OT: Coronavirus XXVII: Two Vaccines Are 90%+ Effective, How Safe Are They?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
On October 31st Alberta had 6,110 active cases, 167 in hospital with 27 in ICU.

Today Alberta has 12,195 acitve cases, 319 in hospital, 60 of which are in ICU.

Where is the disconnect? It's essentially doubled across the board in 3 weeks. We've also seen nearly 30% of all COVID deaths in Alberta during this pandemic occur in the past 22 days.
We need the deniers to balance out the alarmists.

False positives? Really?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Not misrepresenting anything. Just the other day you were saying you want Federal control over everything because you believe and trust in Tam. You sitting here claiming that you haven’t been incredibly critical of Hinshaw every single day for months is hilarious. You’re using a huge lie to cover up more lies. It’s pathetic.
I hope Jt moves against AB government control of healthcare. Be another good reason to cut ties with Ottawa.

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I hope Jt moves against AB government control of healthcare. Be another good reason to cut ties with Ottawa.

I couldn’t imagine him being that stupid. I’d be willing to bet my last paper drink box water bottle thing that he wouldn’t.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The doctors would probably side with JT. Kenny would get the green light light to start his private health care and make money.

Win-win

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

False positives? Really?

I don’t think someone asking how many false positives there are makes them a denier...it’s a reasonable question IMO considering how many people have zero symptoms and how many have subsequent negative results after getting a positive. I guess the number of false positives would have also doubled like the other numbers Spawn posted however small it may be.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

False positives? Really?

For that matter, how many false negatives? I haven't heard anything about more reliable antibody testing either which is kind of disturbing as it would give us a much better idea of how many infections have hit the US and Canada.

Reactions: oilers'72 and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
“make money” please explain
Private health care.. faster better service for $$$
Oh we have this new machine that can do X but is not covered ...
Fear sells and there is a lot to be made when health is involved.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The doctors would probably side with JT. Kenny would get the green light light to start his private health care and make money.

Win-win
Doctor bureaucrats. It’s a nightmare of “I’ll tell you what is good for you”, and you’ll pay whatever I tell you it’s worth.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
On October 31st Alberta had 6,110 active cases, 167 in hospital with 27 in ICU.

Today Alberta has 12,195 acitve cases, 319 in hospital, 60 of which are in ICU.

Where is the disconnect? It's essentially doubled across the board in 3 weeks. We've also seen nearly 30% of all COVID deaths in Alberta during this pandemic occur in the past 22 days.

Its a bit of a distortion because the active cases don't tell the whole story of how many new cases there have been, and how many can resolve to either hospital, or ICU, or worse.

i mean we've had a ton of cases in November, we haven't seen the same degree of "severe outcomes" that most jurisdictions would be seeing with these kinds of numbers. Alberta has kept per deaths low compared to say Ontario and Quebec who have seen much heavier toll in that regard.

For clarity, all along I'm saying that Alberta has kept severe outcomes limited compared to other comparable jurisdictions. Whether that be Oct 31, or now..

Which is not to underplay the appreciable tragedy. The vast majority of the world is suffering that. Comparatively we're of course very lucky to live here ever, and now.

In anycase we knew in our prairie province that is not the 4th most populated in Canada that we would be seeing high numbers in fall, early winter.

I'm just trying to throw some perspective on.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Wearing a mask at a store because it's mandatory in edm and cgly does not mean they comply when they are not forced to (ie at gathering/parties in their homes etc). Expand likely meaning from the cohort they were allowed to have. This is a survey done where these people openly admit to what they're doing or not doing.

Nope, to quote the article verbatim:

"According to the results, 28 per cent of Albertans are disregarding safety precautions altogether".

No ambiguity here. In the poll being referenced in the article, there is a second category that encompasses those doing what you suppose, wearing masks in public but not necessarily taking precautions in private settings. This 28% category is plain as day being categorized as taking no precautions whatsoever.

Either the writer of this article simply made things up, or more likely, the poll was purposely conducted in a way that would suss out a predetermined desired result.

The final blow to any credibility this article has occurrs when they feel the need to state that Liberal and NDP voters are more likely to follow precautions than Conservative voters. How is that relevant at all? You may as well say that people whose favorite colour is purple are more likely to comply than those who prefer yellow. The article is really just another poorly disguised political commentary that tosses out unrepresentative statistics in an attempt to sound more official.

This is Exhibit A for why trust in mainstream media is at an all time low. I mean can you honestly with a straight face tell me you believe that 28% of Albertans are refusing to wear a mask at the grocery store? The Calgary Herald seemingly thinks so. Like I said, if this is truly the case, Edmonton and area is apparently some bizzaro world with 99% mask compliance while the rest of the province totally ignores the mandates.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
So this season looks like a write off. Cases are going squirrely. Best case is now Feb., at best. By the time immunization kicks in, its spring.

Reactions: nabob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Newer NHL games are garbage compared to back in the day.

They really are, and I'm not even kiddng, back in the day story, rod hockey to stiga table top games, jmo, are way more fun. heh, not what you meant, I know, but theres no game that has imo compared to the rod hockey games. Could play those for hours and lots of kids back then did.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They really are, and I'm not even kiddng, back in the day story, rod hockey to stiga table top games, jmo, are way more fun. heh, not what you meant, I know, but theres no game that has imo compared to the rod hockey games. Could play those for hours and lots of kids back then did.
One of my friends has a table top hockey game in his basement, before Covid when we’d have a get together I’m sure we’d spend half the night playing each other on it.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad