COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Shame, but it's bad to be right about this case.

Old song, but if we had problems in Finland and had to postponed hockey games and even cancelled for few weeks. Seeing this in NHL isnt shock at all.

You guys havent be that good with covid. Only solution for NHL is get players vaccinated asap and then run games. It might be only solution for NHL.

In Finland even athletics dont have VIP treatment, but NA everything is possible just show the money.

NHL.com Media Site

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So daily new cases in usa over 300k. Deaths almost 400k. So much of predictions of everything will be ok when looking back some posts.

Should hurry up with vaccine ppl. Hope you guys stay safe.

Use mask!

Reactions: Blueston

Mar 6, 2012
Everyone going on about how deaths are exaggerated and the numbers are a lie...

2020 was the single deadliest year in American history. Deaths in 2020 were up 15% over 2019.

This isn't a hoax. Please act responsibly and remember that we are all in this together.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Everyone going on about how deaths are exaggerated and the numbers are a lie...

2020 was the single deadliest year in American history. Deaths in 2020 were up 15% over 2019.

This isn't a hoax. Please act responsibly and remember that we are all in this together.
Who is saying covid is hoax?

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
US drug overdoses increased almost 20% from the previous 12 month reporting period of June 2018 through May 2019. Making it the highest overdose rate in a 12 month period in US history.

The overdose rate increased 20% with only 2 and half months of data released during the lockdown!!! I’ve searched many different sources and it appears they have not released the data from June-December 2020. It will be extremely disturbing I promise you.

Want to talk about the suicide rate or the endless harm that can’t be tracked by data? How about record increase of anti depressant prescriptions? Wake the F up!!!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Oh yeah and how about that record unemployment rate that happened overnight when there was a record high employment rate! But as long as the elderly can live an extra few years then it’s all worth it and justifies my snobby/preaching stance

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
So, my parents got the vaccine at a Walgreens on Illinois side this week - they’re part of the “B” group (seniors). That Walgreens began distributing the vaccine to the B group because they were finished with distributing to the A group. Governor Pritzker then told Walgreens to stop distributing to the B group and wait until Monday because that wasn’t fair that some seniors were able to get the vaccine before others. This is possibly one of the dumbest and incompetent things I’ve ever heard of.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Oh yeah and how about that record unemployment rate that happened overnight when there was a record high employment rate! But as long as the elderly can live an extra few years then it’s all worth it and justifies my snobby/preaching stance
Yeah, it's a crisis. There's going to be fallout from this no matter what we do. That said, I'd say the bolded is quite a misrepresentation of what was/is at stake on the other side of the coin.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So, my parents got the vaccine at a Walgreens on Illinois side this week - they’re part of the “B” group (seniors). That Walgreens began distributing the vaccine to the B group because they were finished with distributing to the A group. Governor Pritzker then told Walgreens to stop distributing to the B group and wait until Monday because that wasn’t fair that some seniors were able to get the vaccine before others. This is possibly one of the dumbest and incompetent things I’ve ever heard of.
It’s idiotic. It’s more than idiotic, and it provokes anger when people in power are directing their power in such a careless fashion.

Normally I roll my eyes a bit when Texas (where I live) flexes it’s independent streak, but I fully supported their decision to deliver the vaccine in their own priority rather than strictly following the CDC. It wasn’t a huge departure, but it showed some independent thought and an effort to actually represent the interests of their population rather than preening for political visibility. There are different circumstances in different places.

Reactions: tfriede2

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I just got my second COVID vaccine on Wednesday. On Thursday I had a fever and felt like I was hit by a truck. By Friday I was fine. Beats getting COVID though
I'll get my vaccine in next week at monday. Long distances have been problematic to deliver vaccines, especially Pfizer. First we were told our unite would get vaccine at 11th of January so we are 2 weeks delay.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
My issue with Covid is the data. To say it is being manipulated.....

CDC - stopped counting Flu cases in October. They all count as Covid now. WTF. There is no flu this year????

Sorry, but we need real numbers. The vaccine may not even prevent Covid so much as lessen the symptoms, but the media seems to gloss over this.

I got my first dose a week ago. But it may not last beyond May. Then what.

You want to get everyone or the majority to buy in, then we need transparency.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island

CDC - stopped counting Flu cases in October. They all count as Covid now. WTF. There is no flu this year????

Sorry, but we need real numbers. The vaccine may not even prevent Covid so much as lessen the symptoms, but the media seems to gloss over this.

The CDC is NOT counting influenza cases as covid. The fact is that because of the precautions we’re taking for covid the rate of influenza has plummeted.

There is definitely data to support that the vaccine prevents infections at a rate of around 95% two weeks after your second vaccination. Also two weeks after the second vaccine no one acquired a serious infection requiring hospitalization. However, only the Astro Zeneca vaccine was studied to determine if it prevented spreading (which it did). Presumably the Pfizer and Moderna do as well, but they have not been studied in that way.

We know these vaccines are effective for at least 6 months. They are probably effective much longer than that but because they’re so new, they literally do not have enough data collected long enough to know. We may require another booster in a year. We have no idea. But if we can get 80-90% of the population vaccinated, then we can eliminate this from human spread. That will be the uphill battle.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

1. Where did you read that flu cases are no longer being reported and that they’re being counted as Covid, and did you check with the cdc website to verify that claim? Go to the source, don’t believe everything you read.

2. What’s your source with respect to the vaccine not preventing Covid? I’m actually curious on this one.

Last edited:

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
Anyone know where to find this mask? I've been looking all pandemic for this exact style!!!

Attachments

• qu17nrcc5wtjwflumlsi.jpg
    qu17nrcc5wtjwflumlsi.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 9

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Flu particulates are 10,000 times smaller than the holes in these masks.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Flu particulates are 10,000 times smaller than the holes in these masks.
True, but the amount of viruses you need to be in contact with in order to cause an actual infection can only be spread by droplets. It takes much more than one single virus to cause an infection. It requires between 1-8 thousand viruses to cause infection in 50% of individuals (it depends on the strain). So if droplets are decreased by the masks then the spread of infection would as well. This is being confirmed by how much lower the rates of influenza have been this year, compared to other years.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
True, but the amount of viruses you need to be in contact with in order to cause an actual infection can only be spread by droplets. It takes much more than one single virus to cause an infection. It requires between 1-8 thousand viruses to cause infection in 50% of individuals (it depends on the strain). So if droplets are decreased by the masks then the spread of infection would as well. This is being confirmed by how much lower the rates of influenza have been this year, compared to other years.

Or they are classifying all flu’s as Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad