OT: Coronavirus XXXII: Pfizer Vaccinations Being Administered in the UK and Soon Canada & the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Sure, if gathering with buddies at malls is still allowed for some reason.
How about they just stick with their family as instructed til the restrictions are off?
Maybe their significant other broke up with them and they feel suicidal. Maybe lots of things. That’s the problem.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Sure, if gathering with buddies at malls is still allowed for some reason.
How about they just stick with their family as instructed til the restrictions are off?
This is impossible for people to understand if they only care about themselves.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
All buddy had to do was comply and get off the ice instead of being the escalator. They apparently gave him multiple chances and he took exactly zero of those opportunities. This is no different than busting up a house party, send everyone home except those who reside there. As it's a public park/outdoor rink, everyone gets sent home. It's not hard to follow.

Why does EVERYBODY get sent home? There is no regulation stating that implicitly. just saying. The restriction on outdoor activity is restricting public outdoor "gathering" It is not defined in any numbers, it is not defined beyond a concept of not gathering in a public place. So that the constables could say, who gathered here, and ask those to leave. At the point of screaming, tazer, arrest, nobody was still "gathered" on the rink. There was one person on the rink.

Where we are disagreeing on this is its presumed that individuals respond reasonable to sudden use of escalation and undue force. When you take a conflict resolution de-escalation course its the first thing that gets dispelled. You learn more about how alarm reactions are cited in the individual and how even normal individuals can become confused, disoriented, resistant, when what is happening is not making any sense to them and that they detect they are in danger.

Escalation results in confusion, resistance, build up, situations getting worse, and alarm reactions being button pushed. its why you don't do it.

Its why de-escalation workshops occur, and are mandated training in the first place.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
they're basically telling kids to stay home and get unhealthy and play video games
especially disturbing since being outdoors is safer than being indoors in poorly ventilated areas
I get the "overcrowded" part but it's nonsense...malls are overcrowded and they don't bust those up

Just another example of laws only being enforced if they can create wealth for the government. These guys can/will be given fines, whereas mall-goers are spending money and therefore paying GST and creating taxable income for store operators.

Reactions: oilers'72

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maybe their significant other broke up with them and they feel suicidal. Maybe lots of things. That’s the problem.
There is a lot of grey area between wanting to play shinny with buddies and being suicidal.

Follow the rules even if u r 'suicidaly' bored. Bad break ups is not an excuse for breaking law. Mental instability may reduce your sentence if you end up assaulting or killing someone but you would still be breaking rules.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
There goes Drivesaitl's "young baby child teenager" argument. Who would have thought he/she went based on incorrect information and run with it?

Is the sky blue today? The moon still in the sky? Oh. Guess it's just another normal day.

Lol, he made mention to how the "kid" was a 14 y/o. LOL, no way in hell. First glance he definitely looked early 20s to me.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In a pandemic.

You can call bootlicking all you want. But there are other variables in play here. I don't side with the police, typically ever and I'm not in this situation whatsoever. But it doesn't change the fact that this guy is an idiot.

It's a pandemic people. Everyone needs to sacrifice.

Didn't you just call out presumption.

Why is it necessary to call this person an idiot, a doofus, etc. Its a way in which to justify the unexplainable escalation that happened in the video by making it the fault of the young adult..for the crime of loving skating on a skating rink.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
There is a lot of grey area between wanting to play shinny with buddies and being suicidal.

Follow the rules even if u r 'suicidaly' bored. Bad break ups is not an excuse for breaking law. Mental instability may reduce your sentence if you end up assaulting or killing someone but you would still be breaking rules.
In a perfect world everybody is healthy happy and well adjusted. It’s the authorities who escalated the situation. Because the politicians told them to do so. This is on nenshi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oy.

This thread.

o_O

I think that 21 year old dickcheese should get a shit kicking myself. :thumbu:
rabble rabble roar!

;)

heh, proof positive that we are all elicited by something.

Somebody should tazer me, I might be dangerous sitting here banging away on the keyboard. Time to go outside to a park and see what happens...;)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
in other news, Australia locked down for 3 months to "Beat" Covid

now it's back
Greater Sydney lockdown fears as Gladys Berejiklian warns coronavirus cases to worsen

maybe Australia should lockdown for 6 months, that should do the trick
crazy how cases go up as soon as a lockdown is lifted

The state of Victoria in Australia is the one that had the lockdown. A lockdown that ended nearly 2 months ago and the state is now at 50 consecutive days without any community transmission.

The area that is going to need to lockdown now is a different part of the country. One that did not have the huge lockdown earlier.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Can we really play shinny with strangers? The local outdoor rink in my community is only open for skating and no sticks.

It's pretty obvious that these guys were not strangers so we're breaking the outdoor gathering rule anyway.

Ya it's muddy. Some say shinny is not allowed (which I thought was the case as well... only skating allowed and maybe shooting or handling the puck on your own). No one knows the exact rules. But I bet they were violating some other restriction like 10 people at the rink.
Also, word out there is a bunch of people got $1000 fines here in Edmonton for something like this at an ODR.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
rabble rabble roar!

;)

heh, proof positive that we are all elicited by something.

Somebody should tazer me, I might be dangerous sitting here banging away on the keyboard. Time to go outside to a park and see what happens...;)

Haha. I'm wondering if that punks buddies are going to have a word or 2 with him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
In a perfect world everybody is healthy happy and well adjusted. It’s the authorities who escalated the situation. Because the politicians told them to do so. This is on nenshi
The politicians are evil? They make rules for a reason. It is pretty obvious why gatherings are limited. Police's job is to enforce it.
The man who thought it was cool in front of his buddies to challenge these supposedly temporary restrictions is the type of people who escalate things.
Gives the 'rebels' fuel against the rules.

In a perfect world everyone follows the rules and the rules are relaxed because in a perfect world there is no pandemic.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The politicians are evil? They make rules for a reason. It is pretty obvious why gatherings are limited. Police's job is to enforce it.
The man who thought it was cool in front of his buddies to challenge these supposedly temporary restrictions is the type of people who escalate things.

In a perfect world everyone follows the rules and the rules are relaxed because in a perfect world there is no pandemic.
I never said politicians are evil. People are corrupt incompetent and out for themselves though. If a restriction is necessary you can sell it. Nobody is buying this nag.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The fact that there are even people trying to argue in favour of a citizen being arrested for public skating tells you how deep rooted the conditioning to simply accept authoritarian boots on our throats is.

1984-ingsoc-big-brother-political-slogans-poster.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
127163089_10164405186070514_152858652059326726_n.jpg

I would suspect that situations like this are why the action was taken. Just because the other friends left the ice (5 feet away from it, lol), doesn't mean they'll all get back there as soon as enforcement leaves. Guess I won't get any love for this, but if the guy asks why he's being told to leave (and he'd have to be a complete recluse not to know what the bylaw for this is), and is given an answer and fails to comply, I would give him two CALM warnings about the taser, and if he still asks the same question, I would taser the f***er and be done with it. Stupidity should never be an option to flaunt the law. And then kindly ask the others to leave, while I reload in plain view.:D

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The trouble is in how to enforce regulations, restrictions that are not defined. That are instead nebulously worded.

Simple solution, as I stated weeks ago is to define the rules a bit closer. What capacity for a standard dimensions outdoor rink in which transmission is generally minimal, outdoors. I agree that 40 is pushing it. I figure 20 could be reasonably distanced on ice and to play non contact hockey or skating.

But there is no defnition of the rules, and there is no standard of enforcement given, other than 1k fines. The police do not have informed authority because the informed restrictions have not been given. They are told simply to respond to outdoor gatherings and to do something...

Which results in a circumstance like this. As I stated earlier if theres an actual rule stated, as there is for other places, like 20 people allowed, then they could just tell half the skaters to go home. hell just take a hose out and start flooding the rink. Entire problem solved.

Reactions: oilers'72 and Spawn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad