OT: Covid-19 (Part 22) Open the door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Along with that it's maddening to see customers leave our store only to walk across the street to a store that doesn't require masks and make their purchase there. To make matters worse customers were even refusing to wear them when offered to them. We were literally the only store in our area with that mask policy. It's not going to work without government intervention and sadly we have no other choice if we want to remain open.

Does Quebec have a list of safety measures that a retail store must follow? ( I believe ON has a long list )

if so, and they’re breaking them, call it in. You’re entitled to a level playing field without compromising your safety.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Does Quebec have a list of safety measures that a retail store must follow? ( I believe ON has a long list )

if so, and they’re breaking them, call it in. You’re entitled to a level playing field without compromising your safety.

I'm in Ontario. We have to limit the number of customers based on square footage, provide physical distancing markers, install covid signage and have sanitizers available. If social distancing is difficult masks are recommended, but not mandatory. I'm located in a tourist zone, it's very discouraging.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I'm in Ontario. We have to limit the number of customers based on square footage, provide physical distancing markers, install covid signage and have sanitizers available. If social distancing is difficult masks are recommended, but not mandatory. I'm located in a tourist zone, it's very discouraging.
Curious, what type of retail are you in?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Along with that it's maddening to see customers leave our store only to walk across the street to a store that doesn't require masks and make their purchase there. To make matters worse customers were even refusing to wear them when offered to them. We were literally the only store in our area with that mask policy. It's not going to work without government intervention and sadly we have no other choice if we want to remain open.

What type of an idiot refuse to wear a mask when it’s being offered to him? Don’t get me wrong, I can understand how annoying it is to wear one but everyone needs to do their part. Just wear the damn thing if you are in a public place and they are offering it to you.

It’s really sad to see a responsible business such as yourself being penalized for doing the right thing.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
#riotvirus is coming guys (and this is not about US protests).

That means Corona is over though so good news! Bad news is that means business's will be set on fire and looted.

Can't this stuff stay in the US, we don't need a giant gathering of people doing no social distancing.

I hope it remains peaceful but we got a ton of anarchist in this city. and we riot over cup wins and Guns and Roses concerts.

Now the question is will these protestors be seen as COVIDIOTS or they don't get that treatment.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The truth is most people are dumbf*** potatoes. I knew these half measures would never work here, been saying it all along. No clue where we got this idea that people could be trusted to make the right decisions. Especially if it means a minor inconvenience. How hard is it to wear a mask you f***ing potato? :help:

Our numbers have improved. Let's see if we land in this total chaotic shitshow you keep talking.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Our numbers have improved. Let's see if we land in this total chaotic shitshow you keep talking.

Harruda said Thursday 10% of the population could change the faith of everyone.

I wish I could see theirs projections...

Is it like:

10% are way too cautious
40% are doing a bit too much
40% are doing a bit not enough
10% are not cautious at all

Some here seem to think the extreme is the majority....it is never the case. They key will be the one doing a bit too much/not enough.

The next 2-3 weeks are crucial...let’s hope the trend keep going. It would mean they did not do a really bad job and people are taking it seriously.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

We are literally talking about a business owner who tried to enforce mask wearing but lost too much business and abandoned the idea. So he is now forced to risk his health and safety and do something he was not comfortable with or risk losing his business. Because of these f***ing potatoes and his competitors who don't care to enforce it. I can't see how that doesn't bother you, you said yourself you wanted businesses to take the lead on this.

Reactions: Toews19

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We are literally talking about a business owner who tried to enforce mask wearing but lost too much business and abandoned the idea. So he is now forced to risk his health and safety and do something he was not comfortable with or risk losing his business. Because of these f***ing potatoes and his competitors who don't care to enforce it. I can't see how that doesn't bother you, you said yourself you wanted businesses to take the lead on this.

I don't need to insult everyone who doesn't want to wear a mask. The government has not made it mandatory so I'm not going to expect everyone to have one and go off every time I see someone without one.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I don't need to insult everyone who doesn't want to wear a mask. The government has not made it mandatory so I'm not going to expect everyone to have one and go off every time I see someone without one.

Yea, that's a problem for me. At least make it mandatory in tourist commercial zones where there is a higher risk of spread from travelers. It's common sense and being proactive. I've let my local BIA, mayor and MPP know about my concerns, not expecting much from them to be honest.

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

That means Corona is over though so good news! Bad news is that means business's will be set on fire and looted.

Can't this stuff stay in the US, we don't need a giant gathering of people doing no social distancing.

I hope it remains peaceful but we got a ton of anarchist in this city. and we riot over cup wins and Guns and Roses concerts.

Now the question is will these protestors be seen as COVIDIOTS or they don't get that treatment.

Wut?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

What does this mean?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yea, that's a problem for me. At least make it mandatory in tourist commercial zones where there is a higher risk of spread from travelers. It's common sense and being proactive. I've let my local BIA, mayor and MPP know about my concerns, not expecting much from them to be honest.
They should just make it mandatory across the board, simplify things. Unfortunately it's not though, so, not going to insult everyone who's not wearing a mask.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Someone walks into a store, is asked to wear a mask in consideration of the health and safety of the staff and their families, is given a mask to wear, and chooses to refuse and leave? Why? It is not inconvenient to wear for 99% of people. It's nothing but pure selfishness to refuse. So I will call them f***ing potatoes because that's what they are.

Reactions: the

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I'm seeing a lot of people wearing masks on the streets of NYC tonight, but man, they are packed in like sardines.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad