OT: Coronavirus XVI: Hey Covid-19, Piss Off Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The news story is from today. You haven't looked at the time stamp on the article, which is fine, but don't pretend that you did.

So because one article is today the concept outlined, that analyzing sewage is a proven indices for Covid-19 is somehow new in your mind.

Sorry, but you are being ridiculous. I don't even fathom what you are arguing. The poster cited the concept of sewage anaylsis as a determining figure of infections, complete with a recent article. The article could have been a month ago.

Your just trying to say the sewage analysis is new, when its not. The particular article is new, not the area of specific study.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Most fast food is generally garbage and stuff people shouldn't even ingest. But theres fast food chains like Carls and Popeyes Chicken that are beyond the pale in calories, additives and garbage ingested. You feel sick eating such crap because your body is telling you its crap. I've never been inclined to just eat whatever tastes good without awareness of what else is in there. Most of the fastfood menu options and recipes are simply bad for anybody. I can never understand really why people pay ample money for the crap just to eat stuff that literally makes you ill.

Increasingly restos serve the same high caloric, high sodium, high fat garbage.

This is not off topic either as a whole proportion of people right now are eating nothing but fastfood and whatever skip the dishes throws at the door. We have multiple families in the neighborhood that don't cook their own food, at all now, and don't go shopping. They have multiple per day drop offs of food. Not only is that intake so harmful these people are increasingly not doing anything. Sitting there with the remote controls eating day after day of fried chicken pizza. This kind of reliance on fast food garbage, loaded with additives and processing, will lead to worse rates of all pre-existing conditions. Its interesting that even during a pandemic, where people ought to think more about their health and mortality that so many are falling by the wayside breaking their weight scales.

Where can one find fried chicken pizza? And if it doesn't exist, you've helped me figure out my next business venture...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
then where do you eat?

95% at home, or eating food made at home, and taken along for lunch etc. I'm celiac, have to be careful what I eat and what goes in it. That said my predisposition to eat only healthy food was longstanding before the celiac diagnosis. As an Olympic Canadian skier that I knew once said to me, as a teen "I can never understand why people willingly put poisons in their body, its like adding salt to your gas tank daily. Why do that". This was in college and I soaked up the guys wisdom. He talked extensively then about how physical fitness and health is all encompassing. Just got my attention at an early age and I never really turned back.

If I have to eat out it would be at places like Tokyo Express which is a bit better. Edo in a pinch. Certain Chinese Restos like Pearl River that are meticulous in ensuring gluten free. Bulgogi house another option. BP has a decent gluten free pizza but I don't go there much. Once a year type guilty pleasure.

Reactions: Whyme

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Where can one find fried chicken pizza? And if it doesn't exist, you've helped me figure out my next business venture...

Its my brand of sarcasm in the details. Glad you approve. ;) It should read Fried chicken and deep fried pizza with bacon grease thrown on top. Somebody would eat that.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Its my brand of sarcasm in the details. Glad you approve. ;) It should read Fried chicken and deep fried pizza with bacon grease thrown on top. Somebody would eat that.

My next question is ... is the pizza made of fried chicken? Or is the fried chicken a topping?

Or both? Fried chicken on a fried chicken pizza. Set includes a free side of angioplasty. ... and a diet coke.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My next question is ... is the pizza made of fried chicken? Or is the fried chicken a topping?

Or both? Fried chicken on a fried chicken pizza. Set includes a free side of angioplasty. ... and a diet coke.

The fried chicken is enveloped with gooey deep fried pizza goodness, and triple dipped in liquified bacon grease.

Think calzone I guess, don't hold the grease.

No need to reimburse me for the ideas. happy to be helpful;)

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Lol this is too funny, Called it 3 months ago. This bullshit with Covid will never be over until there's a vaccine.

Open it up theres no point on pretending anything we will do will stop it.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Lol this is too funny, Called it 3 months ago. This bullshit with Covid will never be over until there's a vaccine.

Where I live, people locked down for a month and international flights were stopped. Now, we're in phase 5, almost everything is open, there have been no cases of local transmission for over a month, and I spent all day at the beach.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018

There is a reason the Canadian government ordered enough syringes for 37M Canadians.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Lockdown and other measures have made a difference.

This is the evolution of the virus from Feb to June, using a 7-day average.
https://jeodpp.jrc.ec.europa.eu/services/shared/Videos/cvEuropeRegions7daysNewCases.mp4

Two countries kind of stand out, Belarussia (which never bothered about covid19) and Sweden, which have resisted lock-down and many other measures, such as masks.

Sorry, not able to embed video so I can only provide the link.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What exactly does this mean? No where in the article does it have any quotes from Matthews.

Wild man Matthews don't play by any rules if he's already thinks he has immunity. The NHL bubbles are gonna be low V-neck shirt and super short short partyville with everyone invited (mustache required for dudes)! Anyone that complains gets mooned into oblivion.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wild man Matthews don't play by any rules if he's already thinks he has immunity. The NHL bubbles are gonna be low V-neck shirt and super short short partyville with everyone invited! Anyone that complains gets mooned into oblivion.
Where is this coming from? Don't see anywhere that says he thinks he's immune to Covid.

And if you're eluding to him just getting the virus because he was wreckless that isn't exactly fair either. Getting Covid doesn't necessarily mean you are out breaking all the rules.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Where is this coming from? Don't see anywhere that says he thinks he's immune to Covid.

And if you're eluding to him just getting the virus because he was wreckless that isn't exactly fair either. Getting Covid doesn't necessarily mean you are out breaking all the rules.

If he already got it, he would be going into the NHL bubbles feeling he is immune. Not an unreasonable assumption to make for anyone that had COVID-19 already.

Who knows how he got it, but that Matthews is a wild one! I know I wouldn't want him in my bubble :) Eastern teams beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad