Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Stay safe, friend.

Were the windows already smashed? Or to prevent future smashing?

Are more protests expected?

Thanks for the well wishes...

It was for prevent of a rally at 1:00 and I just got the word they don't need me. I had to stay home due to my son's drive by Graduation (his last year at middle school) which was at 1:00 also, then head down. Luckily I don't, but doing work downtown always sucks, parking, setting up and such, but I do have to do one in Washington, PA... tomorrow.

Reactions: Jacob

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the well wishes...

It was for prevent of a rally at 1:00 and I just got the word they don't need me. I had to stay home due to my son's drive by Graduation (his last year at middle school) which was at 1:00 also, then head down. Luckily I don't, but doing work downtown always sucks, parking, setting up and such, but I do have to do one in Washington, PA... tomorrow.

Do yourself a favor and grab a hot dog w/ everything and fries with gravy at Shorty’s tomorrow!

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe this was posted already, but I found it interesting. Stock transactions by Moderna executives after they announced the phase 1 results of their trial.

Moderna's coronavirus vaccine announcement set off a frenzy on Wall Street. Now some are calling for an investigation - CNN

Pump and Dump. Same as it ever was on Wall Street. On small drug companies, they can say they need the $ for further costly drug trials, etc. But when you see insiders dumping at the same time, it sets off all sorts of alarms. We’ll see....

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I’m surprised it’s taking so long to find Bartels. 20 years old, presumably lives with his parents still. Surely police have been in contact with his family.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Maybe this was posted already, but I found it interesting. Stock transactions by Moderna executives after they announced the phase 1 results of their trial.

Moderna's coronavirus vaccine announcement set off a frenzy on Wall Street. Now some are calling for an investigation - CNN
The CFO and CMO look clean to me. 10b5 plans are set up for the explicit purpose of removing any taint of potential front running or unethical insider trading.

The CEO may or may not be clean. I would need to understand the governance structure of the fund that sold the Moderna shares to say either way.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The CFO and CMO look clean to me. 10b5 plans are set up for the explicit purpose of removing any taint of potential front running or unethical insider trading.

The CEO may or may not be clean. I would need to understand the governance structure of the fund that sold the Moderna shares to say either way.

Agreed they look clean from how the stock was traded, but the potential market manipulation part is the more interesting thing to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

d5b.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do yourself a favor and grab a hot dog w/ everything and fries with gravy at Shorty’s tomorrow!

I'll try, but I won't be in town. We'll be in the Tanger Outlets just north of there. Too far for lunch, see how it goes, and if I get done early enough I could make a special trip for dinner to take home for everyone.:thumbu:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'll try, but I won't be in town. We'll be in the Tanger Outlets just north of there. Too far for lunch, see how it goes, and if I get done early enough I could make a special trip for dinner to take home for everyone.:thumbu:

Ah gotcha. I love Shorty’s, but definitely not worth it if you’re gonna be around Tanger!

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Agreed they look clean from how the stock was traded, but the potential market manipulation part is the more interesting thing to me.
I think it would be hard to nail them for it. Selective disclosure (bad and probably illegal) is very hard to distinguish from immediate disclosure of relevant material (strongly encouraged and legal).

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, in the last thread, I was told we should throw Nate's ideas out completely because of the real world something something.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
There's a proposed policy going around the company that if you're in the office or in a field role you would be required to have your temperature taken twice a day.

They just haven't said how the temperature will be taken...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There's a proposed policy going around the company that if you're in the office or in a field role you would be required to have your temperature taken twice a day.

They just haven't said how the temperature will be taken...

But for real, I also have to do that for my work when I check into the site. They use some sort of contact-less device to take your temperature.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad