OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Governor Cuomo Issues Guidance on Essential Services Under The 'New York State on PAUSE' Executive Order

For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, "Essential Business," means:
1. Essential Health Care Operations, Including:
  • research and laboratory services
  • hospitals
  • walk-in-care health facilities
  • emergency veterinary and livestock services
  • elder care
  • medical wholesale and distribution
  • home health care workers or aides for the elderly
  • doctor and emergency dental
  • nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
  • medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers
Sounds like a no to me... but what do I know. Maybe causing strokes via vertebral artery dissections during neck manipulations is considered essential these days.

Thanks, I'm calling 311 right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Governor Cuomo Issues Guidance on Essential Services Under The 'New York State on PAUSE' Executive Order

For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, "Essential Business," means:
1. Essential Health Care Operations, Including:
  • research and laboratory services
  • hospitals
  • walk-in-care health facilities
  • emergency veterinary and livestock services
  • elder care
  • medical wholesale and distribution
  • home health care workers or aides for the elderly
  • doctor and emergency dental
  • nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
  • medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers
Sounds like a no to me... but what do I know. Maybe causing strokes via vertebral artery dissections during neck manipulations is considered essential these days.

The office is officially physical therapy and rehabilitation.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
n1096jvpw0o41.png

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's going to take a while. Today in NYS around 5000 new cases added and over 15000 total. I don't think all of them are hospitalized or on ventilators but Cuomo says NYS has 6000 ventilators total. We can't afford to have more days like that or people are going to start dying in big numbers. Cuomo also said the federal govt. has about 12000 ventilators but he also added there are 50 states that are clamoring for them.

Forget about banks, forget about jobs, forget about the economy, forget about next hockey season. This state and quite possibly/probably this entire country is going to turn into one big gigantic hospital soon. People are going to have to put their social lives on hold and I mean really. No one should be out and about without a real good reason. We're really going to need that vaccine to get anything restarted again. At least that's the way it looks to me today.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It's going to take a while. Today in NYS around 5000 new cases added and over 15000 total. I don't think all of them are hospitalized or on ventilators but Cuomo says NYS has 6000 ventilators total. We can't afford to have more days like that or people are going to start dying in big numbers. Cuomo also said the federal govt. has about 12000 ventilators but he also added there are 50 states that are clamoring for them.

Forget about banks, forget about jobs, forget about the economy, forget about next hockey season. This state and quite possibly/probably this entire country is going to turn into one big gigantic hospital soon. People are going to have to put their social lives on hold and I mean really. No one should be out and about without a real good reason. We're really going to need that vaccine to get anything restarted again. At least that's the way it looks to me today.

I saw a Finnish research that had actual infected persons being 20-30 times higher than the positive tests — in the countries that performs the most tests right now.

Since a majority of the persons infected have no to very mild symptoms that doesn’t sound unlikely.

If it is true for NY, things look pretty grim.

But, even if it took a while, last week and next week have still enabled massive actions to improve capacity. Italy is 4-5 weeks ahead of NY for example, and they are seeing the biggest impact right now.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Just to give a little positive news. My wife is a nurse in a big specialized NYC hospital and she had a couple patients tested today and both came back negative. So while the infected rate is obviously a lot higher than we know due to the lack of testing there are at least some people still in NYC who don't have it.

On the flip side, my sister who was tested 4 days ago STILL doesn't even have her results back yet. So the number of reported infected are going to really skyrocket just when all of these delayed results start lagging in along with all the testing that is now happening with a much quicker turn around. The numbers are going to look very very bad this next week.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know if I should be happy about all of the undiagnosed cases meaning a lower mortality rate or be scared about the spread.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Now, my mom might be considered essential, this bullshit never ends. A f***ing medical biller is apparently essential.
In a time like this, they sure as hell are.

My mom is an audit nurse (the people who audit people like your mother) and she's still working, albeit from home.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In a time like this, they sure as hell are.

My mom is an audit nurse (the people who audit people like your mother) and she's still working, albeit from home.

She's not working for an office that sees Coronavirus patients though. So I have no idea why they're essential, it's physical therapy and Rehabilitation.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
She's not working for an office that sees Coronavirus patients though. So I have no idea why they're essential, it's physical therapy and Rehabilitation.
Oh. Well in that case...not entirely sure.

The "essential" marker might just be a blanket tag for all medical facilities. Both hospitals and out-patient.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

the guidelines given out by the govt is so vague and half-assed that 95% of people could probably qualify as essential on a technicality...so you basically have to hope that individual companies have common sense (LOL) to let employees know what jobs are essential and which can be done remotely or whatever

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
She said she can't work from home because she has physical paperwork. I said "they can scan it". She said no one will scan it. So it must not be that important then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad