OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Someone walks into a store, is asked to wear a mask in consideration of the health and safety of the staff and their families, is given a mask to wear, and chooses to refuse and leave? Why? It is not inconvenient to wear for 99% of people. It's nothing but pure selfishness to refuse. So I will call them f***ing potatoes because that's what they are.
He left the store, he didn't make a scene. It's actually better than all the people I see wearing one who keep touching/fixing it. But hey, knock yourself out...insult him.
It's irrelevant to the point, numbers have improved, it's not this massive shitshow you like to promote.

MilhouseIsScared

Apr 27, 2020
Despite all the information out there, a large number of people are absolutely clueless.
Truth . A friend I live with told me that covid19 wasn’t that bad . The deaths from last year from April-May were the same and it’s pretty much the flu . I had to remind the idiot that for those 2 months a shit ton of people were confined in their homes barely going out

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
idk why but im not even mad at corona. The only downside is less socials and cant meet much girls and that im not as productive at work and got a warning (from home)

But it put things a lot into perspective. My part time class is gonna finish right before things start to re-open. I wouldnt have studied that much if it was in class. And also, I re-thought of my blogging strategy (dating niche). Im up to 20 articles now.... It put things in perspective that I need to build a dating blog and make a plan. Without corona, i dont think i would have had that much time to work on it.

Some positives too in this pandemic i guess

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Had a nice BBQ yesterday...finished it inside becuz of rain....Felt great mentally to drink a Grand Marnier and have some fin.....

Waffle...did u reach lvl 1342 of Fortnite yet??? U Arruda best friend....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Truth . A friend I live with told me that covid19 wasn’t that bad . The deaths from last year from April-May were the same and it’s pretty much the flu . I had to remind the idiot that for those 2 months a shit ton of people were confined in their homes barely going out

Too many people believe what they choose to believe. I prefer to listen to the experts, look at the science - and then flip a coin. :sarcasm:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He left the store, he didn't make a scene. It's actually better than all the people I see wearing one who keep touching/fixing it. But hey, knock yourself out...insult him.
It's irrelevant to the point, numbers have improved, it's not this massive shitshow you like to promote.

Numbers are definitely looking very positive. I am encouraged. But my disdain towards those too selfish to wear a mask goes beyond COVID-19. We need to move away from the individualistic aspects of our culture and behaviour. Refusing to wear a mask is just so petty and selfish. Like you can't even do that? Come on. Basic consideration for others.

Reactions: the and Forum93

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Had a nice BBQ yesterday...finished it inside becuz of rain....Felt great mentally to drink a Grand Marnier and have some fin.....

Waffle...did u reach lvl 1342 of Fortnite yet??? U Arruda best friend....

I thought I would really like Fortnite but honestly I just never really found a way to learn how to play. I played 2 matches: First one I was in a team with all Spanish speakers and it was literally my first time playing. There's no tutorial or instructions. I have no clue what's happening and these guys are f***ing pissed off at me screaming at me in Spanish (literally screaming "waffledave!!!" in Spanish, it's the only part I understood). I died soon after and was too shook to try again. Months later I tried it on Nintendo switch. I never play these aiming games on consoles, just never got the hang of it. But I figured I'd try again and this time I watched a YouTube video before but still didn't understand the building thing and also realized I didn't know the buttons on Nintendo. But I managed to join my team and they all had voice chat but I did not. So they keep saying "Who is waffledave, yo what the f*** is he doing? " and I am sitting with my wife in the living room playing on the main tv realizing I am being cussed out by a kid. It's f***ing crazy. A little kid. I stopped playing right then. His little kid voice tearing through my living room.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Someone walks into a store, is asked to wear a mask in consideration of the health and safety of the staff and their families, is given a mask to wear, and chooses to refuse and leave? Why? It is not inconvenient to wear for 99% of people. It's nothing but pure selfishness to refuse. So I will call them f***ing potatoes because that's what they are.

Somewhere the lines of communication have been distorted with inconsistencies and falsehoods. Don't wear a mask, wear a mask only if you have symptoms, then wear a mask if social distancing is a problem.....Then you have jack asses - mostly down south- who think their freedom to do whatever the hell they want takes precedence over the health of their neighbors, and some with the narcissistic view that they are invincible or too vain to cover up their pretty faces, or wearing masks is a sign of weakness, and then some religious zealots who know Jesus will prevent them from getting the virus so no mask needed, no wonder we can't get a consensus in North America.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Somewhere the lines of communication have been distorted with inconsistencies and falsehoods. Don't wear a mask, wear a mask only if you have symptoms, then wear a mask if social distancing is a problem.....Then you have jack asses - mostly down south- who think their freedom to do whatever the hell they want takes precedence over the health of their neighbors, and some with the narcissistic view that they are invincible or too vain to cover up their pretty faces, or wearing masks is a sign of weakness, and then some religious zealots who know Jesus will prevent them from getting the virus so no mask needed, no wonder we can't get a consensus in North America.

If someone asked me to wear a mask before all this shit happened and supplied me with one I would probably do it. I would ask why but I would do it. I mean who cares? No reason to refuse, unless you are one of those jackasses like you mention. Everyone knows the mask advice has been confusing. It's not crazy to be asked to wear one. Everyone knows why.

Reactions: angusyoung

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Went to see my grandma today, first time I'd seen her in months (talked to her a lot on the phone though). I just really missed her, and feel incredibly happy she felt well enough at last for me to be able to see her. I have the great luck (...) to look a bit goofy and awkward when I smile, no matter the situation or my will, but even knowing that, I could not stop myself from smiling every instant while I was meeting her.

Even though we talked outside her RPA while wearing masks and keeping a good 3-4 meters in-between us, and I didn't stay too long because she was tired (being 98 does that to you), moments of such familial closeness have become altogether too rare due to Covid-19. Another simple human pleasure that this damned virus has taken away.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
If someone asked me to wear a mask before all this shit happened and supplied me with one I would probably do it. I would ask why but I would do it. I mean who cares? No reason to refuse, unless you are one of those jackasses like you mention. Everyone knows the mask advice has been confusing. It's not crazy to be asked to wear one. Everyone knows why.

I found that far from being true, some are ignorant then some just don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: angusyoung

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But Covid is not a single entity. Isn't it possible for there to be different mutations in different locations? Wouldn't some be become more benign and others more deadly?

Well, maybe. But the possibility of it fizzling out is not outrageous. It likely mutated within Italy too so if the dominant strain converged to a less potent strain it is encouraging.

Reactions: groovejuice

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

That doctor :laugh:

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

How the f*** is that the virus losing potency? It could be patient tested earlier/later in the infection stage or just artefactual.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm tired of humans.

upload_2020-6-1_0-13-53.jpeg

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well, maybe. But the possibility of it fizzling out is not outrageous. It likely mutated within Italy too so if the dominant strain converged to a less potent strain it is encouraging.

I agree. But I also read recently that there seemed to be many patients that exhibited more profound symptoms. I'm sorry but I don't recall where that was.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But Covid is not a single entity. Isn't it possible for there to be different mutations in different locations? Wouldn't some be become more benign and others more deadly?

A top expert on CNN said that there are different strains of Covid depending on location. I don't remember what the specifics are for a location to be a location different from another location for the purpose of Covid. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I thought I would really like Fortnite but honestly I just never really found a way to learn how to play. I played 2 matches: First one I was in a team with all Spanish speakers and it was literally my first time playing. There's no tutorial or instructions. I have no clue what's happening and these guys are f***ing pissed off at me screaming at me in Spanish (literally screaming "waffledave!!!" in Spanish, it's the only part I understood). I died soon after and was too shook to try again. Months later I tried it on Nintendo switch. I never play these aiming games on consoles, just never got the hang of it. But I figured I'd try again and this time I watched a YouTube video before but still didn't understand the building thing and also realized I didn't know the buttons on Nintendo. But I managed to join my team and they all had voice chat but I did not. So they keep saying "Who is waffledave, yo what the f*** is he doing? " and I am sitting with my wife in the living room playing on the main tv realizing I am being cussed out by a kid. It's f***ing crazy. A little kid. I stopped playing right then. His little kid voice tearing through my living room.

ROTFL! I can't stop laughing for some reason: "Who is waffledave, yo what the f**** is he doing?".

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I agree. But I also read recently that there seemed to be many patients that exhibited more profound symptoms. I'm sorry but I don't recall where that was.

It's possible. I look at data, it has followed similar patterns in most places. For us, so far, it is positive. Not getting worse, clearly getting better. This is encouraging if it follows the same patterns we've seen of countries on the upswing.

Things can go either way but the data supports optimism for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad