Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Fair enough. I didn't realize Health Canada released a statement this morning confirming that there is no evidence of adverse events.

Yeah, I won't be surprised if most of those countries who stopped its use will start it up again shortly.

However, it is an inferior vaccine because it offers less protection towards the varients

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Those lives may be short lived for the anti vaccine folks.

Why do you say that? I’d guess that the “anti vaccine” crowd is probably younger and not as susceptible to the damaging effects of COVID-19.

I’m talking strictly COVID here. Not anti vaxxers in the broad sense.

I’m certainly not lining up for the COVID vaccine. I’ll take it if I have to

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Why do you say that? I’d guess that the “anti vaccine” crowd is probably younger and not as susceptible to the damaging effects of COVID-19.

I’m talking strictly COVID here. Not anti vaxxers in the broad sense.

I’m certainly not lining up for the COVID vaccine. I’ll take it if I have to

Agreed, not an anti vaxxer but I will not be lining up for this one

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why? Aren't the most vulnerable protected now? Anyone over 60 can get a shot.

No the 60-64 , AZ shot is only available in certain test areas across the province. Peel, Toronto I think, Kingston and a couple of other places.

80 and over started booking yesterday

Reactions: Confucius

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sounds like Ford, might be changing the pilot project for 60-64 in a couple of cities after AZ now recommended for over 65.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
March 16, 2021, 10:36
Fred VanVleet didn’t have to wait long to find out what COVID-19 was all about -- at least firsthand.
The Toronto Raptors point tested positive for the virus on the weekend of Feb. 27-28 and was immediately booked into a hotel room in downtown Tampa, isolating himself from his wife and children as required.
And not long after the symptoms hit.
“I think the weirdest thing is everybody I talked to has a different experience, but for me, I can just speak for myself. tested positive [and] had the symptoms pretty soon after that: back sore, body aches -- just feel like I played three nights in a row -- sore, headache, my eyes were hurting, I didn’t have the shortness of breath or anything like that, [but] I had a fever for a day-and-a-half, two days, but definitely nothing like anything I’ve ever had.
“I could feel that it was something different, I could feel the sickness, I could just feel it in me, I could feel it in my bones, in my muscles, in my blood, it just was something that was taking over my body for a short period of time and a lot of rest, a lot of Tylenol, a lot of waiting (for) it, once it passed… I felt perfectly fine again. Obviously, I was a little fatigued and the body was a little beat up just from the sickness passing through, but my symptoms didn’t last that long, but I probably would say I had two bad days, two really bad days and after that I was ok.”

Man this virus is so weird it is frightening ... everyone has such different symptoms ... i found same thing got it, got symptoms right away (different from Fred) thought I was done for when chest pain/breathing issues were intense and then recovered just as fast ... 4/5 days it was completely gone ... hope he did not give to his wife and kids ... i was lucky and did not pass to them

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Fred VanVleet didn’t have to wait long to find out what COVID-19 was all about -- at least firsthand.
The Toronto Raptors point tested positive for the virus on the weekend of Feb. 27-28 and was immediately booked into a hotel room in downtown Tampa, isolating himself from his wife and children as required.
“I think the weirdest thing is everybody I talked to has a different experience, but for me, I can just speak for myself. tested positive [and] had the symptoms pretty soon after that: back sore, body aches -- just feel like I played three nights in a row -- sore, headache, my eyes were hurting, I didn’t have the shortness of breath or anything like that, [but] I had a fever for a day-and-a-half, two days, but definitely nothing like anything I’ve ever had.
“I could feel that it was something different, I could feel the sickness, I could just feel it in me, I could feel it in my bones, in my muscles, in my blood, it just was something that was taking over my body for a short period of time and a lot of rest, a lot of Tylenol, a lot of waiting (for) it, once it passed… I felt perfectly fine again. Obviously, I was a little fatigued and the body was a little beat up just from the sickness passing through, but my symptoms didn’t last that long, but I probably would say I had two bad days, two really bad days and after that I was ok.”

Man this virus is so weird it is frightening ... everyone has such different symptoms ... i found same thing got it, got symptoms right away (different from Fred) thought I was done for when chest pain/breathing issues were intense and then recovered just as fast ... 4/5 days it was completely gone ... hope he did not give to his wife and kids ... i was lucky and did not pass to them

If you have ever had influenza it’s pretty similar. I was toast for a week and I was young and healthy. The after effects lasted weeks as well.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If you have ever had influenza it’s pretty similar. I was toast for a week and I was young and healthy. The after effects lasted weeks as well.
I had no flu or fever for my 4 days of it ... but i had extreme pressure on my chest like a fat guy standing on my chest for 3 days and had a hard time breathing too i brought in a home oxygen machine to help me ... i figure because i took my flu shot i did not get any fever symptoms at all ... but no one knows as everyone has different symptoms ... it came just as fast as it left me maybe a small cough for a day or two then gone

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I had a case of pneumonia in the 90s. I was super fit and in my 20s at the time. Floored me, couldn't do anything for days. Doesn't sound much different than above tbh.

I have to wonder how much people's interpretation of their symptoms is influenced by all of the Covid info coming at them all of the time.

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Of course. So I'll just ask again: if we now have everyone vaccinated in LTCs and we're working on people in their 80s plus other vulnerable people and presumably soon everyone over 70, does this matter?

Headline story this morning on CBC news about speech and language developmental problems surfacing in infants and toddlers now due to masks. Hits close to home because my wife does this for a living but I imagine most other in here have a similar close-to-home experience about lockdown fallout. At what point does even the biggest Covid alarmist start wondering when the cure is worse than the disease? I mean, there has to be a line where ruining lives outweighs saving them...right?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Of course. So I'll just ask again: if we now have everyone vaccinated in LTCs and we're working on people in their 80s plus other vulnerable people and presumably soon everyone over 70, does this matter?

Headline story this morning on CBC news about speech and language developmental problems surfacing in infants and toddlers now due to masks. Hits close to home because my wife does this for a living but I imagine most other in here have a similar close-to-home experience about lockdown fallout. At what point does even the biggest Covid alarmist start wondering when the cure is worse than the disease? I mean, there has to be a line where ruining lives outweighs saving them...right?

You are 100% correct, we might not see the fallout for years to come. Also, imagine for athletes/front line workers. Are they getting stuff stuck up their noses everyday for testing, or do they have different testing methods for them?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

I will explain.

LTC' residents were not filling up the hospitals. Those over 70 made up just 50% of those hospitalized.

So they will not open until they vaccinate majority of population.

Deaths should not rise again, and hospitalizations should be about 50% of where they were unless the varient is indeed more severe.

There hasn't been a LTC death in over a week and the past month they make up less than 10% of all deaths so once over 80 is done it will become a very small number.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I will explain.

LTC' residents were not filling up the hospitals. Those over 70 made up just 50% of those hospitalized.

So they will not open until they vaccinate majority of population.

Deaths should not rise again, and hospitalizations should be about 50% of where they were unless the varient is indeed more severe.

There hasn't been a LTC death in over a week and the past month they make up less than 10% of all deaths so once over 80 is done it will become a very small number.

Well then since LTC deaths made up 70% of our deaths, what's the problem now? We're averaging less than 10 deaths a day currently due to Covid. 300 people die every day from other causes. What's different?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Well then since LTC deaths made up 70% of our deaths, what's the problem now? We're averaging less than 10 deaths a day currently due to Covid. 300 people die every day from other causes. What's different?

I don't have that answer. I just figured out why they won't allow us to open. Or at least what their reasoning is.

I was still under the impression lockdowns were to prevent hospitals being overwhelmed. Which apparantly they are not

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Da real answer is we don't have enough hospitals/hospital beds in general and docs/nurses to manage constant load of people with any kind of surge like COVID ... we have been downsizing hospitals/healthcare for over 50 years consistently ... we got rid of our world class vaccine lab ... our forefathers worked hard to give us da best healthcare system in world bar none and we have slowly screwed it up ... we continued to bring in too many immigrants while at same time downsizing healthcare .. da numbers are laughable if you review them ... people do not realize what a joke we really are here whether in Canada or worldwide

Chart 1. Hospital Beds Per 1000 (population) By Province 2013-14 Newfoundland & Labrador 4.6 New Brunswick 3.8 Saskatchewan 3.6 Nova Scotia 3.4 Manitoba 3.3 PEI 3.3 British Columbia 3 Alberta 2.8 Ontario 2.3 Average other provinces 3.5 Ontario Health Coalition calculations from: Canadian Institute for Health Information, Data Table: Hospital Beds Staffed and in Operation 2013-14. Population statistics from Canadian Institute for Health Information, National Health Expenditures Database 2015. Not only has Ontario cut more hospital beds than any other province in Canada, we also now rank at the bottom of international data on hospital beds per population. Compared to 33 countries of the OECD, Ontario is third last in hospital beds per capita, followed only by Mexico and Turkey. Chart 2. OECD Hospital Beds Per 1000 Population 2013 Japan 13.3 Korea 11.0 Germany 8.3 Austria 7.7 Hungary 7.0 Poland 6.6 Czech Republic 6.5 France 6.3 Belgium 6.3 Slovak Republic 5.8 Luxembourg 5.1 Estonia 5.0 Finland 4.9 Greece 4.8 Switzerland 4.7 Slovenia 4.6 Norway 3.9 Australia 3.8 Italy 3.4 Portugal 3.4 Iceland 3.2 Israel 3.1 Denmark 3.1 Spain 3.0 United States 2.9 Ireland 2.8 New Zealand 2.8 United Kingdom 2.8 Canada 2.7 Turkey 2.7 Sweden 2.6 Ontario 2.3 Chile 2.2 Mexico 1.6 OECD Average 4.8 Source: OECD, Health Statistics 2015 at http://stats.oecd.org/Index.asp

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Just add this

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad