Coronavirus XV: Keep Up the Good Work (no off-topic discussions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Samsung and Apple included a covid notification option in their latest updates.

If you have a Android device you can find it under Google Settings ---> COVID-19 exposure notifications.

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Samsung and Apple included a covid notification option in their latest updates.

If you have a Android device you can find it under Google Settings ---> COVID-19 exposure notifications.

I always leave my cell at home so it's a no go for me. Good option if people choose to use it though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Alternate prequel to Planet of the Apes..

Better hope Dr. Zaius doesn't get a hold of this barrel of monkeys.

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

All joking (hopefully :) ) aside one of my concerns through this is the virus hitting wildlife and farm animals hard and then possibly coming back to humans mutated and even deadlier.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Antibody Tests Point To Lower Death Rate For The Coronavirus Than First Thought

This is obviously positive news compared to what was feared early on with the virus, however I remember hearing or reading that many of the antibody tests were faulty and that there were only a handful of CDC approved tests that were highly accurate. Faulty tests do such a disservice to data collection.

As the (media hyped) threat of SARS Cov 2 dies down, the media will find something else to focus their methods to sell panic, and fear. Sadly, the next story looks like race based violence, and hatred.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Its still mandatory to wear masks here, the spread has been very slow here. Im wearing a mask as long as there are situations where distancing isnt likely. WHO fool me once.....
It’s common sense (to me anyway) to wear a mask, especially indoors. Sadly, I’m not seeing many people using their common sense here. By my experience the % of people wearing masks (indoors) when in stores is less than 10%. In the Pharmacy yesterday the staff weren’t wearing them. We, as customers, do have choices though. Just turn, and walk out.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Completely OT but that police officer was way out of line and should be tried for murder IMO.
Absolutely. Guy should be in jail for sure. Or, is there some Covid 19 scare keeping certain criminals out of jails, and under (some sort of) house arrest?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It’s common sense (to me anyway) to wear a mask, especially indoors. Sadly, I’m not seeing many people using their common sense here. By my experience the % of people wearing masks (indoors) when in stores is less than 10%. In the Pharmacy yesterday the staff weren’t wearing them. We, as customers, do have choices though. Just turn, and walk out.

The fear is that places like Western Canada and Hawaii which havent been hit badly as of this point may let their guards down and then all hell breaks loose. Hopefully if people continue practicing good hygiene habits it will keep the numbers down.

Absolutely. Guy should be in jail for sure. Or, is there some Covid 19 scare keeping certain criminals out of jails, and under (some sort of) house arrest?

Here in Hawaii we released a number of inmates to probably lessen the potential of COVID overwhelming our prisons. Well a good number of them are back in jail for being dumbasses. In this case the cop should be held in custody (havent heard if he is or isnt) because that was just disgusting and uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad