OT: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
With no NCAA tourney travel this year, news like this makes me glad that my springtime amusement of choice is hitting the open air, mostly empty, hiking trails with my dog. Still, might avoid the crowded spots.

I saw a lady coming into my building today using wipes to enter the security code and on the door handles.

The Athletic had a story today:

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
It is interesting that they locked the chain in main board on this. I've been following the situation quite much last weeks and of course it has been clear that world looks quite different in couple of months.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
It is interesting that they locked the chain in main board on this. I've been following the situation quite much last weeks and of course it has been clear that world looks quite different in couple of months.

All of that because ONE CHINESE GUY HAS EATEN THE WRONG BAT.

On an entirely serious note, bats carry so many fricken’ diseases it’s fascinating that Chinese goverment as authoritarian as it is haven’t bashed that information into its people.

Her boss basically told her to telecommute for the foreseeable future.

At least the boss is reasonable about this.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Keep washing your hands. Try your best to not unconsciously eat with them and also try avoid touching your face. Apparently unclean hands to your mouth and face is the prime way how you catch stuff.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
One thing I WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE IS NOT GIVING HANDSHAKES DURING THE FLU SEASON IN GENERAL.

Oh that's just great. In the last two weeks I've traveled to Chicago, Vegas, Houston, Nashville, D.C., and Virginia Beach, and this guy decides to roll out through RDU to the Typhoid Mary nursing home right in the middle of that. AAAAAAAAAA

I'm doing teleconferences from here on out- f*** this.
On a completely different note.

Did your paperwork come through?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Keep washing your hands. Try your best to not unconsciously eat with them and also try avoid touching your face. Apparently unclean hands to your mouth and face is the prime way how you catch stuff.
My eyes get really dry and gunked up quite frequently due to an allergy of some sort. I stay strapped with the hand sanitizer. Always been a bit of a germaphobe but it’s kind of amazing how often we unconsciously touch our faces.

The manufacturing facility I work at has started putting signs up all over the building about washing hands and such. Visitors aren’t allowed in the building if they’ve been to a hot spot. There’s a guy visiting family somewhere in Asia. Not sure if he’s been told yet but he isn’t allowed into the building until he’s been back in the US symptom free for 2 weeks. Knowing how much they pay people on the production side I’d be surprised if he could afford that much unpaid time off after a vacation overseas.

Reactions: Lempo

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
My eyes get really dry and gunked up quite frequently due to an allergy of some sort. I stay strapped with the hand sanitizer. Always been a bit of a germaphobe but it’s kind of amazing how often we unconsciously touch our faces.

The manufacturing facility I work at has started putting signs up all over the building about washing hands and such. Visitors aren’t allowed in the building if they’ve been to a hot spot. There’s a guy visiting family somewhere in Asia. Not sure if he’s been told yet but he isn’t allowed into the building until he’s been back in the US symptom free for 2 weeks. Knowing how much they pay people on the production side I’d be surprised if he could afford that much unpaid time off after a vacation overseas.

They will have to pay him as they will put him in Quarantine (any court would say this is a breach of contract) - if he gets ill and can't go to work thats different.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
All of that because ONE CHINESE GUY HAS EATEN THE WRONG BAT.

On an entirely serious note, bats carry so many fricken’ diseases it’s fascinating that Chinese goverment as authoritarian as it is haven’t bashed that information into its people.

At least the boss is reasonable about this.

Or danced with a pangolin

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

SO YOU HAVE FINALLY BEATEN THE WORK INTERVIEW I SEE.

Those two weeks are sadly necessary. Covid isn't really that dangerous to the majority of the population, because the lethality is smaller because many people who just treated it as flu are not accounted for among the infected, but its long incubation time poses a big problem because it makes it easy to spread.

Or danced with a pangolin

AND THEN ATE IT.

Last edited:
Reactions: raynman

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
It's times like these I'm glad I work from home and don't travel often. Although my 7 month pregnant wife is an ICU nurse....

This whole thing should be fine in 3 months.

Although... Please don't tell me she has to work while she is 7 months into pregnancy. (I don't consider it likely, but ... I have seen things.)

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
One thing I’ve learned from this is that a lot of people weren’t aware that washing your hands was important, which is nice and disturbing.

Yeah I'm not surprised as I've heard people in my office's bathrooms eating on the toilet.

It takes just one. ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->