Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Copied from Cole:

***NEW WARNING***

- ZERO tolerance for political sides talk. I do not care who is right or left. It does not matter. It is not for this thread or this website. You will be removed.

- RESPECT one another. It's a simple concept. This is a tough time. Just respect one another.

- ZERO tolerance for any mindset that someone dying is okay. That's not going to happen here. You will be removed.

Seriously... just be nice to one another. It's simple.

This is not a debate thread. For example - if you go into a Bryan Rust Appreciation thread and say Rust sucks, you will be removed. The sole purpose of this thread is to keep us up to date with what is going on (without bias) and to stay positive for one another. This is not a debate thread. This is not a political thread. This is not a discussion of everything else in the world thread (race problems, guns, etc). This is a thread to keep us together during this amazingly tough time.

I have posted over 100 warnings from March to today. I can't sit here and moderate this like a chat room. We need to respect the rules and unfortunately the very strict guidelines of discussion.

Reactions: ColePens and BHD

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Back to DnD- aren’t the additional precautions a bit overkill since it’s designed to be socially distancing as is?

Thank you, thank you! Tip your waitresses!

tenor.gif

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Those numbers are going to absolutely skyrocket in the next 2 weeks sadly. I wonder if Wolf will put counties back in yellow or red after moving them to green if there is another outbreak from Memorial Day and the protests.

I think I recall him saying that he would change counties back to red or yellow if necessary.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
dude the nerds are taking over. This is our time.

My nephew plays. He is a national merit scholar in college on a scholarship who wants to work for NASA.

Seeing where a lot of the kids I grew up with in high school who played ended up I would be pushing any kid of mine to play if only for future social networking.

My nephew saw those bookshelves of early material and wanted them all. Early modules from independent companies, a Dieties and Demigods which had a Call of Chthulhu section [ 9780935696226 - Deities & Demigods: Cyclopedia of Gods and Heroes from Myth and Legend Advanced Dungeons and Dragons by Rob Kuntz; James M Ward - AbeBooks ]

and was pulled within weeks because TSR never got the rights, first modules like [ DESCENT INTO DEPTHS OF EARTH: DUNGEON MODULE D1 (FIRST OF By Gary Gygax | eBay ] all the early ones actually, and on and on. He will get them eventually but I am still nostalgic.

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My nephew plays. He is a national merit scholar in college on a scholarship who wants to work for NASA.

Seeing where a lot of the kids I grew up with in high school who played ended up I would be pushing any kid of mine to play if only for future social networking.

My nephew saw those bookshelves of early material and wanted them all. Early modules from independent companies, a Dieties and Demigods which had a Call of Chthulhu section [ 9780935696226 - Deities & Demigods: Cyclopedia of Gods and Heroes from Myth and Legend Advanced Dungeons and Dragons by Rob Kuntz; James M Ward - AbeBooks ]

and was pulled within weeks because TSR never got the rights, first modules like [ DESCENT INTO DEPTHS OF EARTH: DUNGEON MODULE D1 (FIRST OF By Gary Gygax | eBay ] all the early ones actually, and on and on. He will get them eventually but I am still nostalgic.

Those books are worth some legit coin.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I was talking to my extended family member who has COVID. She works at one of those fun centers: mini golf, go carts, arcade, driving range, batting cage, etc.

She said she’s okay, mild body aches and fever. However she went in to work one day for two hours with extremely mild symptoms, not realizing it could be COVID, just to have it get worse as she worked.

This is why you should wear a mask. Her story isn’t unique.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
dude the nerds are taking over. This is our time.

I'm actually surprised with how popular DnD is, I hear a bunch of my coworkers talking about it and I don't believe they all play together. I've been tempted to go to one of the DnD sessions on meetup, but then COVID hit.

Setting a reminder for 6/13 on this prediction.

I'm hoping I'm wrong too, I'm moving into my new apartment in mid-June. But I'm almost positive cases are going to skyrocket.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
D&D is making a pretty big comeback in recent years, as are a lot of tabletop games.

It, uh... wasn't so cool when I was growing up.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

That seems like some sweet stuff. I own almost nothing. Until this current game started at the start of the year, all I played before was entirely online and digital. I have a couple digital books now, but no hard copies.
My craigslist roommate would host D&D on Sundays. Seemed like a good time. Everyone had their own laptop, which is certainly different from when I played.
I haven't used a laptop for playing in person at all, but I can see the value in it for sure. Everything before this was entirely digital online. Both have advantages for sure. Everything is way more organized and just easier to manage online. That said, when all of your character info auto-fills as you go, you end up knowing a lot less than you do when you had to fill everything out by hand on a sheet of paper.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
D&D is making a pretty big comeback in recent years, as are a lot of tabletop games.

seriously. I was playing tons of computer and video games, but even I looked at the D&D kids funny. Now that I've started, I wish I had done it a long time ago. It would have been an awesome thing to do in college especially when we all lived right by each other. Two of my old roommates are even who I'm playing with recently :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Likewise.

But Shadowrun was the game of choice for me. Why would you want to be a half-elf mage with magic missle, when you can be an ork with cybernetic modifications to enhance your movement speed to 120 mph and a railgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad