Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I have seen talks of a second stimulus coming from both sides. I'm sure it'll happen, but yanno... sooner would be better than later.

Has their been talks of a 2nd cash stimulus? The only thing I’ve seen with numbers attached is some kind of $4,000 tax credit for vacationing.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Has their been talks of a 2nd cash stimulus? The only thing I’ve seen with numbers attached is some kind of $4,000 tax credit for vacationing.

Trump claimed yesterday there will be a generous stimulus ‘package’ coming.

However, the question he was asked yesterday was directly about a second stimulus payment. So he could be playing word games, who knows.

The senate has their annual August break starting Aug 8 (god forbid they do actual hard work)... so most are speculating a decision by then.

Reactions: That1Kid

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'm thinking Trump's only committing to a second round of stimulus checks because his polling numbers are tanking and he absolutely bungled the George Floyd protests, so he wants to get some sort of good will prior to the election to help his reelection odds.

Sitting POTUS doing whatever they can to get re-elected

More at 11

This has been every elected POTUS since the beginning of time.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Trump claimed yesterday there will be a generous stimulus ‘package’ coming.

However, the question he was asked yesterday was directly about a second stimulus payment. So he could be playing word games, who knows.

The senate has their annual August break starting Aug 8 (god forbid they do actual hard work)... so most are speculating a decision by then.

I suspect their decision will be to take that August break.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i'm a bit confused about why, after yesterday's "covid cases in pittsburgh area more than double in 24 hours" headlines, we haven't seen a "covid cases in pittsburgh area fall by more than half in 24 hours" headline

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
My wife showed me the perfect analogy someone on social media wrote describing the pandemic in the states...

“The US trying to fight coronavirus is like me when I give up trying to get a six pack after only two months, because it’s easier to tell myself abs aren’t real”

Merica!

Old Man Fights His Way Into Walmart Without a Mask, Gets Kicked Out
upload_2020-6-23_17-4-19.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->