OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's time for myself to join my fellow aliens...

upload_2020-6-1_12-19-3.jpeg
:)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wearing a mask is a lot like wearing a bike helmet. Some feel safer with it. I wore one in BC cause it's the law, but removed it in Quebec. Dumb, I know, but if I was riding in Montreal, I'd probably wear it.

On Quebec roads I'd want a suit of armor! the roads are too shitty to ride a bike.Anyone I've know that has ridden for a lengthy time on a bike has had a least one spill. The ones that survived, the helmet helped marginally.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Great numbers, but I'll wait a few days before clapping, as 295 new cases today means nothing if we have 800 tomorrow.
Expect the cases to jump up and down - that's normal. As long as the numbers don't spike upwards for a few days in a row we might be okay.

I'm not that concerned with stores reopening and small gatherings, because they don't place people closer together than they've already been. The real distancing changes will happen in schools and any situation where we're shoulder to shoulder for extended periods.

Reactions: MXD and DavePeak

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Expect the cases to jump up and down - that's normal. As long as the numbers don't spike upwards for a few days in a row we might be okay.

I'm not that concerned with stores reopening and small gatherings, because they don't place people closer together than they've already been. The real distancing changes will happen in schools and any situation where we're shoulder to shoulder for extended periods.

The big concern for me is public transit, and large office buildings reopening downtown. Elevators and public restrooms will be difficult situations. I mean PVM is constantly packed all day from 7 to 7, elevators all full the whole time.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The big concern for me is public transit, and large office buildings reopening downtown. Elevators and public restrooms will be difficult situations. I mean PVM is constantly packed all day from 7 to 7, elevators all full the whole time.
Yeah, normal things we never thought twice about, like pressing an elevator button or sitting next to someone on a Metro, suddenly become loaded with risk. Let's hope the reports are right that infection requires longer & closer contact.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, pretty much can't work more than 8 days a month. I wonder if that will make job finding even harder.
work 40hrs
8 declared
32 under the table.

I'm pretty sure some business owner's already do that.

If a public figure declared that her employees are under CERB program but are still working for "free".
her plan was to pay them later.

it's kind of dumb that you get 3000$ if you work
8h/week (2000 CERB + 1000)

vs 2400 for 40h/week

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That doesn't sound good,what happened? alright though?
Was coming down St-Denis around 11 pm, a bit intoxicated and too fast for the area. New bike, less than 2 days old. Got cut off by cab turning left on Emery, hit his back bumper with my right pedal and smashed the side of my head on the trunk before hitting the pavement. I wear toe-clips so I was kinda locked in. My right ear drum got pushed inward from the air pressure I guess. Also dislocated a shoulder, but the helmet wouldn't have helped there. It took a good two years for my hearing to return to normal, but I have less range in it even today. If I blow softly with my nose pinched, I can hear it pop out and highs become clearer, but it pops back in after about 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad