OT: Coronavirus - Start Prepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Let’s consider our news sources.

Also worth remembering that although we have National Healthcare, it’s a Provincial Government jurisdiction.

Yes there is a National Public Health Agency but something as simple as procuring PPE (personal protective equipment) falls to the Province.

In Alberta, it would be done through AHS (Alberta Health Services). BC would be PHSA (Provincial Health Services Authority).

In Ontario, it’s a dog’s breakfast of Shared Service Organizations like Plexxus, HMMS, Transform all receiving funding from LHINs that Ford’s government is turning into at least 24 different Ontario Health Teams.

If you want to point the finger at “government”... be clear where you are aiming.

I don't need to be clear when the failure is system wide. I am not playing pin the tail here at all. They need to get in touch with countries that are getting it under control and start being proactive. Fed and Provincial. If it comes to mass quarantine you know your gov is incompetent.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Pissed me off too on the toilet paper stock and prices. No toilet paper left on Sunday afternoon at Costco and Walmart. Had to buy some at Cdn tire for $28 and wasted 2 hours of my time.

People relax on stocking up on this. What kinda stupid is this. Buy what you need.

This morning the markets collapsed. It will be a very bad week. The shorters are taking people's $$$. Maybe I will short too this week.

We should all remember to spare a square

giphy.gif

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don't need to be clear when the failure is system wide. I am not playing ping the tail here.at all. They need to get in touch with countries that are getting it under control and start being proactive.

I was having PPE conversations with hospital buying groups months ago. Even in provinces without a confirmed case.

Always room for improvement but Canada’s prep as a function of SARS is well respected around the globe.

Reactions: Rogie

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I was having PPE conversations with hospital buying groups months ago. Even in provinces without a confirmed case.

Always room for improvement but Canada’s prep as a function of SARS is well respected around the globe.

The numbers will have the final say. If Canada needs mass quarantines the gov and agencies dropped the ball. At that point I would say as the saying goes, heads should roll.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't need to be clear when the failure is system wide. I am not playing pin the tail here at all. They need to get in touch with countries that are getting it under control and start being proactive. Fed and Provincial. If it comes to mass quarantine you know your gov is incompetent.

Not sure I follow ... countries getting it under control are those with mass quarantines.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure I follow ... countries getting it under control are those with mass quarantines.

Yes Quarantine but not mass quarantine. Singapore are doing investigative work and have the lowest numbers that I know of. It's all about the approach and how quick you are on it. I mean some countries think putting everyone on a cruise ship lockdown with shared air works. It doesn't. The correct response would be pulling them all off and isolating each family in a safe zone.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes Quarantine but not mass quarantine. Singapore are doing investigative work and have the lowest numbers that I know of. It's all about the approach and how quick you are on it. I mean some countries think putting everyone on a cruise ship lockdown with shared air works. It doesn't. The correct response would be pulling them all off and isolating each family in a safe zone.
It is over 30 degrees Celcius in Singapore everyday now. Virus dormant. No genius required there. Nothing in Caribbean either. I wonder why? Not much in Africa either. Wonder why?

Reactions: Rogie

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
It’s made even worse by the fact that so many don’t have healthcare if they do get the virus.

And taking a step back, since you may have to pay for your own test in the States...

Would you have to pay for a coronavirus test? It depends. - CNNPolitics

... how many undocumented cases will there be?
You think free healthcare that has given us some of the longest ER wait times in the developed world would help that? We have ER backlogs cause of papercuts and rashes. Never mind a pandemic :)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

You mean unlike Japan and the USofA have done?

At this point we have 4 in Alberta. Maybe that's why we still have TP in the stores?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You mean unlike Japan and the USofA have done?

At this point we have 4 in Alberta. Maybe that's why we still have TP in the stores?

Let's hope it stays that way and warms up quick. Sure there is no reason to panic unless you own stocks I suppose. Supply chain is still broken and the USA is in an economic war. Russia and SA are trying to crash the Petro dollar as we speak, look at the oil prices, Albert's is about to get slaughtered by this and US Shale.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It is over 30 degrees Celcius in Singapore everyday now. Virus dormant. No genius required there. Nothing in Caribbean either. I wonder why? Not much in Africa either. Wonder why?

What you are saying has been debunked and is not backed by science as of yet. They already made a statement that nothing suggests it's merely a common cold. It has HIV protein spikes on it. It's 99% positively man made. We literally do not know if it will effect attach and stay dormant in the host until later or much of everything. Not for certain.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What you are saying has been debunked and is not backed by science as of yet. They already made a statement that nothing suggests it's merely a common cold. It has HIV protein spikes on it. It's 99% positively man made. We literally do not know if it will effect attach and stay dormant in the host until later or much of everything. Not for certain.
Please do not confuse folks here. There is no known HIV strain in COVID19. I hope what you are saying is the COVID19 virus latches on to cells on your body in a similar way HIV reproduces in your body. COVID19 is very similar to SARS2 except it has a better ability to replicate in humans because of this spike protein as you say.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Please do not confuse folks here. There is no known HIV strain in COVID19. I hope what you are saying is the COVID19 virus latches on to cells on your body in a similar way HIV reproduces in your body. COVID19 is very similar to SARS2 except it has a better ability to replicate in humans because of this spike protein as you say.

Just watch the below video, Study out of India and verified by Cornell University. HIV DNA sequence, spike protein. Is what it is and other professionals are on record stating as much.

"We Found the Coronavirus Vulnerability: Learn How to Exploit It"

@25mins and on. Long story short, it's got part of HIV in it and is suspicious. It's being treated with HIV drugs in clinical trials.

Marco Ruggiero - Google Scholar Citations

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Too late.
AIRBORN AIDS! :scared:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The growing sentiment that COVID-19 is a man made pathogen is disturbing on so many levels. The question is whether it was released intentionally or by accident.

On a positive note, yesterday I read an article that Israeli scientists believe they are on the cusp of developing a vaccine within a few weeks.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Flu and the common cold are. And they kill more people than any corona virus every has.

Flu death rate in 2018/19 was 0.098 % in the United States
The Global Death rate for Coronavirus is currently around 3.4%

These people trying to pedal number of deaths, would be the same people who would say that World War 1 wasn't too bad, because it only killed three people by day 2.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
People don't seem to understand it's not the virus in itself that will kill people it's the hospitalization rates that are alarming. People will need treatment and we will not be ready for it for it happens.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You think free healthcare that has given us some of the longest ER wait times in the developed world would help that? We have ER backlogs cause of papercuts and rashes. Never mind a pandemic :)

Yes.

Imperfections in our system aside (or in the UK’s NHS) it is without question better to treat people than not.

It’s better to test more people than live with unknowns. It’s better to establish baselines to know if mitigation efforts, eventual vaccines or virus mutations have any impact.

Our systems allows for this.

The USA’s system does not.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Just watch the below video, Study out of India and verified by Cornell University. HIV DNA sequence, spike protein. Is what it is and other professionals are on record stating as much.

"We Found the Coronavirus Vulnerability: Learn How to Exploit It"

@25mins and on. Long story short, it's got part of HIV in it and is suspicious. It's being treated with HIV drugs in clinical trials.

Marco Ruggiero - Google Scholar Citations
This is all about how this particular coronavirus reproduces in a human. I thought you were talking about HIV. 2 different viruses. The only similarity is this protein receptacle. Which is how this virus reproduces. I am not a viral expert here but it is clear these viruses are trying to figure out how to reproduce inside us better.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I am curious if Tinder is still getting a lot of website traffic? The virus would spread fast with casual dating. Especially if one can date multiple people a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad