Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nope. heck the law here states you are supposed to be 10m from any door if you smoke, go to any Mall and there is some jackass 3 feet from the door blowing smoke where ever he pleases. Go to any bar and you know where will be a pack of idiots hauling on lung darts just a few feet from the entrance.
Smoking sucks

Reactions: Bluelines

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That's the guy who wrote Game of Thrones correct?

Always been a dream of mine to write a novel, I have multiple novels started but I get to a certain point and they all feel like a pandering piece of garbage, so I stop and a few years later I get the bug to write and it turns out to be a load of crap again.

I started a Sci Fi novel that I titled Brothers in Arms, it takes place centuries after we colonized Mars, humans have learned from their past mistakes, Mars is an ideal planet, healthy, beautiful, clean, tech driven, peaceful, ... earth continued down its path of greed and global warming, its a dark dirty planet... Earth knowing they don't have much time left due to global warming, demands land on Mars for the people of Earth, Mars fearing that Mars will become just another earth resists and Earth then starts a war with Mars in the hope they can take over the planet... like I said hot garbage.
Just write A sci Fi called 2020 that is really a reality. :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Did I just read that right? 2,500 hundred people over five and a half months out of a population of 150 million (ballpark guess of under 40's population in the US)

That's a rounding error, that's a reason to let them out not shut them in because I'm willing to bet that's a lower rate than motor vehicle deaths over that timeframe for that demographic

By a fair bit I'd imagine
Hey i am willing to allow injecting them with it under the condition they get no health care afterwards. If thats what they want I’ll vote for that. Just set up the injection stations close to the test stations. Then we will rate them on who has the longest lineup.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Swedes didn't even go to lockdown mode. Cases are still raising, but dead numbers are way down.

Young and fit people should just continue live as they please. Old and ill can if they want to stay at home.

Even vacine won't stop the virus. It will be around for couple of years and then it will die, because it can't spread anymore.
B.S

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Alberta will be back to their highest single day numbers since the virus started in a week or so. They are going backwards and are sending kids back to school in a month? I doubt that

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Swedes didn't even go to lockdown mode. Cases are still raising, but dead numbers are way down.

Young and fit people should just continue live as they please. Old and ill can if they want to stay at home.

Even vacine won't stop the virus. It will be around for couple of years and then it will die, because it can't spread anymore.

Many doctors agree with what you have said. The real numbers and actual science is suggesting herd immunity is the best route and that we have destroyed our economy for little difference vs Sweden or Japan with 120m people and 1000 deaths or something like that.

I am looking for public inquiries tbh. There should be hard time for what happened in the nursing homes.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Alberta will be back to their highest single day numbers since the virus started in a week or so. They are going backwards and are sending kids back to school in a month? I doubt that

The treatments are so effective at this point that the virus is not really relevant anymore.

Quercetin + Zinc
Steroid inhalers
Remdesivir
HCQ + Zinc
Zpack

Between them all, the deaths expected are basically on par with a nasty flu season and community pneumonia or something like that. US private hospitals are getting bonus money for every Covid patient, incentives for a corrupt system. I am sure you all heard about the motorcycle accident victim that got counted as CV.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The treatments are so effective at this point that the virus is not really relevant anymore.

Quercetin + Zinc
Steroid inhalers
Remdesivir
HCQ + Zinc
Zpack

Between them all, the deaths expected are basically on par with a nasty flu season and community pneumonia or something like that. US private hospitals are getting bonus money for every Covid patient, incentives for a corrupt system. I am sure you all heard about the motorcycle accident victim that got counted as CV.
So you are a self proclaimed medical health officer of Canada now are you. You are full of lump.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So you are a self proclaimed medical health officer of Canada now are you. You are full of lump.

I just encourage you to look at the Japan and Sweden numbers. This thing is causing really big rifts between countries that could go to war and that's my big concern. The political and trade issues.

There is enough info for debate. I am not here for that though, just pointing people to the numbers.

Regarding the health ministers? There should be an inquiry, an investigation. I am horrified by the handling of it all.

Reactions: mmalady

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I just encourage you to look at the Japan and Sweden numbers. This thing is causing really big rifts between countries that could go to war and that's my big concern. The political and trade issues.

There is enough info for debate. I am not here for that though, just pointing people to the numbers.

Regarding the health ministers? There should be an inquiry, an investigation. I am horrified by the handling of it all.
I don’t know what you are reading but i am reading the opening up of bars and restaurants as non essential. That said, its a great gauge of just how fast this thing will overwhelm hospitals. The heads of Alberta and British Columbia are calling it a wake up call for people. Do they exclude their poor decisions in the warning because they are dropping the ball.
I don’t have a clue what war you are talking about.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Yes, it's a highly communicable illness with no vaccine, low risk demographics should go about their daily lives and high risk people can take precautions if they so wish

COVID doesn't just magically disappear and we've been locking down for months in some places already, that's going to have serious fiscal and health related consequences for massive amounts of people for the foreseeable future

first question... what do you do if the hospitals get overrun? Just start turning people away? Tell them the hospital is full, and they're on their own? If you just let the virus spread without trying to stop it... will the hospitals just be permanently at max capacity for the foreseeable future?

second question... if we go with your plan... will the virus still be circulating in 5 years, or in 10 years, or even longer?

Reactions: Slot

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don’t know what you are reading but i am reading the opening up of bars and restaurants as non essential. That said, its a great gauge of just how fast this thing will overwhelm hospitals. The heads of Alberta and British Columbia are calling it a wake up call for people. Do they exclude their poor decisions in the warning because they are dropping the ball.
I don’t have a clue what war you are talking about.

I don't know. We need to call Japan up, 120m people and 998 deaths. How do they do it? Are you not curious? Last time I looked Japanese subway / rail is still packed like a sardine can as always.

The wars part... Just read up on all the Carrier movements and different border spats kicking up. I think Taiwan is legit worried about being invaded for instance and the US has a lot of vessels in South China Sea.

Anyways, my take is call Japan up and do everything they do. They are handling it the best obviously.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know. We need to call Japan up, 120m people and 998 deaths. How do they do it? Are you not curious? Last time I looked Japanese subway / rail is still packed like a sardine can as always.

The wars part... Just read up on all the Carrier movements and different border spats kicking up. I think Taiwan is legit worried about being invaded for instance and the US has a lot of vessels in South China Sea.

Anyways, my take is call Japan up and do everything they do. They are handling it the best obviously.
I’ll check in on it.
Edit: i found this interesting article. It seems a mystery. A outlier. Its simply not the same most everywhere else. Hanging on to the exception as your stance might not work out very well.
The puzzle of Japan's low virus death rate

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
so what's your solution? just have the government do nothing and let the virus spread?

my plan isn't to lock everyone in their homes forever. just keep the lockdown going until we don't have any more cases. then we can go back to more or less a normal life.
That would take forever

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Look at seroprevalence studies out of Japan. They are just as infected as the rest of us. They have 18x less obesity than the US.
Don’t they take care of their elderly at home and not in long term care facilities?

Reactions: mmalady

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
My foresight was also 20/20. I knew in late January that this would turn into a global pandemic. Remember, I'm the guy who started the original COVID-19 thread here and told you all the hockey season would be canceled and to go buy toilet paper.

That's the guy who wrote Game of Thrones correct?

Always been a dream of mine to write a novel, I have multiple novels started but I get to a certain point and they all feel like a pandering piece of garbage, so I stop and a few years later I get the bug to write and it turns out to be a load of crap again.

I started a Sci Fi novel that I titled Brothers in Arms, it takes place centuries after we colonized Mars, humans have learned from their past mistakes, Mars is an ideal planet, healthy, beautiful, clean, tech driven, peaceful, ... earth continued down its path of greed and global warming, its a dark dirty planet... Earth knowing they don't have much time left due to global warming, demands land on Mars for the people of Earth, Mars fearing that Mars will become just another earth resists and Earth then starts a war with Mars in the hope they can take over the planet... like I said hot garbage.

I thought is was Santa:sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
first question... what do you do if the hospitals get overrun? Just start turning people away? Tell them the hospital is full, and they're on their own? If you just let the virus spread without trying to stop it... will the hospitals just be permanently at max capacity for the foreseeable future?

second question... if we go with your plan... will the virus still be circulating in 5 years, or in 10 years, or even longer?
I don’t what the hospital census is in Toronto and how many available ICU they have but if you look at the overall health of the people I think they could handle a surge.
I live in TN and I look at my region - TN AL MS AR GA- and these obese, chronically sick folks haven’t collapsed the hospitals

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
That would take forever

It wouldn't take that long if the lockdown was strict enough. We had way too many exceptions for "essential workers" (they weren't all essential) and our border controls are not tight enough.

Also, many parts of Canada are currently virus-free. All of Atlantic Canada is virus free. Even in Ontario where we're still getting lots of new cases, it's only really in a few major cities (GTA, Hamilton, Windsor, Ottawa, etc.) . There are large areas of the province that are virus-free. So with travel restrictions, you can open up certain sections of the country and then keep the areas with the virus under lockdown until they bring cases to zero. Our problem was that even when areas would become virus free, people from places like Toronto would travel to the virus-free location and spread the virus there.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don’t what the hospital census is in Toronto and how many available ICU they have but if you look at the overall health of the people I think they could handle a surge.
I live in TN and I look at my region - TN AL MS AR GA- and these obese, chronically sick folks haven’t collapsed the hospitals

but the virus is still spreading... it hasn't even really hit many areas yet.

wait until our normal cold/flu season and cases in the US will go up even more.

Reactions: Slot

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Yes, it's a highly communicable illness with no vaccine, low risk demographics should go about their daily lives and high risk people can take precautions if they so wish

COVID doesn't just magically disappear and we've been locking down for months in some places already, that's going to have serious fiscal and health related consequences for massive amounts of people for the foreseeable future

Let the millennials and gen x ers be free, lock down the boomers.:sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
but the virus is still spreading... it hasn't even really hit many areas yet.

wait until our normal cold/flu season and cases in the US will go up even more.
You want to get it out the system before the flu starts. That’s the main reason they’re letting it go.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad