OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes it took 10 days from the tragedy of Floyd, someone who isn't Canadian. How many were out there protesting for our own natives during the blockade that Trudeau backed our police in? Let American's be stupid idiots Canadians don't have to be.
Two different causes, how we act towards one doesn't excuse the other. Pretending like prejudice and racism is an american problem is very naive.
What's transpired over the world is a beautiful thing, marches and protests against racism worldwide is truly great to see.

Ya we were in months of confinement where 10 days ago we were still being warned about the risk of reopening and 2nd waves. We need to go slow take it easy etc... Now giant gatherings? But I can't have a funeral of 12 people.
Yes, because as shitty as it may sound to you, what happened with George Floyd is so much more of a bigger issue.
And the government is still saying not to gather in big crowds. They haven't said it's cool.

Yes people are sheeps. Did you not see pictures of health professionals and nurses out protesting in their PPE and SCRUBS! The same PPE that we spent months complaining we didn't have enough of! The same nurses and health officials that told us to stay home to save their lives, now their clapping along protesters who are putting everyone at risk.
Hmm...okay?...and? They didn't have enough equipment, they ordered some, now they have it...what's the issue?

This thread used to be full of debate about if its too early to go back to work and we can't lift restrictions, this was like a week and a half ago, I think you have even been involved in that argument that spans pages of this thread. Now its all about the cop and other cops and protester whiles barely anyone is even talking about the 2nd wave or risk of sending kids to school. People on here were begging for Legault to keep pushing back the date of opening, and he even did.
Again...so what? Numbers have dropped, our situation has improved, and there's been this absolutely disgusting event that's changed things to some.
Remembe when the people at the park were COVIDIOTS. Good times from May 18th, that was what 2.5 weeks ago, might as well been last century. I am waiting to see the COVIDIOT headline tomorrow.

Here is a reminder
View attachment 349068 View attachment 349070View attachment 349071

Guess we forgot about that right quick.

Or CV is over and we don't have to worry about social distancing anymore. Then Jazzfest, Just For Laughs, all the other fests, F1, become a hub city for the NHL, lets do it all. Send kids back to school the whole deal.
The government is not the one organizing protests.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nothing to do with any pandemic or jobs or inside job.

Just noting that Tik Tok is the perfect tool for psychological reprogramming. Is it used for those means you decide. But if I wanted to program the youth of today that would be the perfect way to do so.

Create a vid of me doing something, get it viral, everyone else repeats it. reinforce the behavior through positive affirmation. I mean this is 101 brainwashing techniques.

But write me off as a kook form your own opinion I really don't want to convince you of anything. Chalk it up as a crazy dumb conspiracy theory.

What brainwash man....the hell are you talking about? What are you suggesting exactly? This pandemic is fake?
The entire planet made it sound worse so government heads could plan out how to control everyone?
Lol...what?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Two different causes, how we act towards one doesn't excuse the other. Pretending like prejudice and racism is an american problem is very naive.
What's transpired over the world is a beautiful thing, marches and protests against racism worldwide is truly great to see.

Yes, because as shitty as it may sound to you, what happened with George Floyd is so much more of a bigger issue.
And the government is still saying not to gather in big crowds. They haven't said it's cool.

Hmm...okay?...and? They didn't have enough equipment, they ordered some, now they have it...what's the issue?

Again...so what? Numbers have dropped, our situation has improved, and there's been this absolutely disgusting event that's changed things to some.

The government is not the one organizing protests.

So your feelings are more important than science, got it.

But if you are ok with whats happening then lets just end these lock downs compeltly and send kids back to school(well those are done for now LOL) get hockey back, get concerts back, get everything back.

And oh and emergency orders extended for another 10 days in Toronto. If things are going so good why is that?

eOEee5e.png

If people want to go out and have a good time protesting then all the power to them, but then end this farce that public safety and science is guiding us. No, emotions, politics and feelings is guiding us.

When those michigan people were protesting I supported the spirit but not the execution, when they went on for a few days I said its enough. I stand the same way here. I support people to exercise their peaceful right to protest, but I don't support the execution of it during a pandemic.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What brainwash man....the hell are you talking about? What are you suggesting exactly? This pandemic is fake?
The entire planet made it sound worse so government heads could plan out how to control everyone?
Lol...what?

Nothing to do with the pandemic at all.

What I am suggesting exactly is if I wanted to create a tool to brainwash people Tik Tok would be the perfect app to do so.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Everyone on Twitter is losing it. Personally I think Derfel has been spreading panic and negative spins on the news. He’s really not been good IMO. Legault, as PM, probably should not of blocked a journalist though.

edit: he’s unblocked him. It’s over everyone.

Legault definitely shouldn’t have blocked him the first place, but I can see where his frustrations come from

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
This is what it is, people think it is party or happy times (gathering) all the time but thats not how life works

I am going to a virtual party tonight. Myself, an Italian (from Rome) and a Peruvian (from Lima). We are meeting on Google Duo and the Peruvian and I have a conspiracy going on. We will try to get the Italian drunk. :) We take turns, me toasting with him having a grappa (prego and don't bite off Daniele), then Walter the Peruvian will toast him with red wine and so on. He is not that big and fairly skinny so it will probably be easy unless his girlfriend steps in.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

But if you are ok with whats happening then lets just end these lock downs compeltly and send kids back to school(well those are done for now LOL) get hockey back, get concerts back, get everything back.

And oh and emergency orders extended for another 10 days in Toronto. If things are going so good why is that?

View attachment 349075

If people want to go out and have a good time protesting then all the power to them, but then end this farce that public safety and science is guiding us. No, emotions, politics and feelings is guiding us.

When those michigan people were protesting I supported the spirit but not the execution, when they went on for a few days I said its enough. I stand the same way here. I support people to exercise their peaceful right to protest, but I don't support the execution of it during a pandemic.

At the time I thought they were stupid and were playing with the safety of other citizens. During this week, I changed my mind when I saw the protests with thousands of people outside. I dug a bit and I learned from Karlyn Borysenko that it was not illegal to carry your gun inside like they did, the organizers of the rally coordinated every step with law enforcement, their temperatures were taken before entering inside... You can't support one and blame the other. It's both or nothing.

Reactions: scrubadam

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Nothing to do with the pandemic at all.

What I am suggesting exactly is if I wanted to create a tool to brainwash people Tik Tok would be the perfect app to do so.
Right...or any other social media platform..or news outlets...or the internet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If he's negative to COVID-19, which is probably the case, unlike us the pleb, he must be tested every time, is it useful to wear a mask ?

In that environment, though, just wear one as a precaution. Everyone around him is wearing one, they could also have been tested and come out negative.

And when you consider that 18 secret service agents had tested positive and others around him tested positive, I wouldn't trust this guy.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
you're right man that video is so disturbing, I was really hoping the cops would each unload their clips into the knife guy. :laugh: and the dog too while they're at it (clearly guilty by association).

You think they did the right thing ? :huh:

If someone is threatening you and other civilians with a knife and you shot him, where is the problem ? A cop allegedly ran from the scene, are you blind ?

Maybe we should abolish guns for the police and solve everything with dialog and the power of love !

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Obviously you did not get it.
Ya right...because a very unique event happens they should just pull the plug on everything...

View attachment 349075
Ontario were seeing increased cases.
You're not making much sense. People were following directives, an innocent black man was choked to death for 10 minutes on video by a cop, which is so f***ed up. It is a bigger cause than COVID to many.
It doesn't mean the hell with everything else for the rest of the time. People are consciously going to protests knowing they might get infected because this is a very important cause to them. That's all there is to it.
You don't have to support the execution. That's very different than saying ''ohhh...well...there are protests so...just stop all measures''.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
you're right man that video is so disturbing, I was really hoping the cops would each unload their clips into the knife guy. :laugh: and the dog too while they're at it (clearly guilty by association).

So lets normalize crime to the point where someone can go walk their dog show up at a dep brandish a knife and get their pack of smokes and walk out?

I guess next time I go to Maxi I will bring my baseball bat and just take whatever I want without paying. Sounds like a great way to run society. Maybe I hit up your house and take your PC and TV.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
You think they did the right thing ? :huh:
From what I can see, the guy dropped his knife and walked out, maybe he got arrested once he got outside. The fact that he's robbing a store while out for a walk with his pet chihuahua suggests mental illness. So actually yeah, no harm was done, no shots were fired, the situation was de-escalated, I call that a success.

It's absurd to me that that the default policing response to someone drawing a knife has become "shoot them until they're dead". De-escalate, FFS. That's what you're supposed to learn in your training.

Reminds me of this clip from a while back:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
At the time I thought they were stupid and were playing with the safety of other citizens. During this week, I changed my mind when I saw the protests with thousands of people outside. I dug a bit and I learned from Karlyn Borysenko that it was not illegal to carry your gun inside like they did, the organizers of the rally coordinated every step with law enforcement, their temperatures were taken before entering inside... You can't support one and blame the other. It's both or nothing.

You need to go check the media reactoin to those protest and compare it to these going on. Heck go back a few of these threads and I bet you will see the people supporting the protest now against those and calling them all slack jaw hillbilly dur dur Trump supporter gonna kill us dur dur.

Contrast and compare. Those ones they even cleaned up after the little mess they left LOL. No violence, no riots. A lot of them stayed in their cars.

But they all got branded as grandma killers and Nazi's. Even the governor called them misogynist and Nazi's, and now she is walking shoulder to shoulder in these protests.

If its going to be one day of peaceful protesting whatever let them have their fun, just don't turn around tomorrow and tell me that we can't have gatherings or you can't have your funureal or you can only have 50% capacity in your resto or whatever other BS health guidlines they make that they don't care about now.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
So lets normalize crime to the point where someone can go walk their dog show up at a dep brandish a knife and get their pack of smokes and walk out?

I guess next time I go to Maxi I will bring my baseball bat and just take whatever I want without paying. Sounds like a great way to run society. Maybe I hit up your house and take your PC and TV.
Haha I know you're kidding but maybe don't threaten to rob a fellow poster on the message board, it's a bad look.

Back to the topic though, are you really concerned that all law and order in society is collapsing from that one strange knife guy video? Seems like a big jump no? :huh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad