OT: Coronavirus XXXII: Pfizer Vaccinations Being Administered in the UK and Soon Canada & the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Love the new "kid" argument.
How do you know for certain that they are not in their 20s?
Even if they are 14 or 15 they have been doing online classes for a while since grades 7+ hasn't been in person.
If these are indeed "kids" breaking some rule then give their parents a speech for negligence.

Better than being home and eating garbage is not a good alternate for kids or adults but it is what we are told to do by the government because of Covid.
the government has told us that outdoor rinks are open, so people are gonna go there

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Love the new "kid" argument.
How do you know for certain that they are not in their 20s?
Even if they are 14 or 15 they have been doing online classes for a while since grades 7+ hasn't been in person.
If these are indeed "kids" breaking some rule then give their parents a speech for negligence.

Better than being home and eating garbage is not a good alternate for kids or adults but it is what we are told to do by the government because of Covid.
He said he was 17 in the video. Stop excusing incompetent police work.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It’s clear that the child was in the wrong. It’s also clear that the two officers 100% failed at their job and handled the situation as poorly as possible. One is paid by tax payers to serve and protect, the other is a kid. One showed ignorance, the other showed complete incompetence.
Yup, agreed.

It's the officer's jobs to maintain civility, and they not only escalated it but took it over the edge with physical force. But kid, go home.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm of the side that everyone should take their personal liberties and shove them up their ass at the moment. If you look through my post history, this is some cognitive dissonance for me, as I'm a libertarian at heart when it comes to freedoms. However, I'm also a utilitarian and my personal wants are not above the greater good and health of others. So I'm not going to ODR, even though I want to, can't go to the gym even though I usually go 6 days a week and I'm limiting my trips other than walking my dog and going to the grocery store.

In my mind, there should be enforcement of public places like the malls, and other public areas. We're in another forced lockdown because people can't be trusted to not put their wants over everyone else's needs. But that's just how I view it.
if you haven't noticed, our cases have down because of just this

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yup, agreed.

It's the officer's jobs to maintain civility, and they not only escalated it but took it over the edge with physical force. But kid, go home.

At the point where the cops chose to escalate the situation to the point of physical assault the kid was all alone on the ice. He has every right to be on the ice by himself.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
And this is exactly the issue he was highlighting. Thanks for proving Drive’s point.
Like I said, I'm not reading all of that drivel. It's all speculation. He/her also raises the points of them being female officers several times, which isn't relevant.

Reactions: TB12

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Alright, looks like everyone is on the same page now. A rare occurrence.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Like I said, I'm not reading all of that drivel. It's all speculation. He/her also raises the points of them being female officers several times, which isn't relevant.
No it isn’t. The way young males are treated is 100% an issue with society today. The stats prove that is a much larger issue than their skin color even. It’s not speculation, it’s the facts, and this embarrassing act by those two officers highlight it perfectly.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
While on gender topic, there is this bigger male cop in the video. I wonder if the kid would have resisted as much as he did if the guy was the one trying to get him off the ice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I stated exactly why the sex is relevant, and I suspect you know it is. The two constables flew off in a rage, I repeat enraged at the male youth. While wearing badges, being paid, being in professional authority, they lost it on the kid. Its clear escalation of abuse, as the video indicates. Everybody in the thread knows you didn't respond to my reply because you couldn't.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No it isn’t. The way young males are treated is 100% an issue with society today. The stats prove that is a much larger issue than their skin color even. It’s not speculation, it’s the facts, and this embarrassing act by those two officers highlight it perfectly.
Yup, the fact these kids think it's okay to argue with elders/authority says a lot about the society. I was scared shitless and couldn't even look at the cops when I was stopped and questioned by EPS when I was 15/16. There is no respect for institution here..

Reactions: McFuhryous

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I stated exactly why the sex is relevant, and I suspect you know it is. The two constables flew off in a rage, I repeat enraged at the male youth. While wearing badges, being paid, being in professional authority, they lost it on the kid. Its clear escalation of abuse, as the video indicates. Everybody in the thread knows you didn't respond to my reply because you couldn't.
Your reasoning for bringing up the fact that it was two female officers twice was not justified whatsoever. You speculate entirely throughout your post and none of it is factual, outside of the abuse of power by the police. All you see if a video and you've already written a story.

Go ahead, tell me his exact age. Tell me who he was with at the time that the bylaw officers showed up with, and what his actions were. Tell me exactly what happened.

You can't. You speculate and you dramatize. That's all you do. I didn't respond, not because of lack of ability, but because it's a waste of time.

Reactions: TB12 and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Apparently the 17yo young teenager is 21.

"A 21-year-old was charged with obstructing an officer, resisting arrest and violating the public health act"

Reactions: Drivesaitl

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Apparently the 17yo young teenager is 21.

"A 21-year-old was charged with obstructing an officer, resisting arrest and violating the public health act"
There goes Drivesaitl's "young baby child teenager" argument. Who would have thought he/she went based on incorrect information and run with it?

Is the sky blue today? The moon still in the sky? Oh. Guess it's just another normal day.

Reactions: HK97 and TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
but you can play shinny with strangers.....makes perfect sense
I wonder if by-law officers will be there when people skate too close to each other/

in any case, video like this are why police get a bad rep....it was needless IMO

The last health order Kenney unleashed specifically states no outdoor gatherings unless it's members of your own household so no you can't play shinny with friends/strangers as that is construed as a gathering.
Per the news article I posted above, as usual the video only shows half of what went down before hand.

In regards to your last comment, officers of any type, police or bylaw need to exercise discretion too. What do they (city council) do, take the square footage of all l outdoor rinks/ponds and give a capacity of skaters allowed at one time? I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions on the bylaw side and enforcement side. By the sounds of witness accounts to the media, the officers gave this guy multiple chances and he made his choices. The video is more damning to his defense than the police's in my opinion.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The last health order Kenney unleashed specifically states no outdoor gatherings unless it's members of your own household so no you can't play shinny with strangers as that is construed as a gathering.
Per the news article I posted above, as usual the video only shows half of what went down before hand.

In regards to your last comment, officers of any type, police or bylaw need to exercise discretion too. What do they (city council) do, take the square footage of all l outdoor rinks/ponds and give a capacity of skaters allowed at one time? I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions on the bylaw side and enforcement side. By the sounds of witness accounts to the media, the officers gave this guy multiple chances and he made his choices. The video is more damning to his defense than the police's in my opinion.
I still don't believe the police handled this correctly at all. If there's an option to deter his behaviour monetarily, do that. Physical force like this and threats of tazer use, etc is extreme and bad police work. They're there to de-escalate. Without even knowing the whole story, they still didn't do their job.

But this ADULT, acted like a child. It's crazy what the hive mind does on this board. One person lies and says he's 17, and everyone goes with it. Seems real quiet now.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
they also told that little kid he can't skateboard in the skate park

what a world we live in
A restricted world due to Covid?
Overcrowded skate parks are safe during these days?
The cops were called in to the area because of over crowding.
We see similar situation in Castle downs skate park and skating area. It is overcrowded even during these restrictions.
12 year kid saying " we were asked to leave but we refused" says a lot about parenting and lack of respect for Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad