OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The most polished Total War game is free to keep if you get it on Steam before May 1.

It's a toss up between Shogun 2 and TW: Napoleon for my favorite that I've played. Rome 2 was fine I guess.

A video review posted just yesterday for Shogun 2.

The game still looks good.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I see on Twitter a lot of people downplaying the massive unemployment/furloughs because the stock market hasn't crashed, or they're memeing like 'die for the stock market'.

What's happening is that the Federal Reserve is doing quantitative easing aka printer go brrr.

The real economy to the stock market is like saying pro sports are doing fine because sports betting is doing fine. People (maybe even some of us) can't pay their mortgage or their rent this month. There's a breaking point somewhere where the dam breaks on foreclosures, evictions, and bankruptcies. The housing market crashes for real, and we're off...

Maybe the Fed keeps pumping money. QE didn't cause inflation issues after 2008, but it was focused largely on the banks.

from Investopedia:
Hyperinflation is an exponential rise in prices and tends to occur not when countries print too much money; instead, it is associated with a collapse in the real underlying economy. The printing of money is a desperate effort to maintain stability and prevent production from coming to a halt, as what happened in post-WWI Germany and during the 2000s when Mugabe headed the government of Zimbabwe.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Macho Man

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Rebellion giving away Evil Genius, one of my favorite games ever.
Rebellion ID

It's from 2004, so a bit dated in some aspects, but there's not a lot like it. The closest thing I can think of is the flash game Mastermind: World Conqueror.

You should also pick up the fan patch raises the minion limit to 150, fixes some bugs, and adds some henchmen.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Has anyone mentioned the idea that Elon Musk is just trolling everyone like he does all the time?

This is kid #7 for Musk.

Nevada, Griffen, Xavier, Kai, Saxon, & Damian. Now X Æ A-12...

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I saw bits and pieces of Elon Musk's most recent appearance on JRE (might have been today) and something felt a bit different. He almost seemed dead inside, or as if he had come to a sad conclusion or felt "compromised". I'm not familiar enough with his personality to know if it was actually anything of note, but it definitely stuck out to me compared to some other videos I've seen with him.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I saw bits and pieces of Elon Musk's most recent appearance on JRE (might have been today) and something felt a bit different. He almost seemed dead inside, or as if he had come to a sad conclusion or felt "compromised". I'm not familiar enough with his personality to know if it was actually anything of note, but it definitely stuck out to me compared to some other videos I've seen with him.
Elongated Muskrat was on JRE in the past day or so.

The people who have their portfolios heavy on Tesla stock are sort of nuts when you consider how their CEO acts sometimes. If it was privately owned, whatever, who cares, but people are putting their net worth on the line for a company led by a CEO who in the past week said the stock price was too high, causing it to plummet, named his kid X AE A-12, and who *really* needs a Joe Rogan podcast to go well.

Publicly traded company CEOs are usually silent.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Not sure Quibi will be that great. I'm not a fan of watching videos vertically. It also seems like an unnecessary challenge for production. And horizontally, well then I still prefer my TV. But who knows. Episodes are supposed to be only 7-10 minutes long, so it might be a cool thing for people going to work by subway or train or when you're on the toilet. :laugh:

The timing of the release is a bit strange too: People have more time than ever to watch entire series and long movies on Netflix or Prime these days.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Since there's a lot of game talk in this thread, or at least some, anyone have an opinion on which Far Cry I should play next? I played the original years ago, and last week I finished Primal. Looking to buy another one as open world games are my thing.

I'm thinking about getting Far Cry 4 unless one of the newer releases are better. It seems universal that Far Cry 3 is the best in the series but reading through Steam reviews a lot of people talk about crashing issues, which I don't want to deal with.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Since there's a lot of game talk in this thread, or at least some, anyone have an opinion on which Far Cry I should play next? I played the original years ago, and last week I finished Primal. Looking to buy another one as open world games are my thing.

I'm thinking about getting Far Cry 4 unless one of the newer releases are better. It seems universal that Far Cry 3 is the best in the series but reading through Steam reviews a lot of people talk about crashing issues, which I don't want to deal with.
I've played FC, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon.

Blood Dragon and FC2 are my favorites. Very different games. I think 3 was a bit too vanilla for me outside a few set piece moments. Vaas, who is only really in a few cutscenes, got way too much attention from fans. None of these games stories are all that important or good. It's a very mechanical series, which is probably why I like the more 'distinct' iterations of the series. I've played a few shooters, so give me something different.

FC2 feels more like an immersive sim with not a lot of menuing or HUD elements. You don't fast travel everywhere, which can become tedious, that's the cost of staying immersed.

Reactions: DMB06

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Humble 10th Anniversary Bundle
Great 1 dollar tier. Hotline Miami, Beat Cop, and Dustforce DX

It's nuts that HB is 10 years old now. I actually bought the very first bundle they did, back when they were still operating under Wolfire Games. I wasn't enthralled by the games, but I had to support the business model. They didn't even give Steam codes the first few days. They were a basically unknown company, and Valve wasn't familiar with them until they started gaining traction. Their approval gave the credibility that it wasn't a scam.

Now I get the vast majority of my games either through their bundles, or use my discount from being a monthly bundle sub in their store.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Death Coming is free until 11 am on the Epic Games Store. The next free to keep game for this week is another small indie title called The Grand Theft Auto Five.

CKII: Horse Lords is also free for a few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad