OT: Coronavirus XXXII: Pfizer Vaccinations Being Administered in the UK and Soon Canada & the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Because you can't keep some of the group engaged in the shinny game and send others home. This guy was part of the group, he was ordered off the ice as he was violating public health orders. What message does that send to just give up and say "whatever" and let him or some keep skating, especially if there were no family members living under the same household? For someone who has been so adamant for everyone to stay home and not socialize, I'm quite surprised at your stance on this one.

As someone else posted, police are there to uphold laws, not make them. They were called to backup a by law official who called in support to gain compliance of multiple people suspected of violating public health orders. How he became aware of it, who knows. If the police didn't show, that's neglect of duty. The rest of this guy's buddies complied, why didn't he? He was clearly obstructing them, which is a criminal code offense and what he was arrested for.

Its laughable they went "too far".

Did they pepper spray him?
Did they strike him with their batons?
Did they taser him?

I ask all of you to put yourself in their position. Here is a group of guys in skates with hockey sticks and pucks. Any of these three items could have become weapons of attack. Since everyone thinks they went too far, how would you have handled this individual if you were an officer in this position?

The thing is, as I've said before this is a 2:20 second confrontation of the back half of the event. All CPS members wear body cameras so guess who has the whole event captured from their arrival. It's easy for Joe Public to post twitter and YT vids of interactions with police but police officers can't do the same. Imagine if an officer posted body cam video to his/her personal social media account of their interactions with the public.

No one is going to change my opinion on this, I'm likely not going to change anyone else's. I've put in my 2 cents. The guy got what he deserved, we'll see if the courts agree.

Absolutely. There has to be tangible consequences for flouting rules during the pandemic. People need to know there's actually teeth in the enforcement of these bylaws otherwise they will continue to circumvent them. We're trying to keep the outdoor rinks open for people to use safely following the guidelines set and get exercise outdoors. Hopefully idiots like that don't ruin it for everyone and get the rinks shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad