Coronavirus in Football

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Didnt the Belgian league have one match week left? If so, those guys are being dumb. Lique 1 is done and dusted winners announced their not going to reverse their decision. Serie A could be interesting all the experts are saying they should null the season. These owners want their $. We see who wins.

One round before they entered the Championship Playoff: Belgian First Division A - Wikipedia

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
interesting to see how tuis plays out. I suspect this won’t be the last one we see. Germany is well positioned to try this, better than all other European nations. So we’ll see how this goes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's the same one where they show Alba crying in the dressing room half-time at Anfield. Juicy material.
yup thats why i said I shouldn't watch it. Nor should any barca fan and its a joke they put it up but hey anything for that mighty dollar I suppose.

Reactions: Cassano

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
interesting to see how tuis plays out. I suspect this won’t be the last one we see. Germany is well positioned to try this, better than all other European nations. So we’ll see how this goes.

According to Finnish BuLi experts elsewhere, it was two players an a physio. Potential start moved to May 23rd at the earliest. Public opinion growing against re-start too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just watched the first episode.... It was good but the narrator John Malkovich has an insufferable voice. The best parts of the doc so far is when he doesn't talk and just lets the show run. THat's my only complaint. Pique talking about partying is a bit annoying and how he talks about Valverde doesn't sit right with me given how the season ends. Just kinda confirms suspicions.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just watched the first episode.... It was good but the narrator John Malkovich has an insufferable voice. The best parts of the doc so far is when he doesn't talk and just lets the show run. THat's my only complaint. Pique talking about partying is a bit annoying and how he talks about Valverde doesn't sit right with me given how the season ends. Just kinda confirms suspicions.

Again, what is the title?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I love John Malkovic.

What’s suspicions about Pique?
I have no qualms with him but his voice in the documentary is annoying. It's like someone is scratching a blackboard.

Suspicions that Valverde was a doormat and that Pique doesn't focus nearly enough on his game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have no qualms with him but his voice in the documentary is annoying. It's like someone is scratching a blackboard.

Suspicions that Valverde was a doormat and that Pique doesn't focus nearly enough on his game.

ARBKOQl.gif

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Bottom 6 EPL teams oppose restart, though Aston Villa only "to a degree".

Wasnt their primary objection playing at neutral grounds? Seems transparent, the real reason is obviously the hope for a cancelled season and no relegation.

Thing is..its a bit of a gambit..as I imagine that if they get their way on that..they ll be the first to clamor for the new season to go ahead as normal in August.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wasnt their primary objection playing at neutral grounds? Seems transparent, the real reason is obviously the hope for a cancelled season and no relegation.

Thing is..its a bit of a gambit..as I imagine that if they get their way on that..they ll be the first to clamor for the new season to go ahead as normal in August.
It makes some semblance of sense. While you could dismiss the concerns by saying if you're playing behind closed doors anyway, what difference does it make what grounds you stage the match at, on the other hand by playing with no fans in the first place, you're putting a club like Brighton who has played an unbalanced schedule up until this point and was scheduled to be at home 5 of their last 9 matches, at a competitive disadvantage. West Ham as well was scheduled to play two of their relegation rivals at home.

It does make a difference. And there's no good answer.

I also don't really understand the neutral venue plan as an idea. I'm assuming clubs wouldn't finish out their schedule at a single ground, so if you're already forcing travel on clubs, what's the difference? Or is it just about staging support staff in a limited number of grounds?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Posted at 11:31 1 May11:31 1 May
'It only takes one case for it to blow up'

Football
Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro says that the culture in football needs to change "to ensure player safety" during the pandemic.
"It only takes one case for all of this to blow up," Carniero told the Today programme’s Alison Mitchell on BBC Radio Four.
"This will put a lot of individuals at risk. Safety and communication needs to be better.
"If football was to resume then testing will be key and an extra layer of training will be required."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Dejan Lovren is apparently a conspiracy theorist who believes the virus is a hoax to get everyone in the world vaccinated against their will and loves David Icke.

Twitter suspended his account.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dejan Lovren is apparently a conspiracy theorist who believes the virus is a hoax to get everyone in the world vaccinated against their will and loves David Icke.

Twitter suspended his account.
He was always a massive braindead player... but I can see clearly why his wife cheated on him with a factory worker.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He was always a massive braindead player... but I can see clearly why his wife cheated on him with a factory worker.
That’s a f***ed up statement. No one deserves to be cheated on especially in a marriage.

On an unrelated note, don’t a lot of teams make most of their money from ticket/gate fees? How would no fans affect that? Does anyone think that teams would still be in a major financial trouble even if they’re able to resume playing but without fans?

Reactions: YNWA14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad