Coronavirus XV: Keep Up the Good Work (no off-topic discussions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Not meaning this as a pile in but the first thing they used to teach in any martial art I have been exposed to is self control and the importance of NEVER using it unless to save your life or somebody else.

So that the foremost thing was to teach self control prior to teaching ANY martial arts lessons. Is this not still the case?

Adults shouldn't fight, for any reason really. Some people are jerks, so what, they get their life and karma according to that. No reason to punish it. I don't get physically involved unless its to defend somebody from harm. That's the golden rule.
Absolutely they do. I completely agree 100 percent. I have never been in a fight in my life that I started. I have always said “I’m experienced in martial arts” as a warning. Usually the jerk laughs and proceeds to fight me anyway.

I just meant I used to be fearless, if someone wanted to fight me I didn’t mind stepping up. Now the thought of a fight gives me anxiety. I would likely do anything I could to avoid it now lol.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not meaning this as a pile in but the first thing they used to teach in any martial art I have been exposed to is self control and the importance of NEVER using it unless to save your life or somebody else.

So that the foremost thing was to teach self control prior to teaching ANY martial arts lessons. Is this not still the case?

Adults shouldn't fight, for any reason really. Some people are jerks, so what, they get their life and karma according to that. No reason to punish it. I don't get physically involved unless its to defend somebody from harm. That's the golden rule.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Absolutely they do. I completely agree 100 percent. I have never been in a fight in my life that I started. I have always said “I’m experienced in martial arts” as a warning. Usually the jerk laughs and proceeds to fight me anyway.

I just meant I used to be fearless, if someone wanted to fight me I didn’t mind stepping up. Now the thought of a fight gives me anxiety. I would likely do anything I could to avoid it now lol.

its for some of the reasons you describe, this fight fight passage in time that I always avoided bars, clubs, restos, any place where alcohol was consumed and 20yr olds congregated.

Really its always been like that. As far back as the 50's if you wanted to avoid trouble you avoided 20somethings. Sounds like ageism to state that, and I acknowledge that every group has their exceptions but I could never understand concepts like Spring break. Going to some wantom wanker fest with drooling guys and gals and enough booze and drugs to stone them to any behavior. Really you couldn't pay me to go at the time, or any other time. Theres a whole idiot culture that comes from adolescence on and that doesn't leave till (used to be 21, now it seems more like 30) most of which is best avoided. Lots of brain cells lost in various ways in that age frame. With apologies to those that see beyond the trope tripe of what they should be like, and that advertisers try to sell they should be like..

Reactions: tardigrade81

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
37 new cases today. Hospital numbers back down; there must have been a few discharges.

Edmonton at 155 active cases.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What's up with Florida's deaths number? 47 again. It's like the universe range bounds how many people can die in Florida in a day from COVID-19. There was a run of 7 days where 5 of the days had exactly 47 people die. It's a magic number.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The mask debate... If we made mask usage mandatory back in early march, could we have avoided the lockdown altogether..
Back then they said if you weren't wearing an N95 mask, any other masks were useless..

Maybe not avoided it but possibly shortened it I would think.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
17 cases in Oahu today. The rest of the state is doing well but inter state travel will be opening up on Tuesday I believe. IMO the state should postpone it for a few weeks as things cold get ugly fast. Better to keep it contained to one island than let it go ape shit state wide.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
What's up with Florida's deaths number? 47 again. It's like the universe range bounds how many people can die in Florida in a day from COVID-19. There was a run of 7 days where 5 of the days had exactly 47 people die. It's a magic number.

I read online today that if your visiting Florida or a snowbird and die of covid while your there, they don't count your death there because you weren't a permanent Florida resident. Also, the state is manipulating their numbers to make it not look as bad as it really is. From 2015-2018 in the Feb-May time period, they had around 900 Pneumonia deaths each year. This year, they have that number at over 4200. They also fired the coronavirus data scientist as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: oobga

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
its for some of the reasons you describe, this fight fight passage in time that I always avoided bars, clubs, restos, any place where alcohol was consumed and 20yr olds congregated.

Really its always been like that. As far back as the 50's if you wanted to avoid trouble you avoided 20somethings. Sounds like ageism to state that, and I acknowledge that every group has their exceptions but I could never understand concepts like Spring break. Going to some wantom wanker fest with drooling guys and gals and enough booze and drugs to stone them to any behavior. Really you couldn't pay me to go at the time, or any other time. Theres a whole idiot culture that comes from adolescence on and that doesn't leave till (used to be 21, now it seems more like 30) most of which is best avoided. Lots of brain cells lost in various ways in that age frame. With apologies to those that see beyond the trope tripe of what they should be like, and that advertisers try to sell they should be like..

No it totally makes sense just like how it seems most racists people are older in their 50’s and 60’s. Almost every time I see a racist tirade video it’s an elderly man or woman. I don’t know what it is with older people but they just seem to be very racially prejudice and not afraid to make it known. I know that sounds ageist but it just seems to be the case.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I read online today that if your visiting Florida or a snowbird and die of covid while your there, they don't count your death there because you weren't a permanent Florida resident. Also, the state is manipulating their numbers to make it not look as bad as it really is. From 2015-2018 in the Feb-May time period, they had around 900 Pneumonia deaths each year. This year, they have that number at over 4200. They also fired the coronavirus data scientist as well.

She started up her own COVID website. Florida COVID-19 Community Action

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Yeah, saw the pneumonia death stats piling up with no valid explanation for why it's way beyond normal. Seems pretty obviously intentional at this point.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Completely agreed. I couldn’t have said it better myself. In Regina where I live we have Craven country thunder. I used to go a couple times because I actually like country..... but too many idiots ruined the entire thing. Always people getting way too drunk and causing fights. And as you said, it’s the young crowd. People anywhere from 19 to mid twenties. They think they are super cool and usually trying to impress women. I completely stopped going, as it was ruined nearly every single time.

I was never a big fan of the bar and didn’t go much outside of when I first turned bar age 14 years ago. Our bar strip is Regina is nasty in my opinion. I never enjoyed it. If I am going out for a drink it’s more to a pub rather than stand at a club. Never saw the point to it

We also get a bad rep for Saskatchewan rider games. But the thing I have noticed, it’s usually the young morons in the Pilsner Gardens or whatever it’s called causing a ton of trouble yes there might be the odd idiot elsewhere (always one or two in every fan base) but I remember last year I went to one rider game and went to the cheap Pilsner seats. It was terrible.... a girl almost threw up on my spouse. A guy wanted to fight me for absolutely no reason, and a bunch of guys were kicked out. We actually left by 4th quarter. We were playing Montreal that game and I think we lost. We didn’t miss much.

regardless, I agree completely. Most of the fighting is done with the young crowd, and UFC wannabes. I avoid it at all cost. Don’t see the point in risking a broken jaw or nose over something as stupid as a guy yelling names at me.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No it totally makes sense just like how it seems most racists people are older in their 50’s and 60’s. Almost every time I see a racist tirade video it’s an elderly man or woman. I don’t know what it is with older people but they just seem to be very racially prejudice and not afraid to make it known. I know that sounds ageist but it just seems to be the case.

What on Earth is your post about and what does it have to do with the post I wrote?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Completely agreed. I couldn’t have said it better myself. In Regina where I live we have Craven country thunder. I used to go a couple times because I actually like country..... but too many idiots ruined the entire thing. Always people getting way too drunk and causing fights. And as you said, it’s the young crowd. People anywhere from 19 to mid twenties. They think they are super cool and usually trying to impress women. I completely stopped going, as it was ruined nearly every single time.

I was never a big fan of the bar and didn’t go much outside of when I first turned bar age 14 years ago. Our bar strip is Regina is nasty in my opinion. I never enjoyed it. If I am going out for a drink it’s more to a pub rather than stand at a club. Never saw the point to it

We also get a bad rep for Saskatchewan rider games. But the thing I have noticed, it’s usually the young morons in the Pilsner Gardens or whatever it’s called causing a ton of trouble yes there might be the odd idiot elsewhere (always one or two in every fan base) but I remember last year I went to one rider game and went to the cheap Pilsner seats. It was terrible.... a girl almost threw up on my spouse. A guy wanted to fight me for absolutely no reason, and a bunch of guys were kicked out. We actually left by 4th quarter. We were playing Montreal that game and I think we lost. We didn’t miss much.

regardless, I agree completely. Most of the fighting is done with the young crowd, and UFC wannabes. I avoid it at all cost. Don’t see the point in risking a broken jaw or nose over something as stupid as a guy yelling names at me.

Biologically ethnologists have compared it to a form of human rutting and mating ritual. Many organisms, including humans apparently, fight to curry favor for mating purposes. An imperative that is subconscious on the part of males and females who have hardwired evolutionary traits and instincts. Throw young men and women and booze and drugs together and look out for the stags, and well, the does who orchestrate some of it.

never particularly had any interest in picking up barflies in any case. I was a UofA graduate, had better supply...;)

Yeah, for football I don't even sit in the drinking sections at Commonwealth. Years ago a cop was even beaten with a metal bar by some drunken fools. its beyond the pale in some sections. Riders fans do have that kind of rep too. Good of you to acknowledge it.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, saw the pneumonia death stats piling up with no valid explanation for why it's way beyond normal. Seems pretty obviously intentional at this point.

China all over again. "Oh, these here are just thousands of sudden pneumonia deaths, anybody looking?"

I have a feeling that even in this jurisdiction or country there could be number fudging as certain stripes all already saying "look no cases due to the protests" even though its way early to be stating that.

hey, Covid-19 doesn't hit people that are gathering in righteous earnest protest.

Funny thing though is the MSM had tonnes of videos mocking Brady Sluder and friends when they were partying it up and not gonna stop because of Coronavirus. Several people at the protests saying exactly the same thing. none of them being ridiculed or called out, of course..

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I really believe that the older people get the less they give a damn what others think about them. There are racists of every age. Personally Ive always called it like I see it, so as I get older thats nothing new on my part. Some people wait until they are older (if ever)to make their voice heard.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
hey, Covid-19 doesn't hit people that are gathering in righteous earnest protest.

Hinshaw went out of her way to say that the last wave of infections wasn't related to the protests due to incubation and turnaround times. Using the logic she presented the two weeks beginning June 22nd should be when any increase in infections will be as a result of the 15,000 people protesting in close quarters on June 5th.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I really believe that the older people get the less they give a damn what others think about them. There are racists of every age. Personally Ive always called it like I see it, so as I get older thats nothing new on my part. Some people wait until they are older (if ever)to make their voice heard.
Older people are CAST as racist more often as the definition and condition of what racist currently is being made up by young people, media, and syncophants. To the degree that if you say China Virus you racist..if you like hockey instead of Basketball you racist. If all your friends are Caucasian you racist..by tripping on a hockey board instead of some hiphop board we be racist. I mean I don't have to stretch much in this joking. Its DESIGNED to remove the voices of our older generations. So that we have no credibility, no clout, and attempts to prevent us from even getting into the convo.

[mod]

Don't even get me started on microaggressions. The term is what it is, its looking hard for the slightest signs that something could be something could be wrong.. Unfortunately if you cast a spotlight on everything you're going to see cracks, flaws, problems.

If you don't want the highschool yearbook to be full of pockmarks and pimples reduce the damn flash. (random comment) shining the bightest spotlight at everything just furthers irritation, unrest, and a sense of more division. When we should keep building harmony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Absolute truth. I remember a place called the Piano Bar on Calgary Trail that we used to go on some weekends. At the beginning, very classy place, a good mix but mostly older folks (30-60), and people dressed to the nines. Christmas time had people showing up after their holiday and office parties, and the place had a great vibe. Then , we hadn't been for a while and finally came back after about 4 months. We were shocked. Greeted by a large bouncer at the door, and then noticed several more of them throughout. The crowd was mostly 20 year olds or near that age. I remember standing by the bar waiting to get a drink for us, and some punk did something dumb and flung his arm around, hitting me and nearly knocking my drink out. Never even turned to look at me and apologize, just went back to his dumb chatter with his group. We swore it would be the last time we went there. And right on cue, about 2 weeks later, there was a stabbing in the parking lot, and 6 months later, it shut down. Not putting all young kids down, but it seems when the demographics of a place change, the place changes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Absolute truth. I remember a place called the Piano Bar on Calgary Trail that we used to go on some weekends. At the beginning, very classy place, a good mix but mostly older folks (30-60), and people dressed to the nines. Christmas time had people showing up after their holiday and office parties, and the place had a great vibe. Then , we hadn't been for a while and finally came back after about 4 months. We were shocked. Greeted by a large bouncer at the door, and then noticed several more of them throughout. The crowd was mostly 20 year olds or near that age. I remember standing by the bar waiting to get a drink for us, and some punk did something dumb and flung his arm around, hitting me and nearly knocking my drink out. Never even turned to look at me and apologize, just went back to his dumb chatter with his group. We swore it would be the last time we went there. And right on cue, about 2 weeks later, there was a stabbing in the parking lot, and 6 months later, it shut down. Not putting all young kids down, but it seems when the demographics of a place change, the place changes.

There was a place on 34AVE 92st, forget the name of it. Used to be some half ass decent bands play there and not a terrible place. Couple years ago and its "What the f*** you looking at, menacing looks, and men and women wandering around looking to pick a fight. Within 10 mins I had a few offers...Like every loser in Millwoods was now living there. We took our drinks with us and got out. Same story, there was a couple murders there and in the parking lot within the year. When places go bad.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Don't people go to Florida to die anyway? I mean not before their time, but it is a huge retirement community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad