Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If you go meta enough I agree!
The cognitive dissonance it takes to contradict oneself and label team player a strength and "less collaborative" a weakness is spot on, and the egotistical way of only having cons that are "less" of a positive quality while throwing pure negatives at others reeks of the self aggrandizingboomer world view. It's a truly piercing and insightful piece of art.

LOL... dud you are trying too hard.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I think the general public just need to realize that wearing mask is like putting on a condom. Not 100% safe but good enough to prevent STDs and stuff.

Yeah I never understood that "You can't tell me to wear a mask crowd", then they get in a car put on their seat belt on, as the govt told them to, drive the speed limit, as the govt told them to, pick their kids up for school, put them in a govt approved children's car seat, buckle them in as the govt told them to do, purchase groceries that are made with government approved standards. Go to the drug store, buy their govt approved pharmaceuticals, drive on govt built roads, on their side of the road, as the govt told them to. Go to the post office and mail their I hate "whatever" propaganda, using the US govt postal service, go get their govt approved gun licence for root tootin' shootin' them varmints, watch their Fox news on govt approved television...but don't tell me to war a mask to save a life of a stranger...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel426

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That’s much better than liberty and freedom
upload_2020-7-27_11-10-28.jpeg

Reactions: Slot and Nineteen67

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
The Brampton folk should be incinerated. My business will continue to be shuttered probably until the fall of next year because of the pandemic, and bankruptcy is a likely outcome, all because people are still not smart enough to handle this.

I would initiate new standards. Immediate execution for violations of distancing and not wearing a mask. The wimpy asthmatics (proven NOT to suffer decreased oxygen saturation while wearing a mask btw) either have to stay home, suck it up, or be shot dead.

If you get infected with Covid, you and your closest 20 contacts are INCINERATED IMMEDIATELY.

Then people will stay home, thank goodness. Let's end this thing with 25 days of an ACTUAL lock down. If you don't have a few weeks of food stocked up right now, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

This is satire. This post suggesting ultra extreme authoritarian/unlawful measures for a virus with 0.010% (or less) infection rate is satire. Won't convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Nineteen67

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
I apologize if I upset anyone, but blame the system for screwing people over. Not everyday individuals living their lives. This whole pandemic has seen the ultra rich companies get richer, and the small businesses suffer. That is not just a cute coincidence.

Reactions: Nineteen67

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Who would have thought that an aerosolized virus would spread on a team sharing a locker room.

Symptomatic or bust. There are reports of inanimate objects testing positive. Pretty much we have to let this thing run its course one way or another. The lockdown methods may be working against the end goal anyways with herd immunity. I am not a fan of controlled demolition of our civilization because adversity and risk. Other generations braved it, we should as well taking the precautions we can that don't hinder the lifestyle we know.

Risk should be on the individual, can't handle the risk, stay home and bubble up, the rest have stuff to do.

Add: recently noticed a graphic where it showed the least strict countries had the best outcomes so far per million. Sweden was the highest but only on par with USA anyways.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I apologize if I upset anyone, but blame the system for screwing people over. Not everyday individuals living their lives. This whole pandemic has seen the ultra rich companies get richer, and the small businesses suffer. That is not just a cute coincidence.

I am not a "tin foil hat" guy; but facts are facts

billionaires all over the world got even more richer as everybody else suffers

U.S. billionaires richer by $434 billion since coronavirus pandemic began: report

The story is just about US; but this is the same in other parts of the world; media there are in on it and not reporting it

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

U.S. billionaires richer by $434 billion since coronavirus pandemic began: report

The story is just about US; but this is the same in other parts of the world; media there are in on it and not reporting it

Someone on this forum suggested that the "rich" and connected knew there was a pandemic coming, I guess a record number of powerful CEO's quit last year, suggesting they wanted to be out of the fray before it hit.

Why have more than 1,300 CEOs left their post in the past year?

One of the more interesting conspiracy theories I've seen lately.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
On the conspiracy theory train. I watched a video on YouTube from an Australian news team ( searched for it and I cant find it), they interviewed on of the worlds most knowledgeable Epidemiologists. He said the normal route once a virus like this is human infecting is you try to back track to find out which animal the virus did its jump to humans from.

When they did their testing on the animals and compared the infection rate to humans, he said this virus was "uniquely suited for human infection" suggesting it has some form of laboratory manipulation. He also said that the animals they tested had no where near the infection rate of humans. the conspiracy theory is it was found in the wild, then genetically modified to infect humans. His suggestion that this is "uniquely suited for human infection" would support that Conspiracy Theory.

We will probably never know the truth.

The below link supports the "uniquely suited for humans" statement.

The divergences make Sars-Cov-2 more stable and about 1,000 times better at latching on to ACE2 than RaTG13, their study suggested.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/why-have-more-1-000-ceos-left-their-post-past-n1076201

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019

See that's the thing though, stating that as a fact does not make you some "tin foil hat" guy. It's just the sad, and to some people, shocking truth.

Reactions: mmalady

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Don't apologize for having an opinion, you have every right to state it as the next guy.

There have been quite a few ultra rich companies that have gone bankrupt too... the airlines are losing billions every months. I think I read TGIFridays went bankrupt, Ann Taylor clothes store parent company went bankrupt, Pier 1 went bankrupt.

The companies that were positioned well to support people in the current conditions did well, many that were still old school type business did not do so well.

Reactions: Slot

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Yikes. I don't see how MLB and the NFL can expect to play games outside a bubble without these situations inevitably developing at some point.
I don't see why they can't play in a bubble, particularly the NFL. The NFL plays a total of 16 games a season plus the postseason. Surely they could bubble these teams up between two to four hubs. Sure sacrifices will have to be made, whether reducing the schedule to 8 games or playing 2 per week to reach 16 games. However, both can be completed in two months, plus postseason.

As for potentially playing two games a week, the CFL have done it and that's with travel between cities.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don't see why they can't play in a bubble, particularly the NFL. The NFL plays a total of 16 games a season plus the postseason. Surely they could bubble these teams up between two to four hubs. Sure sacrifices will have to be made, whether reducing the schedule to 8 games or playing 2 per week to reach 16 games. However, both can be completed in two months, plus postseason.

As for potentially playing two games a week, the CFL have done it and that's with travel between cities.
I think one of the reasons behind MLB and NFL not going the bubble route got to do with practice facilities. Not saying it is easier to have full size hockey rinks than have baseball diamonds and football fields but I just don’t think there are enough cities that could host 5 baseball teams(each division), as they do play games and practices everyday.
I know some say it is bc of money as NFL are trying to get fans inside. However, NFL doesn’t start till Sept and by then hopefully it will be better than now.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Football teams are at the practice facility all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad