OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
it was specifically stated that the release will result in the lack of trust of HINSHAW. Of course it would lead to a lack of trust, but why specifically to Hinshaw. That is a complete disconnect to infer that. Shandro is dispelling all of that btw, completely, as we speak, stating specifically that she is highly respected by the govt and considered the best health CEO in Canada. He just said that flat out.

People are making inferences that are running completely counter to what the actual govt in question are stating. Which is a bit disturbing.

Would also like to see clarification. This is a serious issue. I take comments about it to heart.
Think of it this way. It comes out that your kid thinks you are an absolute piece of shit. Your kid says no dad, I don't it was taken out of context I don't think you are actually a piece of shit. I said those words but it was out of context. You're telling me you wouldn't have a loss of trust in your kid, even a little?

It's disturbing that people don't take what elected officials that they don't have a ton of trust in based on the past year are saying at face value? Really?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
it was specifically stated that the release will result in the lack of trust of HINSHAW. Of course it would lead to a lack of trust, but why specifically to Hinshaw. That is a complete disconnect to infer that. Shandro is dispelling all of that btw, completely, as we speak, stating specifically that she is highly respected by the govt and considered the best health CEO in Canada. He just said that flat out.

People are making inferences that are running completely counter to what the actual govt in question are stating. Which is a bit disturbing.

Would also like to see clarification. This is a serious issue. I take comments about it to heart.
Everytime I see your avatar I think Drai has a joint in his mouth. So I finally decided to click on it to find it's actually a few feathers.

I can't properly convey my disappointment now, nor can I tell you why I decided to post this now, in this specific thread of all places.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Well of course. You trust what Shandro and Kenney say.... a lot of people do not. To each their own.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Think of it this way. It comes out that your kid thinks you are an absolute piece of shit. Your kid says no dad, I don't it was taken out of context I don't think you are actually a piece of shit. I said those words but it was out of context. You're telling me you wouldn't have a loss of trust in your kid, even a little?

It's disturbing that people don't take what elected officials that they don't have a ton of trust in based on the past year are saying at face value? Really?

Reactions: rboomercat90

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everytime I see your avatar I think Drai has a joint in his mouth. So I finally decided to click on it to find it's actually a few feathers.

I can't properly convey my disappointment now, not can I tell you why I decided to post this now, in this specific thread of all places.

Eating Duck feathers is a reference to how he was monster against the Anaheim Ducks in that playoff series. He played incredibly well in that series, was the best player in the series by a mile. It was natual for me to choose the avatar. sorry about your disappointment heh;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

??

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well of course. You trust what Shandro and Kenney say.... a lot of people do not. To each their own.

I can now see why we have so much misrepresentation of posts on here.

a poster says something, you don’t trust or like that poster, so you claim they’re actually saying something totally different.

by “you” I mean a poster, not necessarily you personally.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I've always found someone saying something is taken out of context is the perfect way to seem like something isn't bad or isn't how it seems without having to lie in anyway.

If they reported someone said "I hate Jack". And the response was, it was taken out of context" when the full context was "I hate Jack, he is a piece of shit". It's not a lie, but just saying it was taken out of context to people, makes them think "oh it's really not as bad as it seems", when it could be worse or just the same even in context

I hate Jack when he sticks his finger up his nose. But other than that, Jack's a great person.

Reactions: bone and nabob

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I can now see why we have so much misrepresentation of posts on here.

a poster says something, you don’t trust or like that poster, so you claim they’re actually saying something totally different.

by “you” I mean a poster, not necessarily you personally.

There's a lot of that going around for sure.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Eating Duck feathers is a reference to how he was monster against the Anaheim Ducks in that playoff series. He played incredibly well in that series, was the best player in the series by a mile. It was natual for me to choose the avatar. sorry about your disappointment heh;)
I can dig it.

Though I'm still in favor of a doobie hanging out :DD

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
What really grinds my gears is how the mantra is to protect senior citizens, but they don't want to seem to help themselves.

Case in point, I popped into a McDs this morning to grab a coffee for work and there's the "coffee row" senior citizens, about 6 of them all at a table, clearly violating the order of not being allowed to sit in an establishment unless its with members of your own family. Don't bother with the "Well they could be all living under one roof and maybe they're brothers." replies because all that's doing is defending them. Stuff like that annoys me.

/rant

So because you saw 6 seniors acting like idiots you are going to extrapolate that behavior onto all seniors?

Sweet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Those are the overall deaths yes. No one is saying that those provinces did a great job in the beginning, at the start they were doing horrible. Now they are doing much better.

Let's look at deaths for the past 7 reported days
Ontario has had a total of 82 deaths for an average of 11.7 deaths per day
Quebec had 152 for an average of 21.7
Alberta has had 49 deaths for an average of 7 deaths per day.

Now lets look at that evening out to say the population of Ontario
Ontario at 82
Quebec at 262
Alberta at 163

So you are half correct. Quebec is having a ton of deaths right now. Ontario is having few in comparison and Alberta is having a ton, based on population numbers.

Quebec has been getting a better handle on their overall case numbers in the last week or so so that should reflect in the overall deaths. As should Alberta's high new daily case counts.

TLDR: Quebec isnt doing as great as some thought but Ontario absolutely is right now.
I'm talking overall, not the snapshot of the last couple weeks.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I’m not up to speed with what the contents of the leaks were, what happened?

There could only have been so many people in that room. Time to investigate everyone who could have been the source of the leak is the government view I would imagine.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

How terrible it is to trust an elected government in a democracy.

How terrible it is to just believe what Hinshaw is actually stating, again, today, that the govt has reiterated.

I'm beyond contempt for trusting that provincial elected officials are actually running the province. . ;)

Reactions: oilers'72 and Raab

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How terrible it is to trust an elected government in a democracy.

How terrible it is to just believe what Hinshaw is actually stating, again, today, that the govt has reiterated.

I'm beyond contempt for trusting that provincial elected officials are actually running the province. . ;)
You aren't beyond contempt for trusting that the federally elected officials are actually running country...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad