn't have enough of! The same nurses and health officials that told us to stay home to save their lives, now their clapping along protesters who are putting everyone at risk.

This thread used to be full of debate about if its too early to go back to work and we can't lift restrictions, this was like a week and a half ago, I think you have even been involved in that argument that spans pages of this thread. Now its all about the cop and other cops and protester whiles barely anyone is even talking about the 2nd wave or risk of sending kids to school. People on here were begging for Legault to keep pushing back the date of opening, and he even did.

Remembe when the people at the park were COVIDIOTS. Good times from May 18th, that was what 2.5 weeks ago, might as well been last century. I am waiting to see the COVIDIOT headline tomorrow.

Here is a reminder
download (4).png
download (1).png
images (6).jpg

Guess we forgot about that right quick.

Or CV is over and we don't have to worry about social distancing anymore. Then Jazzfest, Just For Laughs, all the other fests, F1, become a hub city for the NHL, lets do it all. Send kids back to school the whole deal.

Attachments

• download (3).png
    download (3).png
    4.6 KB · Views: 1

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Legault blocked derfel on Twitter, and the guy is absolutely loosing it
Everyone on Twitter is losing it. Personally I think Derfel has been spreading panic and negative spins on the news. He’s really not been good IMO. Legault, as PM, probably should not of blocked a journalist though.

edit: he’s unblocked him. It’s over everyone.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Program with what?? It's a pandemic, the hell are you babbling on about man. This isn't an inside job to control the masses, all the while take a huge dump on the economy and kill 400K+ people in the process.

Nothing to do with any pandemic or jobs or inside job.

Just noting that Tik Tok is the perfect tool for psychological reprogramming. Is it used for those means you decide. But if I wanted to program the youth of today that would be the perfect way to do so.

Create a vid of me doing something, get it viral, everyone else repeats it. reinforce the behavior through positive affirmation. I mean this is 101 brainwashing techniques.

But write me off as a kook form your own opinion I really don't want to convince you of anything. Chalk it up as a crazy dumb conspiracy theory.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I get what you are saying but we don't understand the sort of pressure these guys live under. They are demonized constantly in the media and if they don't stick by each other, who will. I have seen things during these riots, young men endure things I would not be capable of doing facing mobs throwing bricks at them and worse. I was looking at these guys, trying to imagine if I was one of the guys' father and I felt for them a lot. Nothing can prepare you for something like that.
bahahah so we're supposed to feel bad for the cops now? the ones who were given authority and a gun, with a long record of brutality and abuse, and who until recently in the smartphone era were getting away with it (sometimes, literal murder)? please man, what is this :laugh:

if anything, cops are constantly praised and elevated as "heroes" in society in a way that IMO is not more deserved than doctors, teachers, scientists. wtf man. we must be living on two different planets

those poor riot cops :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad