Player Discussion: Cory Conacher

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Cory is a pitbull that will stand up for any of his teammates, is physical and not afraid to get to the dirty areas of the ice. Great speed, good hands, vision and a decent scorer. You'll love him, just wait and see.

I think you're right. :) When I saw the return we got, I at first thought I was reading it wrong. LOL I guess I bought in at least a little to the haters on here (not referring to Tampa fans lol) that were grossly downplaying his value. I'm sure that there was a bit of an overpayment factor as well, given Tampa had the need, and are a divisional opponent starting next year.

And being the pessimistic sort that I am, I immediately assumed that he was slightly damaged goods. Does he have a persistent/recurring injury or anything?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think you're right. :) When I saw the return we got, I at first thought I was reading it wrong. LOL I guess I bought in at least a little to the haters on here (not referring to Tampa fans lol) that were grossly downplaying his value. I'm sure that there was a bit of an overpayment factor as well, given Tampa had the need, and are a divisional opponent starting next year.

And being the pessimistic sort that I am, I immediately assumed that he was slightly damaged goods. Does he have a persistent/recurring injury or anything?
Diabetes.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Diabetes.

Meh, not too worried about that. He hasn't missed any games due to it this year, has he?

Oh, and if it helps Tampa Bay fans, it may have been a slight overpayment by Stevie Y, but in his defense, between you being in our division next year, and several teams bidding on him, this is I guess what it took for you to land him.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008

Not really, aside from the complications at birth and diabetes already mentioned. I am gutted we lost him...

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Some great feedback here from Tampa fans. What is the general feeling so far amongst TB fans about this trade?

While some are on the ledge and absolutely losing it, I am ok with it. I just don't like losing a guy with heart like Conacher...if the whole team played with his effort, we'd be in the playoff hunt, no doubt.

That said...of our offensive prospects, I think Conacher was the most likely player to part with. Johnson, Palat, Panik, etc. all have big upsides, have shown they can play with the big club, and I feel they have a future with this club.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Hopefully this will be one of those trades that benefits both teams. And considering the age of the players involved, this could have a very positive long-term effect for both teams. :)

SP

Oct 24, 2006
Bishop's huge and uses his size well. The obvious downside if his size is that he can struggle with his five hole at times. Plays angles well, and is good with desperation saves when caught out of position.

He's also fantastic in the shootout.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Bishop's huge and uses his size well. The obvious downside if his size is that he can struggle with his five hole at times. Plays angles well, and is good with desperation saves when caught out of position.

He's also fantastic in the shootout.

Great, because we don't already have enough of those :shakehead

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
i dont really get the lots of bad penalties comments, he's only taken 8 minors or 16PIMs this year....

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
i dont really get the lots of bad penalties comments, he's only taken 8 minors or 16PIMs this year....

If you watched him with Norfolk last year and how he played in the playoffs at times, you'd understand. He has calmed it down a little but I have a feeling that with more ice time you'll see that number climb again.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He will be an instant fan favorite, absolute fearless pit bull. The Honey Badger, people always doubt him and he always comes through. Blazing speed, quick hands and feet and there is just no quit in him. Much like Gallagher with Montreal. Unless Bishop becomes a solid # 1 , you committed robbery.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We're not criticizing Ottawa as we are Tampa Bay's recent ability to find new ways to lose.

This, Bishop looks good in the shootout, to bad that does nothing for a team who can't score a shootout goal to save their lives.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Bishop's five hole issues are being massively overstated. It's just an easy scouting target because of his size. For me his biggest issue is fighting the puck. His glove is also average.

I'm very surprised none of the Sens scouting reports have mentioned his puck handling. That's his M.O. Great on dump ins. Haven't seen many Tampa games this season but if you struggle on getting the puck out of the zone he can really help when the other team shoots it in.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He doesn't quit, very good creativity and vision, good playmaking and shooting skills, not good defensively but he can improve, he sometimes gets too emotional and makes stupid mistakes from time to time.

A more talented version of Downie (being less of a pest too)

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
He doesn't quit, very good creativity and vision, good playmaking and shooting skills, not good defensively but he can improve, he sometimes gets too emotional and makes stupid mistakes from time to time.

A more talented version of Downie (being less of a pest too)

What do you say to those Theo Fluery lite comparisons? Unfair, or maybe some similarities?

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On
You guy's are going to love Ben, he's a GREAT person. He's also a very capable #1, he was thrown into the fire last year during our days coming up to the playoffs and was stellar. He's incredible on the shootout (Near perfect) and is an overall great goalie, he doesn't give up many soft goals.

The issue of your defence being weak is no problem, he can handle 40+ shots every day of the week.

Guys you may have got the #1G you've been looking for..

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I read a scouting report on Bishop, is it true he can only move diagonally?

(note: this joke has now been made. it cannot be made again)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A 3rd line, undersized winger for a potential #1 goalie. We definitely got shafted in this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->