Coronavirus XV: Keep Up the Good Work (no off-topic discussions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I really believe that the older people get the less they give a damn what others think about them. There are racists of every age. Personally Ive always called it like I see it, so as I get older thats nothing new on my part. Some people wait until they are older (if ever)to make their voice heard.
Never had an issue with race of any kind. Just stupidity and lack of self reliance.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Never had an issue with race of any kind. Just stupidity and lack of self reliance.

Same here. I have a problem with people that are assholes (they come in all heights, weights, colors, ages, ethnicities, economic classes, sexes, religious beliefs, etc.). I also dont much care for lazy assholes that find it easier to knock up woman after woman to live off the government tit than work. Even most people with mental issues can clean parks and ditches of garbage, clean toilets, sinks, mow lawns, etc. Seeing young able bodied panhandlers straight up pisses me off. The rest of us that have physical jobs kill our bodies while these popcorn farts are standing and pacing around in the sun for hours (while the rest of us will have bum feet, ankles, knees, backs, etc. from working our asses off) to collect money. Offer them a job and theres almost always an excuse. Lazy f***ers.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Older people are CAST as racist more often as the definition and condition of what racist currently is being made up by young people, media, and syncophants. To the degree that if you say China Virus you racist..if you like hockey instead of Basketball you racist. If all your friends are Caucasian you racist..by tripping on a hockey board instead of some hiphop board we be racist. I mean I don't have to stretch much in this joking. Its DESIGNED to remove the voices of our older generations. So that we have no credibility, no clout, and attempts to prevent us from even getting into the convo.

[mod]

Don't even get me started on microaggressions. The term is what it is, its looking hard for the slightest signs that something could be something could be wrong.. Unfortunately if you cast a spotlight on everything you're going to see cracks, flaws, problems.

If you don't want the highschool yearbook to be full of pockmarks and pimples reduce the damn flash. (random comment) shining the bightest spotlight at everything just furthers irritation, unrest, and a sense of more division. When we should keep building harmony.

The word racist is being tossed around way too much lately. If you treat someone like crap, look at them as inferior, wont hire or rent to them because of their looks instead of their character that is 100% racist. If you look at someone and decide that they are a threat because of the color of their skin while they arent doing anything wrong, that is racist. If you say that rap or metal sucks that isnt racist that is a choice. I personally cant stand disco, its a choice, life goes on. If you say f*** the CCP because of their withholding info on COVID that is not racist. If you say the same about Chinese people that is racist. There are good and bad people everywhere and as Ive said before people are lucky enough to share different types of food and have some beautiful women that they wouldnt have been able to get to know even a 100 years ago. Variety is good :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The word racist is being tossed around way too much lately. If you treat someone like crap, look at them as inferior, wont hire or rent to them because of their looks instead of their character that is 100% racist. If you look at someone and decide that they are a threat because of the color of their skin while they arent doing anything wrong, that is racist. If you say that rap or metal sucks that isnt racist that is a choice. I personally cant stand disco, its a choice, life goes on. If you say f*** the CCP because of their withholding info on COVID that is not racist. If you say the same about Chinese people that is racist. There are good and bad people everywhere and as Ive said before people are lucky enough to share different types of food and have some beautiful women that they wouldnt have been able to get to know even a 100 years ago. Variety is good :)

For centuries sailors were one of the only ones that got to experience this, umm, diversity. Which you know from history living in Hawaii. heh Rum, women and song. Till they ran you off the island or Captain Cook said we're leaving, pack up, don't mutiny...

jebus how many sailors back then just deserted. Instead of going back to grimy plague infested Europe of the time? why?

I remember reading one crew that was so close to mutiny for so long until then they got to Polynesia, or to Hawaiian islands and suddenly everything is good. till they had to leave.. .

lets just say the Polynesian stays were regularly extended well beyond what was expected to do biological research of the *flora and fauna* lets just say

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For centuries sailors were one of the only ones that got to experience this, umm, diversity. Which you know from history living in Hawaii. heh Rum, women and song. Till they ran you off the island or Captain Cook said we're leaving, pack up, don't mutiny...

jebus how many sailors back then just deserted. Instead of going back to grimy plague infested Europe of the time? why?

I remember reading one crew that was so close to mutiny for so long until then they got to Polynesia, or to Hawaiian islands and suddenly everything is good. till they had to leave.. .

lets just say the Polynesian stays were regularly extended well beyond what was expected to do biological research of the *flora and fauna* lets just say

Were very lucky in Hawaii. Polynesian, Asian, Caucasian, Latino and African women :) In the last 20-25 years or so we have had a big rise in the Mexican and South American population, lots of latinas added to an already attractive population.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Same here. I have a problem with people that are assholes (they come in all heights, weights, colors, ages, ethnicities, economic classes, sexes, religious beliefs, etc.). I also dont much care for lazy assholes that find it easier to knock up woman after woman to live off the government tit than work. Even most people with mental issues can clean parks and ditches of garbage, clean toilets, sinks, mow lawns, etc. Seeing young able bodied panhandlers straight up pisses me off. The rest of us that have physical jobs kill our bodies while these popcorn farts are standing and pacing around in the sun for hours (while the rest of us will have bum feet, ankles, knees, backs, etc. from working our asses off) to collect money. Offer them a job and theres almost always an excuse. Lazy f***ers.

The vast majority of homeless people do not want to be homeless. Many of the young able bodied people you see on the street are struggling with addiction or had completely f***ed up childhoods and no support system. It's not as simple as getting a job, an apartment, and bam they're better. Very few people end up homeless and destitute on account of their laziness.

Edit: I assumed when you were speaking about panhandlers you were referring to the homeless. I could've been wrong there.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I really believe that the older people get the less they give a damn what others think about them. There are racists of every age. Personally Ive always called it like I see it, so as I get older thats nothing new on my part. Some people wait until they are older (if ever)to make their voice heard.
There’s also the issue that when you are younger, you are busy making a life and taking care of kids and the like. So it comes down to available hours.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
One of the doctors in the Royal Alex just made a post about a young covid19 patient just admitted to icu. Darren Markland. Btw the rest of the monologue, if you google Darren, is just political whining from rent seekers. So don’t think I endorse that part.

Last edited:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
(Mod)

I don't really think there is anything to report here. It's absolutely on topic for the thread.

The story on the left has thousands of attendees and the story doesn't mention health concerns at all. The story on the right is about a planned rally that will likely have thousands of attendees. The health concerns are the main part of the story.

Why is NBC reporting these events so differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oilers'72

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Apparently anything directed towards someone who is a minority is considered racist now days.

Maybe I just dont f***ing like that loser, has nothing to do with his skin color.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
At least half the people in the Winterburn Costco this morning had masks. It helped that someone was handing out to people at the front door for free.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't exactly blame them as there has already been talks about players wanting leagues to be liable for years

It's kind of what I wanted to see with concussions in sport. You are playing a sport knowing that there are risks, if you don't want to play that's fine. But if you do, don't come back in ten years and try get money out of us.

Can't remember who it was on 1260 last week, but their concern was the Junior ranks. Where it's kids that really need their parents to sit down with them and figure out if it's worth the risk to comeback or wait until Covid-19 is a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad