OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine stops the spread of COVID in addition to eliminating serious symptoms

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

These result match that of a smaller 31,000 person study (awaiting peer review) conducted by the Mayo Clinic:

US coronavirus: Covid-19 hospitalizations in the US dip to lowest level since November - CNN

The early data on these mRNA vaccines has been everything one could wish for a year ago - high efficacy against serious symptoms and the ability to prevent transmission of the virus.
Time to start rolling out those vaccine get out of jail cards!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This upsets me because that f***ing Church constantly is breaking the rules and enforcement just shrugs their shoulders.

In that guys case just give him a warning. Trying to trap him is absolutely disgusting.

I get the rules, I get the point, but if you are only enforcing it on the little guys and not the big guys? Heck I went to a prominent bar chain to pick up and order and it was ABSOLUTELY PACKED. Every table, everything. Doubt they would get a ticket for it, but ticket this guy AS they trap him? Good grief.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This upsets me because that f***ing Church constantly is breaking the rules and enforcement just shrugs their shoulders.

In that guys case just give him a warning. Trying to trap him is absolutely disgusting.

I get the rules, I get the point, but if you are only enforcing it on the little guys and not the big guys? Heck I went to a prominent bar chain to pick up and order and it was ABSOLUTELY PACKED. Every table, everything. Doubt they would get a ticket for it, but ticket this guy AS they trap him? Good grief.

All the other Hair dressers were not allowed to cut hair. Why should this guy be allowed to, and he was dishonest pretty much throughout. He was cutting hair throughout this and why they conducted the sting on him. He simply wasn't willing to follow the regulations and was exposing himself, any patrons, and potentially others in the building by contravening guidelines INDOORs where infections generally occur.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Shocking that she likes the fear mongering crayon drawn charts.

when the real numbers and actual facts don’t support your agenda you have to find something to whine about. Crazy that she would support decisions being made based on massively incorrect modeling and fear based worst case scenarios instead off of real numbers and logic.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So a $2000 hotel prison stay for weeks or an $880 failure to comply ticket so you can go straight home and fight it later in court. Yet the herd lined up to be incarcerated.

Pearson bracing for potential 'chaos' as new hotel rules implemented | Toronto Sun

"Sky, who has been an avid anti-lockdown and anti-mask advocate, refused to take any test or stand in lines forming for hotels.
“Canadians have rights,” he said.

He was concerned authorities may try to detain him, but instead found Peel Regional Police to be extremely “polite and professional.” They merely gave him an $880 ticket for non-compliance and released him
."

Reactions: oilers'72

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Toronto lockdown supporter sets sites on Alberta.

'Playing with fire': Alberta's R-value creeps back above 1, signalling higher infection rate | Calgary Sun

"Alberta’s virus reproduction rate — also known as the R-value — is back above 1, according to University of Toronto epidemiologist Dr. David Fisman, who pegged the number at 1.09 Saturday." The number is an estimate, calculated by epidemiologists by working backwards and factoring in metrics including case counts, hospitalizations and mortality."

"University of Calgary developmental biologist Malgorzata Gasperowicz said while there aren’t enough data points yet to say with confidence that Alberta will see another growth in cases, she advocated for a strategy of a short, severe lockdown to eradicate viral spread in the community and avoid a third wave driven by variants.

If we do a lockdown in March and April, it won’t give us the normalcy back, but if it was implemented now we could have a nice summer, with almost no COVID,” Gasperowicz predicted."

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Nice to see some people understand their rights and freedoms guaranteed under the charter

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If we do a lockdown in March and April, it won’t give us the normalcy back, but if it was implemented now we could have a nice summer, with almost no COVID,” Gasperowicz predicted."
who gets a nice summer? you, since you get paid through these lockdowns no matter what

utter nonsense what these "experts" are continually peddling

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just a personal update. I am very pleased to advise that my mom survived COVID and is doing well. At 94 years old, there was some definite concern. Her LTC facility is now free and clear of all cases (4 residents didn't make it). This is going to sound weird to you guys. Let's face it, at 94, she could go any time. But now, I can take some kind of perverted satisfaction knowing that she will not be a COVID stat, no matter what happens. Should be able to finally visit this week some time. To all you with elderly parents, grandparents, or anyone that died from this, my heart goes out. I am one of the lucky ones still having a mom.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Toronto lockdown supporter sets sites on Alberta.

'Playing with fire': Alberta's R-value creeps back above 1, signalling higher infection rate | Calgary Sun

"Alberta’s virus reproduction rate — also known as the R-value — is back above 1, according to University of Toronto epidemiologist Dr. David Fisman, who pegged the number at 1.09 Saturday." The number is an estimate, calculated by epidemiologists by working backwards and factoring in metrics including case counts, hospitalizations and mortality."

"University of Calgary developmental biologist Malgorzata Gasperowicz said while there aren’t enough data points yet to say with confidence that Alberta will see another growth in cases, she advocated for a strategy of a short, severe lockdown to eradicate viral spread in the community and avoid a third wave driven by variants.

Jeezus, they're starting to lose compliancy by the day, and these guys want to put the hammer down even harder?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Just a personal update. I am very pleased to advise that my mom survived COVID and is doing well. At 94 years old, there was some definite concern. Her LTC facility is now free and clear of all cases (4 residents didn't make it). This is going to sound weird to you guys. Let's face it, at 94, she could go any time. But now, I can take some kind of perverted satisfaction knowing that she will not be a COVID stat, no matter what happens. Should be able to finally visit this week some time. To all you with elderly parents, grandparents, or anyone that died from this, my heart goes out. I am one of the lucky ones still having a mom.

Nice, congrats man, great to hear.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Thanks for the update. My mom and dad passed at age 78 and 83 respectively. Your mom must be a real trooper and speaks well to longevity you might have in you as well. Glad to you and anybody that gets to see their parents, loved ones, survive this. One of the horrors of Covid-19 is the people that have passed had to die in isolation bereft of all the supportive people that would be there for them. Cherish the time, which I sense you will.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
when the real numbers and actual facts don’t support your agenda you have to find something to whine about. Crazy that she would support decisions being made based on massively incorrect modeling and fear based worst case scenarios instead off of real numbers and logic.

In a land called Ontario an unmentioned figure made the nails on blackboard screeching comment. People can look it up. Some shoes fit with that here as well.

I'm just saying this because its not helpful to have opponents be constantly critical of the incumbent authority while also proclaiming concern that present authority is spreading distrust. I mean who, actually, is fomenting distrust in these constant criticisms?

I'm fine with criticism. But let it be somewhat valid, honest, with merit.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yes, he has certain rights as he demonstrated in the video. Hopefully this person also remembers the responsibility part of being a citizen and self-isolates for the recommended period of time.

He's one of these far-right anti-mask, COVID-is-fake, whackadoodles so expecting him to follow the rules is a vain hope.

Reactions: belair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad