OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
How terrible it is to trust an elected government in a democracy.

How terrible it is to just believe what Hinshaw is actually stating, again, today, that the govt has reiterated.

I'm beyond contempt for trusting that provincial elected officials are actually running the province. . ;)

No, it's your prerogative to trust them. I guess there shouldn't be contempt for that. However at the same time there should also not be the same contempt for people who don't trust much of anything from the UCP as well and call them out. I didn't mind people criticizing Notley for calling out the UCP for poor Covid handling (though I believe she damn well should). Jut as long as the several of you that are calling out Notley aren't also slamming posters for criticizing Hinshaw and the UCP.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Kill them. Kill them all.

a223.gif

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
No, it's your prerogative to trust them. I guess there shouldn't be contempt for that. However at the same time there should also not be the same contempt for people who don't trust much of anything from the UCP as well and call them out. I didn't mind people criticizing Notley for calling out the UCP for poor Covid handling (though I believe she damn well should). Jut as long as the several of you that are calling out Notley aren't also slamming posters for criticizing Hinshaw and the UCP.

I thought this was about trusting a CBC journalist's integrity in context vs trusting a Dr.'s Hippocratic oath. No?

Reactions: nabob

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didn't think it was needed, or what you said implied you saw a single event and hate all old people now.

I feel like people read to quick and miss half the words.

Yep, very true.

Ask me a silly question, you will get a silly answer.

I also now feel really bad for all the guys named Jack who frequent this forum.

Reactions: nabob

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I seriously do not see that implication in his wording whatsoever. First sentence doesn't say who leaked it, just that it's a serious offense. The second sentence, suggests the outcome of the leaks could lead to loss of trust regardless of who leaked it, Kenney could believe that she leaked or that member of her staff leaked it, either way impacting trust.

Hopefully Yukon can confirm his intent.

I think you understood it, and @Drivesaitl misunderstood it. I think he and I are largely in agreement, even if he doesn't know it.

FWIW I did initially think Hinshaw may have been the one who was the source to CBC. Her response at the news briefing today makes me think that is less likely, because it has probably made her job much more difficult.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Wondering what people think of, according to someone close to Hinshaw, that Hinshaw referred to her relationship with the provincial cabinet as "an uphill battle". A reporter posed that to her today and she did not deny it. We all heard her answer which was definitely the "politically correct " one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad