OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads. Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it. Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.

It is becoming apparent that threadbans/infractions aren't enough for some people. The next step is a forum ban until hockey season starts.

We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Here is a tracker from Johns Hopkins.

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
f*** your hands and wash the Devils!

BADCECC9-F243-4A64-969E-42A4F9AB74B5.gif

Reactions: Machinehead

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
obviously its because NY is doing the most testing but the number of cases in NY vs the rest of the country is mind blowing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
obviously its because NY is doing the most testing but the number of cases in NY vs the rest of the country is mind blowing.
Yeah, it's hard to tell the real spread rate because of how much more testing NY is doing. Undoubtedly high, but probably not as high as the rates have shown so far.

The answer will be somewhere in between as the testing catches up. Still...not great.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

I would have been surprised if the numbers were any different. 8.5 million people packed like sardines on an island that is also the busiest international airport in the country.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don't think we are far behind here in GA. We have tripled in cases since Friday afternoon.

surprise, surprise - St Patrick’s day parades, bars and restaurants open like there was no virus was around as of last Tuesday. What were they thinking? Was anybody thinking? (Not a personal attack to you)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
surprise, surprise - St Patrick’s day parades, bars and restaurants open like there was no virus was around as of last Tuesday. What were they thinking? Was anybody thinking? (Not a personal attack to you)
Oh I feel ya. I don’t get why people are being so f***ing stupid.

I live in a city in GA where we have liquor laws that you can’t purchase booze before 12 on Sunday but my city has no open container laws so you can walk around with booze. Makes no sense. Anyway, most of our local restaurants were offering bar ready to go drinks - even putting signs on the side of the road. It helps keep them in business and also helps with social distancing. My wife and I got Mexican last night and half a gallon of their house made margaritas. :dunno: what’s so bad about it. Get your drinks and then stay home.

Reactions: Barnaby

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
You can have alcohol delivered to your home in CA now, including cocktails mixed at bars. At least here in the Bay Area.

Whatever keeps people at home is good in my eyes...

Edit: Those bars are not open for customers, just to be able to sell alcohol for pickup/delivery.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You can have alcohol delivered to your home in CA now, including cocktails mixed at bars. At least here in the Bay Area.

Whatever keeps people at home is good in my eyes...

Edit: Those bars are not open for customers, just to be able to sell alcohol for pickup/delivery.
It is a win win. People get their booze. Bars still get some business.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My mom works for a chiropractor/PT type of medical office. Do you guys know if they're exempt from the lockdown? I read their exemption list and it includes "doctors", but that's so broad. Does anyone know at least what number I can call to get that answer?

Edit: She's a medical biller, so I'm not sure how essential she is.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Trump announces 4 emergency hospitals opening in NY along with the naval hospital ship.

If only he knew how bad he would look handling things the way he did 3 weeks ago. It would never have come to this and we could have been close to finished with this shit.

complete cluster f*** that could have and should have been avoided and there is literally no excuse, there was ample time to prepare.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If only he knew how bad he would look handling things the way he did 3 weeks ago. It would never have come to this and we could have been close to finished with this shit.

complete cluster f*** that could have and should have been avoided and there is literally no excuse, there was ample time to prepare.

He could have done whatever 3 weeks ago and it would have still been just as bad. People only took this serious when it got serious.

KFC

May 24, 2004
Long Island
Does anyone have insight into whether chiropractors and the like are considered essential?

Governor Cuomo Issues Guidance on Essential Services Under The 'New York State on PAUSE' Executive Order

For purposes of Executive Order 202.6, "Essential Business," means:
1. Essential Health Care Operations, Including:
  • research and laboratory services
  • hospitals
  • walk-in-care health facilities
  • emergency veterinary and livestock services
  • elder care
  • medical wholesale and distribution
  • home health care workers or aides for the elderly
  • doctor and emergency dental
  • nursing homes, or residential health care facilities or congregate care facilities
  • medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers
Sounds like a no to me... but what do I know. Maybe causing strokes via vertebral artery dissections during neck manipulations is considered essential these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad