Player Discussion: Cory Conacher

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
No. No one on the team has better hands than Purcell AINEC.

Yeah, Teddy so rarely shows us all of his tools in a single game. When he puts them all together, he's arguably the best forward on the ice. If he had Conacher's compete level (Swear the kid is part terrier), then we'd have to pay Teddy 6.5-7m+ / yr.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would say Conacher's vision is on par with Purcell's and I think his hands are comparable. Purcell is bigger, but so what? It's not like Purcell uses his size to his advantage. I would say they are both good 2nd liners and can certainly fit in on a top line. And the reason I brought up his playmaking is because you made it sound as if you have to be a sniper to be in the top 6.

The reason I said size is because Teddy uses it to protect the puck. He's not gonna go to the dirty areas but control it on the outside while Conacher gets knocked off the puck.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Has Conacher always been weak on his skates? Seemed to be falling on the ice a lot in his debut. Besides that he was amazing.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Has Conacher always been weak on his skates? Seemed to be falling on the ice a lot in his debut. Besides that he was amazing.

He usually sits a lot of time on his ass, but that might get better when he has more experience

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Hey, I was looking at your lineup the other night and I was surprised to see that Erne - Gourde - Vermin and Dumont - McKegg - Brown in your bottom6 are all out in front of Conacher. Are they all really a better fit than him?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He was injured when the last round of callups were made apparently.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
does anyone know how come he gets that many penalty minutes in the AHL. It seems to be better in the NHL but, he's not like some kind of agitator or anything like that I believe.. ??

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Conacher's in such a weird spot. He's not really earning himself another look even though he's going Full Gretzky down there.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Conacher is the Crunch version of Denis Hamel, or Mark Mancari. He is a career AHL player who lights up the opponents at this level but cannot quite make that scoring ability work at the NHL level to land a permanent job in "The Show". Not that Hamel, or Mancari did not make the most of their AHL contracts, so he is not in bad company.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher is the Crunch version of Denis Hamel, or Mark Mancari. He is a career AHL player who lights up the opponents at this level but cannot quite make that scoring ability work at the NHL level to land a permanent job in "The Show". Not that Hamel, or Mancari did not make the most of their AHL contracts, so he is not in bad company.
Don’t really buy it. He plays well on Tampa when he gets the chance there is just no room for him. Of course he wouldn’t score at the same pace but put in an offensive position with theLightning he would do well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Conacher now has 22 points in his last 9 games! The guy deserves to be next man up.

Sort of. He's too good for the AHL, but not good enough to be more than a fringe NHLer, whereas guys who haven't dominated as much might bring more to the table at the NHL level.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Conacher now has 22 points in his last 9 games! The guy deserves to be next man up.

Why? We already know how that story ends and it's him back in Syracuse two weeks later. There's no benefit to him coming back up, except to do him a solid since he's on a two way deal this year. We know his scoring can't translate and we have more than enough scoring in the top 9 already to be ok if someone is out. Let the guy win another Cunningham and lead the Crunch to their first ever Calder win.

We need to give a look to Verheaghe first, guy has been great since we got him and could be a cheap 4C option next year if we let Paquette go as he might want a long term deal with come decent money we shouldn't offer him. Verheaghe doesn't play a similar style but has a good two way game that could work. Then we need to look at Volkov and Stephens if he ever gets healthy and back on track.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Don’t really buy it. He plays well on Tampa when he gets the chance there is just no room for him. Of course he wouldn’t score at the same pace but put in an offensive position with theLightning he would do well.
I don’t know. He didn’t work in Ottawa either with much less competition for a roster spot.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He really doesn't. Hes not good enough for the NHL.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Sort of. He's too good for the AHL, but not good enough to be more than a fringe NHLer, whereas guys who haven't dominated as much might bring more to the table at the NHL level.
Possibly true but i’d much rather see Conacher than Martel for example.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Why? We already know how that story ends and it's him back in Syracuse two weeks later. There's no benefit to him coming back up, except to do him a solid since he's on a two way deal this year. We know his scoring can't translate and we have more than enough scoring in the top 9 already to be ok if someone is out. Let the guy win another Cunningham and lead the Crunch to their first ever Calder win.

We need to give a look to Verheaghe first, guy has been great since we got him and could be a cheap 4C option next year if we let Paquette go as he might want a long term deal with come decent money we shouldn't offer him. Verheaghe doesn't play a similar style but has a good two way game that could work. Then we need to look at Volkov and Stephens if he ever gets healthy and back on track.
How many crunch games do you watch ?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Possibly true but i’d much rather see Conacher than Martel for example.

I think they want Conacher anchoring that Syracuse squad instead of being a healthy scratch the vast majority of nights, only reason I can guess why he's not up. He's played well enough in the NHL to be a regular, which is why they extended him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad