OT: Coronavirus - Start Prepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is all about how this particular coronavirus reproduces in a human. I thought you were talking about HIV. 2 different viruses. The only similarity is this protein receptacle. Which is how this virus reproduces. I am not a viral expert here but it is clear these viruses are trying to figure out how to reproduce inside us better.

No it's not HIV, it has a quality of HIV in it's delivery mechanism that is unique to HIV. That's the suspicious thing because the DNA research showed the same sequence proving pretty much it's an insert. So, Covid19 is a new beast and could be more dangerous than we think.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Yes.

Imperfections in our system aside (or in the UK’s NHS) it is without question better to treat people than not.

It’s better to test more people than live with unknowns. It’s better to establish baselines to know if mitigation efforts, eventual vaccines or virus mutations have any impact.

Our systems allows for this.

The USA’s system does not.
I agree with testing. But the article you linked is CNN maybe hilarity.

'it depends on what insurance they have, where they seek care and what tests the doctor orders'

Hahaha. Isn't the article on a specific test?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah it bounced the other way but it's still up. I didn't expect it to go up until mid-week. I think by the end of next week it will be fully recovered from the drama. As long as the trend is up.

You said stocks would be back up to 29k DOW by the end of this week. I said 20k or less. What are your thoughts and how are you you fairing? Remember you told HFBoards people to buy.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
You said stocks would be back up to 29k DOW by the end of this week. I said 20k or less. What are your thoughts and how are you you fairing? Remember you told HFBoards people to buy.

Calm down a bit son. Its volatility. It will recover. The day after I said to buy it had the largest increase in 12 years. Just relax on the day by day it means nothing. Youre incredibly reactive and your type is the reason for panic and stock market volatility.

Reactions: al secord

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Media makes a ton of money on this so they over report it. Its like their hatrrd of Trump. Number 1 goal is clicks. I have faith humanity isnt stupid and will realize this panic is unneccessary.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Source? Most I see is
Calm down a bit son. Its volatility. It will recover. The day after I said to buy it had the largest increase in 12 years. Just relax on the day by day it means nothing. Youre incredibly reactive and your type is the reason for panic and stock market volatility.

I never tell people not to overreact. It's bad for business.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Just holding you to the fire.

Oil is down as Russia and SA are putting pressure on US Shale and Canada Sands. We can't even operate at those prices, no profit.

Why an oil price war is wreaking havoc on stocks and global financial markets right now

Supply chain is still broken and factories are going to start stopping here as components are not getting here.

What basis do you have for telling people to buy? For the record I remain on DO NOT BUY THIS MARKET for anyone that is concerned.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Flu death rate in 2018/19 was 0.098 % in the United States
The Global Death rate for Coronavirus is currently around 3.4%

These people trying to pedal number of deaths, would be the same people who would say that World War 1 wasn't too bad, because it only killed three people by day 2.

"These people"? Jesus, it's just a discussion and I'm not "peddling" anything.

The mortality rate is much lower than the reported 3.4%. It's actually zero so far here in Canada. The rates are inflated because the countries worst hit so far didn't even know they had it at first so there's no way to measure people that were asymptotic and people that just assumed they had the flu or a cold. The stated rate is based on *confirmed* cases.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
"These people"? Jesus, it's just a discussion and I'm not "peddling" anything.

The mortality rate is much lower than the reported 3.4%. It's actually zero so far here in Canada. The rates are inflated because the countries worst hit so far didn't even know they had it at first so there's no way to measure people that were asymptotic and people that just assumed they had the flu or a cold. The stated rate is based on *confirmed* cases.

FFS I'm tired of getting insulted over this. Go f*** yourself actually.
lirl
Identity politics has made conversing so much fun.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The reported death rate is way too high, many people who were affected never had any symptoms and probably never got sick at all, and there are millions of those people worldwide. If there is a worldwide death count of victims who got killed in a car accident daily, no one would be driving ever again I can guarantee that.

Reactions: lottster14

TVs Frank

Feb 4, 2020
Many people get the flu every year, but how many actually report that to any health agency? I have never been asked if I've had the flu. I have been asked if I've had the flu shot.
The CDC in the US uses modelling, as well as hospital visits and reported deaths to estimate overall infections of (non-Coronavirus) influenza. The modelling multiplies recorded hospital visits by a figure determined from decades of past influenza outbreaks. As I said in my post, so far the figures for Covid-19 include only those tested for Covid19 and testing is restricted to those who have travelled to regions with large outbreaks and who have symptoms. The US will be offering widespread testing in the next few weeks and the reported numbers in the US will likely skyrocket. This is not because the virus has suddenly spread but because many people with mild symptoms who have been missed will now be counted. This will be bad news and good news. Bad that the virus is more widespread than thought, but good in that the US fatality rate will turn out to be far lower than thought, likely below 1%. But that won’t stop the panic button going off in the US.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
People don't seem to understand it's not the virus in itself that will kill people it's the hospitalization rates that are alarming. People will need treatment and we will not be ready for it for it happens.

100% true and this is why the current strategy is to slow it.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The reported death rate is way too high, many people who were affected never had any symptoms and probably never got sick at all, and there are millions of those people worldwide. If there is a worldwide death count of victims who got killed in a car accident daily, no one would be driving ever again I can guarantee that.

That’s the denominator in the equation. The population impacted.

The numerator is equally important.

Unless you have a test while alive or when you pass.. there’s no way to know what people may have died of.

Lack of testing impact both ends.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
What you are saying has been debunked and is not backed by science as of yet. They already made a statement that nothing suggests it's merely a common cold. It has HIV protein spikes on it. It's 99% positively man made. We literally do not know if it will effect attach and stay dormant in the host until later or much of everything. Not for certain.

I checked my stocks for the first time in two weeks today (I've been purposely not looking because there's no point but I had to pay the bills so it was unavoidable) and I was pleasantly surprised to be only down $100k. No idea how bad after today though (and of course if this continues).

On another note, I had a meeting with a major auto parts manufacturer client of mine the other day (major under the radar company, he's a billionaire nobody's ever heard of). He has facilities all over Ontario and the 'States and he seemed completely unconcerned and is operating as usual.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I don't doubt that.

I'd say the same for regular flu.

Sick people don't call their doctor and tell them they had the flu.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The CDC in the US uses modelling, as well as hospital visits and reported deaths to estimate overall infections of (non-Coronavirus) influenza. The modelling multiplies recorded hospital visits by a figure determined from decades of past influenza outbreaks. As I said in my post, so far the figures for Covid-19 include only those tested for Covid19 and testing is restricted to those who have travelled to regions with large outbreaks and who have symptoms. The US will be offering widespread testing in the next few weeks and the reported numbers in the US will likely skyrocket. This is not because the virus has suddenly spread but because many people with mild symptoms who have been missed will now be counted. This will be bad news and good news. Bad that the virus is more widespread than thought, but good in that the US fatality rate will turn out to be far lower than thought, likely below 1%. But that won’t stop the panic button going off in the US.

Yep, I suspect the numbers are not real, but modeled/projected. Additionally, if using the US figures then probably doesn't take into account the number who would never go to a pay as you go hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad