OT 19/3: COVID-19 Isolation Chamber/Panic Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I feel that there's a pretty good chance of a GTA 6 teaser. Their earnings call is on the 20th, and while they won't announce it there, they could hint at something 'from an established franchise', etc.

Based on GTA5, I don't think it'll be released for another two years. This would be early, but settled, in the lifespan of the next gen consoles. GTA5 was an Xbox 360/PS3 game that got an enhanced edition on Xbone/PS4 & PC, keep in mind. Going straight to next gen entirely might make more sense. They probably made more money from releasing on two console generations, but all the versions needed a lot of ongoing resources to make and maintain, and Rockstar is trying to be kinder to their employees.

As for speculating a location, it's Vice City's (Miami) turn.

I think that it would be Vice City again. GTA: Vice City came out in 2002, so a much longer stretch than the 2001/2008 iterations of Liberty City, where fans sort of complained about them being so quick to reuse a location, although it turned out fine. Two more years of development would put it in 2022, which is VC's 20th anniversary, unbelievably.

But are there any other cities to base GTA locations on other than NY, Miami, LA/CA & Las Vegas? Where are the biggest American cities with the most diverse and dynamic things happening? Cities unlike any other? Chicago is big, but why not just do NY? Texas, why not just do Vegas?, etc.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Want to see how TWISTED my sense of humor is?

Bacon.

I'm like the Joker (Batman character) in real life now.

Anyway, Civ 6 is free on Epic this week.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
AFAIK there is one more season coming in 2021. Keep watching, totally worth it.
Just finished season 5 and I gotta say that Vince Gilligan is a genius. It's amazing how both Breaking Bad and BCS just get better and better as the series go on. Definitely not a forced spin-off. Can't wait for season 6.

Watched the first episode of Ozark today after seeing some hype around it. Will probably watch Narcos after finishing Ozark. Can't help but notice a pattern in the TV shows I've been into recently.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Just finished season 5 and I gotta say that Vince Gilligan is a genius. It's amazing how both Breaking Bad and BCS just get better and better as the series go on. Definitely not a forced spin-off. Can't wait for season 6.

Watched the first episode of Ozark today after seeing some hype around it. Will probably watch Narcos after finishing Ozark. Can't help but notice a pattern in the TV shows I've been into recently.
I didn't like Ozark.

Narcos, especially the first two seasons, is pretty good.

Reactions: JoVel

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
@JoVel We have the same taste it seems.

We’re halfway through season 2 of Ozark right now, really liking that show. Made me think of Bloodline due to the setting but like waaay better.

Narcos was pretty solid the first two maybe even three seasons but then it went downhill fast imo (including Narcos Mexico). The Escobar seasons were terrific.

We did watch Homeland up to including season 7. Pretty good too. Especially liked the seasons in Islamabad and Berlin. Season 7 was absolute trash though. The 8th and final season has gotten good reviews, gonna check that one out after Ozark.

But yeah BCS is top notch TV. Big payoff last season for sticking with it. Definitely on par with BB.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoVel

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I didn't Ozark.
Why not? It’s got the same recipe as BB kind of but starts after the “breaking bad” moment. Good acting, good writing, great atmosphere, nice twists. I’m still only halfway through it mind you so maybe it’ll change but so far I’m really digging it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why not? It’s got the same recipe as BB kind of but starts after the “breaking bad” moment. Good acting, good writing, great atmosphere, nice twists. I’m still only halfway through it mind you so maybe it’ll change but so far I’m really digging it.
I thought it was boring. Gave up during the first season.

It should be a show I like, but I just didn't.

Anyone watch Succession? I saw the first couple of episodes, but they kept undermining the importance of the plots to their episodes so it felt like nothing mattered.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why stan Gigi Hadid when you can stan Gen. GG Meade?

Anyway, Grant on History Channel is pretty good.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
HBO Go vs HBO Now vs HBO Max vs HBO Lite vs HBO Turbo Hyper Fighting: The New Challengers Anniversary Edition HD Remix

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The cop who put his knee to George Floyd's neck is believed to be in Windemere, FL. Not my side of Orlando, but oh boy.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Anyone know what's Water Street is doing? I'm a bit concerned with all the construction materials laying around...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Not Too-Late Show with Elmo on HBO Max verges on a satire of juvenile banality on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (the first guest, no less).

The annoying producer or whatever in the booth is cut after the first episode.

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Just want to say, hope all you sage in Murica. I'm sitting here in Canada just absolutely baffled at the shit show.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Just want to say, hope all you sage in Murica. I'm sitting here in Canada just absolutely baffled at the shit show.
Normally, I'd expect the protests and definitely the after hours rioting to stop after the weekend, as it's happened in the past. People go back to their jobs, school, etc., but with so much still shut down, and 40 million out of work, it's kind of a perfect storm.

In two weeks, it'll be interesting to see the crowds, given the sure spike of COVID we'll see. I'm sure that there will be a narrative spun about how all of those protestors are now cool with police brutality.

If Trump hadn't declared media an enemy of the people, police might have been kinder to them, and gotten favorable coverage, which seems to be turning a corner now.

I found an article today, basically delving into the realpolitik of 60's civil rights protesting. How Violent Protests Change Politics

There needs to be media control, and a certain uncomfortable friction. MLK wasn't Santa Claus, to paraphrase Cornell West.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Owner of Franklin Manor getting #metoo'd today.
Ehh...I'm not seeing a MeToo. He said stuff about killing protestors. There are thousands of tweets and Facebook posts with the same message.

There is/was a protest directed at Fox 13 Tampa right now. I don't know Fox 13's reputation, but to my understanding, the local stations are not under marching orders from the parent company. Fox and Fox News are very different even.

mediabiasfactcheck.com gave Fox 35, Orlando's affiliate, a 'least biased' assessment. Fox News proper got a 'right bias'.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That's because you're reading a news article. Search his instagram handle on instagram and twitter.
...I see.

edit: and now the protestors are at Franklin Manor.
www.facebook.com/tampabaynews/videos/687131588514775/

Tampa dropped its curfew. I'm also seeing on a stream NYC isn't doing much to enforce theirs. The longer the non-violent protests go into the night, theoretically the fewer hours to allow for the violence to start, and the fewer they can take place, since they stop by sunrise.

Crowds are pretty good at moderating themselves. The Reuters DC stream saw a guy hop up onto a streetlight and start to break off a street sign. He was *heavily* booed, and only noticed the boos were entirely directed at him once he got the sign off, expecting a cheer. You could see him die inside. Once he figured out how to get down, he was immediately swarmed and exiled from the protest.

edit: thinking about it, having his moment being booed by hundreds of people and streamed to thousands on the internet by Reuters and other legitimate news organizations is kind of a nightmare scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
JBB at the Mayor's press conference about yesterday's (6/2) arrests. He doesn't say anything.

WWE guy Titus O'Neill speaks towards the end, and makes the common sense point about how cops aren't robots. You throw stuff at them, and they'll react. The issue I have is that whenever there's abuse, everything gets shifted on to training. It wasn't them, they fell back on their training. They were trained to do that. So from a narrative, it's trying to have it both ways.

I'm seeing on twitter (#TampaProtest) that there's also been concerns of kettling by PD (and in Orlando too for that matter). Leaving them with an unclear, or no exit after curfew. Sun Tzu knew you had to give an out thousands of years ago, or there'll be trouble.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bug giving his thoughts.

I'm seeing issues with expectations over what 'peaceful' protest means. The police want it to be an event with a permit and no one acts unlawfully. There's no friction to that.

Non-violent protest is everything that's not violent, and may include breaking laws, especially if they are unjust.

198 types of nonviolent action

edit:

this is literally the plot to Police Academy

Last edited:
Reactions: The Macho Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad