How good is Coldplay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kids probably transfer colds/flus more than any age group for their inability to remember to wipe their nose with a tissue and wash their hands frequently enough.

Imagine if this era of kids were not addicted to gaming platforms and semi already social distancing. Like a couple of you said, as kids in our older generation it was outside where we spent most of our time socializing for lack of better things these young kids have at their beck n call.

I think we would be already past the point of social terror, and in fact.... into hysteria, where people are far more deplorable for lack of responding to the real threat so late. Meaning, our government not heading to social shut down sooner.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

L'chaim!

I took an MBA class with an Isreali professor who said that "in order to be an Isreali, you've gotta have a half-dozen ideas for startups at any given time." Very innovative country.

I still think we can step back out with certain restrictions (work from home mandated for companies that can, strict occupancy limits in restaurants, no gatherings >50 or >100, plus masks in crowded places like the supermarket) without seeing exponential growth again. Improvements in rapid-testing and improved treatment can keep showing up and incrementally improving things as well.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
L'chaim!

I took an MBA class with an Isreali professor who said that "in order to be an Isreali, you've gotta have a half-dozen ideas for startups at any given time." Very innovative country.

I still think we can step back out with certain restrictions (work from home mandated for companies that can, strict occupancy limits in restaurants, no gatherings >50 or >100, plus masks in crowded places like the supermarket) without seeing exponential growth again. Improvements in rapid-testing and improved treatment can keep showing up and incrementally improving things as well.
if and i repeat if we do have a cure that works. it makes getting the flue much less a problem. then you can have the heard thing work. not the best way to go, but no reason to not start to go back to normal.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
if and i repeat if we do have a cure that works. it makes getting the flue much less a problem. then you can have the heard thing work. not the best way to go, but no reason to not start to go back to normal.

I don't think non-exponential growth and "embracing herd immunity" are the same thing. I think our hospitals can handle it if like 20% of us get it in the span of a year so long as it's spread out. That wouldn't be enough for herd immunity but it wouldn't overwhelm the system either.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The ice cream line is certainly over the top, but the point where difficult decisions will have to be made is rapidly approaching.

The risks to anybody under 50 are almost negligible. It’s 70 and up where the real risk is. Am I concerned about my parents? Of course. My father is at particular risk due to blood type and other health issues. But I will tell you this - having kids my bigger concern right now is what we are leaving them to clean up. I can tell you for sure that my parents feel the same way. Even for myself, I will gladly take the risk of getting the virus if it means a better life for my kid and his generation. I get that people are scared right now but I really don’t think people have any idea what is coming after. It is a worldwide bubble of massive proportions that will be beyond ugly when it breaks.

I think the time is rapidly coming when people who are youngish and healthy (~<60) are going to have to get back to something approaching normal. It’s quite possible to do it with the best aspects of social distancing still intact and some of the overreaching BS out the window. Kids will need to be in real schools this fall. They need to interact with each other and they need their parents to have livelihoods so they have food in their stomachs and a roof over their head.

Let's start with the two weeks that the experts warned about, this week and next. No way in hell that was right to have that ice cream store open.

No one believes that the county, or world for that matter, will be in lock down for the up to year and a half until a vaccine is found.

But being responsible now, and likely until wide scale testing in in place, is the right thing to do.

AND at the same time giving up some of our civil liberties temporarily to save hundreds of thousands of lives world wide with tracking phones letting you know if you should isolate, and then isolating if you were around someone carrying the virus if you have never had it, is a very very small price to pay.

And if people are against either of those two things, which likely could be in place in a month, at worst two months, then they are selfish assholes.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I don't think non-exponential growth and "embracing herd immunity" are the same thing. I think our hospitals can handle it if like 20% of us get it in the span of a year so long as it's spread out. That wouldn't be enough for herd immunity but it wouldn't overwhelm the system either.
if there is a cure, there would be less need for hospitals.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Let's start with the two weeks that the experts warned about, this week and next. No way in hell that was right to have that ice cream store open.

No one believes that the county, or world for that matter, will be in lock down for the up to year and a half until a vaccine is found.

But being responsible now, and likely until wide scale testing in in place, is the right thing to do.

AND at the same time giving up some of our civil liberties temporarily to save hundreds of thousands of lives world wide with tracking phones letting you know if you should isolate, and then isolating if you were around someone carrying the virus if you have never had it, is a very very small price to pay.

And if people are against either of those two things, which likely could be in place in a month, at worst two months, then they are selfish assholes.

Most opinions of the experts I’ve read or heard believe we need to be locked down until the end of May.

Forget who I was watching yesterday, but he was pretty adamant that his model showed that there would be a massive difference in the amount of infections if we opened up at the end of April vs the end of May.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The thing you linked was still very much a time-intensive, in-patient treatment. You need hospitals for it to be done.
it would be my GUESS that those that they are trying it on are in bad shape to begin with. also because this is still very new that they would be very cautious and want to follow it closely. imo
edit; i have very little trust of any media.:laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Most opinions of the experts I’ve read or heard believe we need to be locked down until the end of May.

Forget who I was watching yesterday, but he was pretty adamant that his model showed that there would be a massive difference in the amount of infections if we opened up at the end of April vs the end of May.

Exactly.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I know you want to kick me in the sack for hammering on this issue, but the overall selfishness of generations that never had to make great sacrifices, will eventually win out.

It’s inevitable because the smart people can only reason with the selfish for so long.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know you want to kick me in the sack for hammering on this issue, but the overall selfishness of generations that never had to make great sacrifices, will eventually win out.

It’s inevitable because the smart people can only reason with the selfish for so long.

I would predict a more reasoned balance, such as I set forth above.

Maybe I am being naive.

But asking to shut down, maybe through May, testing and monitoring with phone apps and isolating until there is a vaccine. Or at least until there are more effective treatments than supportive care that we give now.

It isn't a lot to ask.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I thought basically you just needed a SSN and of course total income restrictions?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I thought basically you just needed a SSN and of course total income restrictions?

Yeah, but you never know with these people.
My wife had 0 earnings and watches our special needs kid all day and can't really work... that is work...

So the joint filing saved her in this situation as I made money and paid taxes to qualify and claimed the child dependent. So we bring in the full 2900 because I worked (on the books).

I think only the retired need to do nothing. Otherwise you need to have filed a tax return in at least 2018. I think if you didn't work you get nothing... even if you filed. Not sure on that... since I only worried about my situation. (I read it all but forget.. only remembered what i needed to worry about)

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah man. Thank you.
The joint filing is what saved her / us. Good to see my daughter (on SSI) also got passed through successfully.

I don’t think your daughter was ever in doubt as she is a full dependent like my kids.

Reactions: LOGiK

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's here!!!

A deposit for $2,900.00 will be available to your EveryDay Checking 1301 4/15/2020 from PPD IRS TREAS
Is there a website i can share w/ my friends who lost their gig and qualified to see when it's going to pay?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is there a website i can share w/ my friends who lost their gig and qualified to see when it's going to pay?

I cut and pasted that from my bank account (navy federal).
They usually show deposits coming within 5 days or so.

From what I found reading on the IRS site, it said don't call or do anything 'we have your information for direct deposits' and will notify you by mail inside of 14 days AFTER they sent it telling you where they sent it.

Outside of that I haven't found any sites with info.
I think they pay out lowest incomes first. Going up the pay scales weekly.

My friend, also has nothing posting in his account and he makes 70k.

Same process with mailing. Lowest earning is processed fist and week by week go up the income levels.
The more you make the longer it may take is what I would tell your buddies.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone...

Do you think a 2060 SUPER can handle this monitor for gaming?
Or would I need a 2070 / 2070 SUPER?

Are you a human?

That monitor is SICK.... and pretty damn attractive price. Same price (lower quality obviously) as the curved non ultra wide screen 1440p I was going to get.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Same process with mailing. Lowest earning is processed fist and week by week go up the income levels.
The more you make the longer it may take is what I would tell your buddies.

That is smart. I wish it were faster overall but good to get it to the most needy first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad