Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Yeah, many people don't get the flu shot. But plenty of people also never exercise, eat foods that are unhealthy, smoke, drink excessively, do hard drugs, use their cell phone while driving, etc...

Many people have seriously self destructive behaviours. Getting a flu shot is pretty damn quick and easy but it doesn't surprise me so few get it considering other choices they make in life.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Do you disqualify the CDC as well? They strongly encourage flu shots. Like does, essentially, every accredited medical commentator on Planet Earth Prime. You've been reluctant to provide support for your theories and arguments against flu shots and your assertion of flu shot danger, I wonder why? Do you have "independent", peer-reviewed sources supporting your positions? Note: Jenny McCarthy does not count. And yes, I know, different vaccine, but same stupidity.

The point of the argument was not about the dangers of Flu shots it was about the effectiveness but of course you have twisted it to fit the narrative. I stated that Flu shots and upper respiratory medicinal therapies are far from 100% effective in stopping these illnesses. To wait inside and cripple everything for 18 months if a vaccine can even be created, it’s not certain one can, is my argument. As you so enjoy trying to put people down with the old reading comprehension comments take that own advice.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Just to get a few things clear here because I feel some are taking my posts as that I don’t think this is a big deal or downplaying it. I have 100 percent done social distancing and have very limited time in public since mid March when everything was shut down. I 100% believe in the seriousness and magnitude of the situation. I just believe we need to start opening things back up to a degree soon because of the long lasting effects a 3/6/12 month shut down would have on the country and world. I certainly don't advocate for everyone to go back to normal like nothing is going on. Older people and people with immune compromised issues certainly need to be ultra cautious. I am simply saying the notion to wait around for a vaccine which is A not guaranteed and B not guaranteed to have anything better than say 50% effectiveness is making the cure worse than the virus.

Stay safe everyone I love all my Penguin Brothers and Sisters.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Regarding testing here in the States:

And oh, the same can be said for oil prices.

Agreed. Tootski?

edab31bac0968d8b21d087a0dee2e209.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't for a SINGLE second believe they have the testing capabilities they think they do. I don't believe the testing is accurate and I sure as hell don't think they have the ability to do it quick/efficient.

That is just my garbage worthless opinion. If there is one single thing I have zero faith in - it's definitely testing right now.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hey, what gives...

Last night (wearing a mask, yes. Well... shemagh) I went to grocery store. When I was inside I didn't really pay any mind to everybody walking around in singles until I heard the store manager come over to this pair and said, "you can't be together if you want to shop at this store".
She said, "but we're together"
SM, "I know that, but you can't gather around one cart. one cart, one customer"
She said, "oh wow... ok... but.... we live together.... *confused*"
SM, "I understand that, but please, nobody can stand in groups or pairs. One cart, one customer.... PLEASE... PLEASE..."
She said, "oh wow.. ok...."

This some new guideline I'm missing or what? Now I have to stand a couple feet away from my family when I go shopping??

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Hey, what gives...

Last night (wearing a mask, yes. Well... shemagh) I went to grocery store. When I was inside I didn't really pay any mind to everybody walking around in singles until I heard the store manager come over to this pair and said, "you can't be together if you want to shop at this store".
SM, "I understand that, but please, nobody can stand in groups or pairs. One cart, one customer.... PLEASE... PLEASE..."

This some new guideline I'm missing or what? Now I have to stand a couple feet away from my family when I go shopping??

Likely DoH guidelines. They could conceivably shut store down if not enforced.

Reactions: LOGiK

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Hey, what gives...

Getting crazier by the day

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Getting crazier by the day

Indeed.

Likely DoH guidelines. They could conceivably shut store down if not enforced.

Yes. The SM sounded like he was told from above to literally patrol the store and enforce this.

He didn't seem like he was doing it 'because he wanted to' kind of deal.

---

It was very uncomfortable to witness it... I stopped what I was doing and just watched.... I thought to myself.......

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Hey, what gives...

the problem is you can't manage what two people are together and are from the same household, and what two are not. you can't exactly go up and question everyone. easier to implement a 1 cart 1 person rule. That and you shouldn't have multiple people from the same house getting groceries together imo. I'm sure there is some special circumstance. But seriously I can't think of a good reason why you need more then one person from the house going to the store.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
the problem is you can't manage what two people are together and are from the same household, and what two are not. you can't exactly go up and question everyone. easier to implement a 1 cart 1 person rule. That and you shouldn't have multiple people from the same house getting groceries together imo. I'm sure there is some special circumstance. But seriously I can't think of a good reason why you need more then one person from the house going to the store.

Yeah. I would not recommend everyone going out together.

Even if you go right home and have contact together after the store - and even touch the same product packaging -
Everyone is different... one person alone may not catch anything... as a family the risk goes up.

Our family ruled out shopping together in february... even before then we usually just have a list on the counter we just add to it and if someone is going to go that day they take the list... we rarely / if ever... go out of our way to coordinate a family trip to the grocery store.

Not really any reason... I mean.. sometimes we go together, but very rarely. Especially now. We do not leave the house together

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

Exactly. Also, if the store has a line to get in (not sure if it did in this case) it's best to keep one shopper per cart to keep the line moving so folks don't have to wait any longer than they need to.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hey, what gives...

Honestly, if we're playing the game the right way, there's zero reason to go into the same store with your sig other, let alone, family, in tow.

I successfully grocery shopped by myself with a mask and eyewear just this morning. Alone.

I won't go to the same place as my partner right now. One of us will wait in the car or stay home.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Honestly, if we're playing the game the right way, there's zero reason to go into the same store with your sig other, let alone, family, in tow.

I successfully grocery shopped by myself with a mask and eyewear just this morning. Alone.

I won't go to the same place as my partner right now. One of us will wait in the car or stay home.
yeah the only time we've left the house together since this started is to walk the dogs. And even then we end up distancing just because the sidewalks are too narrow anyway :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just to get a few things clear here because I feel some are taking my posts as that I don’t think this is a big deal or downplaying it. I have 100 percent done social distancing and have very limited time in public since mid March when everything was shut down. I 100% believe in the seriousness and magnitude of the situation. I just believe we need to start opening things back up to a degree soon because of the long lasting effects a 3/6/12 month shut down would have on the country and world. I certainly don't advocate for everyone to go back to normal like nothing is going on. Older people and people with immune compromised issues certainly need to be ultra cautious. I am simply saying the notion to wait around for a vaccine which is A not guaranteed and B not guaranteed to have anything better than say 50% effectiveness is making the cure worse than the virus.

Stay safe everyone I love all my Penguin Brothers and Sisters.

Not meaning to bust your chops. But it sounded so similar to the people who do not vaccinate their kids over fallacies such as believing that it causes autism and other nonsense which has caused a resurgence of diseases.

Anti-vaccination: Myths and facts

Are vaccines 100% proof against what they are aimed at? No. However they significantly REDUCE the chance of getting the virus, and reduces the impact on you and increases your chance of survival if you do get the virus.

The anti-vaccine movement is a pet peeve of mine.

As for returning to work, it is not that black and white. No one wants to isolate for a year and a half or even six months. But the return to working will be tiered, as I set forth in previous posts, in four distinct stages. The second stage is not far off where people can start returning to work with intense monitering.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yeah the only time we've left the house together since this started is to walk the dogs. And even then we end up distancing just because the sidewalks are too narrow anyway :laugh:

My dog has been social distancing since birth.
Especially on walks =P

(he just pulls and pulls and pulls me. *he walks me basically*)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Now I'm curious. Has there ever been an unsuccessful grocery store trip?
=P

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
as a note, the specific ones we got (the one in that picture) constantly get loose for whatever reason. We have to tighten them back up every two or three walks or they will be loose and sliding all around during the walk.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
we got harnesses that we can clasp the leash to the chest. That way if they pull they get turned around. They have worked pretty well to keep them from pulling.

Yep. I konw what you mean. I used one of those for my dog in the military. So he could work without having his neck getting throttled when reaching the end of the lead.

Those vests are very convenient for dogs that like to 'pull' when walking.

(usually I let him go off leash when we reach open areas free of vehicles, people or other dogs, but in town he's leashed)

add:
I saw your pic... the ones we used and the one I have *kept from the military* the buckle is on top of his vest... on his back. That one from the pic the buckle is on his chest. So there are options where the buckle can go

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yep. I konw what you mean. I used one of those for my dog in the military. So he could work without having his neck getting throttled when reaching the end of the lead.

Those vests are very convenient for dogs that like to 'pull' when walking.

(usually I let him go off leash when we reach open areas free of vehicles, people or other dogs, but in town he's leashed)

add:
I saw your pic... the ones we used and the I have *kept from the military* the buckle is on top of his vest... on his back.
this has a buckle on the back too, but the front buckle really helps stop them from pulling since they get all turned around when they try. They aren't saints, but it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad