OT: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Inventory is still really low and interest rates will be favorable. I read that during the 2008 crisis, there were almost 20,000 home on the market and today it’s between 6,000-7,000.

That said, with the market drop people won’t be as keen to buy a home now. Also, less out of town folks will fly down for house hunting trips and with shelter in place, less people will want showings of a home.

We have no symptoms (but know that doesn’t mean we can’t have it) and check our temperature daily just to be safe. We’ve provided gloves and hand sanitizer for people that come to see the home for their safety and ours and then we immediately wipe down all touchable surfaces with disinfectant when we return to the house after a showing. It’s not a guarantee and is a lot of work, but prudent steps to minimize risk.

I’m guessing that all showings will end soon and we’ll just have to wait it out. Thankfully, we are in a position where we can afford to.

What a change a few hours make. We got an offer, agreed on a price and now just have to sign the agreements.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Inventory is still really low and interest rates will be favorable. I read that during the 2008 crisis, there were almost 20,000 home on the market and today it’s between 6,000-7,000.

That said, with the market drop people won’t be as keen to buy a home now. Also, less out of town folks will fly down for house hunting trips and with shelter in place, less people will want showings of a home.

We have no symptoms (but know that doesn’t mean we can’t have it) and check our temperature daily just to be safe. We’ve provided gloves and hand sanitizer for people that come to see the home for their safety and ours and then we immediately wipe down all touchable surfaces with disinfectant when we return to the house after a showing. It’s not a guarantee and is a lot of work, but prudent steps to minimize risk.

I’m guessing that all showings will end soon and we’ll just have to wait it out. Thankfully, we are in a position where we can afford to.
Hell of a time to refinance as we are currently doing over here

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So Svechnikov posted a video of him at North Hills, in the little park, just bouncing a tennis ball on a stick/foot, etc.....it was deleted once (I think, because the comments weren’t loading) and then popped up again. Some of the comments are mind numbing....YOU SHOULD BE INSIDE!!!

First...that’s simply not true. Plus nobody was around him.

Second...I bet he lives there.

So f*** off dickheads.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I saw that video and had no idea he (might) live that close. Not that I'd likely recognize him if I passed him on the street anyway.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What a change a few hours make. We got an offer, agreed on a price and now just have to sign the agreements.

What a change a few more hours makes. The buyers changed their mind so no deal. Oh well, onward we go.

giphy.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Man, I'm just still pissed that town is turning off people's utilities at a time when sanitation could quite literally be the difference between life and death.

I find myself kinda wishing this dumbass mayor gets the 'rona and no one will lift a finger to help her, and maybe that makes me a bad person but f*** her anyway
I liked how the other guys are like "Does recess mean..." "Yeah we will continue" completely resigned like they are completely used to whatever drama these two cook up in any given meeting.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In Finland bars and restaurants are still open. Some of the restaurant and bar owners are literally publicly begging the government to order their line of business to be closed, because if the owners do it on their own volition their insurance won't cover for it. It's quite probable that the insurance companies are privately asking the government to not to.

Helsinki-based neurosurgeon got his own public service announcement:

He tells they today got five doctors on the morning round thinking ways to save masks, coats and gloves so that they will still have some in few weeks' time.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
He tells they today got five doctors on the morning round thinking ways to save masks, coats and gloves so that they will still have some in few weeks' time.

The hospital my wife works in is doing the same right now. The PPE supply is going to be one of the biggest issues. Some people are starting to 3D-print face shields.

Reactions: Lempo and zman77

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So Svechnikov posted a video of him at North Hills, in the little park, just bouncing a tennis ball on a stick/foot, etc.....it was deleted once (I think, because the comments weren’t loading) and then popped up again. Some of the comments are mind numbing....YOU SHOULD BE INSIDE!!!

First...that’s simply not true. Plus nobody was around him.

Second...I bet he lives there.

So f*** off dickheads.
That video with McLovin and Doogie earlier this year was of the three of them taking electric scooters down from their apartment and riding around North Hills. I think they either share a condo or live in the same area in that complex

Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
That video with McLovin and Doogie earlier this year was of the three of them taking electric scooters down from their apartment and riding around North Hills. I think they either share a condo or live in the same area in that complex

The Athletic article about a day in Svech’s life said there’s like 4 or 5 of them that have places in the same building.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sweden has 20 dead this far. A Stockholm doctor fears that in this weekend or next week they will be in situation where everyone in need of intensive care cannot be treated and they will have to start picking who will receive treatment. The bottleneck isn't the equipment but (like in Finland) running out of the IC-capable personnel.

In Finland they have already been pretty open that when the picking start they will choose to maximise the saved years of life, so younger people before the older.

Reactions: MinJaBen

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Moving out of the house to prevent an increased risk for my family.

In 2 hours I am going to the hospital hostel. In 14 hours I have a health check-up.

CZE still somehow holding on without any deaths. The number of critical cases has risen from 7 to 19 though. I wish we could last, but I don't see it.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Ran out to Walmart and Harris Teeter in New Bern for a couple necessities. No toilet paper at Walmart but plenty of older people. Almost felt like Opposite Day as they took social distancing to mean get all up in everyone’s shit. On the way out an old guy started coughing, he loudly exclaimed that he needs to quit smoking. Definitely gave him more than 6 feet.
Hardly any chicken or beef at the Harris teeter minus the more expensive cuts and bubba burgers. Plenty of the veggie burgers though haha

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad