Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Do we know why they are not approving AZ? It's not good enough for Americans but hey it's fine for Mexicans and Canadians? hmmmm
Yes uncle SAM has decided to run a stage 3 test of 50,000 people who are older and with pre-existing conditions which will be done in about 8 weeks and then say 3 weeks to review results so likely if things go well approval in late spring/summer ... but it may not go well in which case they may not approve it ... it clearly is their 4th choice ... so why not take it?????????????? Uncle SAM has 30M doses right now bought and paid for in storage in USA ... I would think as their closest trading partner we could get all 30M doses and be a huge Beta test for them and get all Canadians vaccinated by end of April 2021

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yes uncle SAM has decided to run a stage 3 test of 50,000 people who are older and with pre-existing conditions which will be done in about 8 weeks and then say 3 weeks to review results so likely if things go well approval in late spring/summer ... but it may not go well in which case they may not approve it ... it clearly is their 4th choice ... so why not take it?????????????? Uncle SAM has 30M doses right now bought and paid for in storage in USA ... I would think as their closest trading partner we could get all 30M doses and be a huge Beta test for them and get all Canadians vaccinated by end of April 2021
Well they are sending 1.5 million doses but it seems they don't want cash they want dose for dose repayment, which is strange? I wonder if they are sending us Zeneca today for pfizer tomorrow, lol.

Anyway 1747 cases today, why are we even having a 3rd wave did the lockdowns not work?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Well they are sending 1.5 million doses but it seems they don't want cash they want dose for dose repayment, which is strange? I wonder if they are sending us Zeneca today for pfizer tomorrow, lol.

We are in a never ending limbo. Not really locked down but not really open.

Anyway 1747 cases today, why are we even having a 3rd wave did the lockdowns not work?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

They are sending us 1.5 million now, when Canada's 20 million doses of AZ are coming in May/June ?, they get the 1.5 million back from the 20 million shipment.

The stricter lockdowns ended over a month ago, except for GTA, now they are going back up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

12 schools shut down in Peel today and 9 more should have been ... we have outbreaks everywhere here ... most of province has virtually nothing ... i wonder if province will do like Montreal did yesterday and focus on areas in schools in Peel where hot spots are located ... otherwise it will be Halton and Toronto taking our COVID cases again ... thanks to our emerg docs esp my friend at Trillium ... these guys are working 18 hours a day here folks in very very bad conditions here

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

The lockdowns did work but the new rise in cases are due to the variants. They are hoping not to lock us down again. With more getting vaccinated it should help.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They are sending us 1.5 million now, when Canada's 20 million doses of AZ are coming in May/June ?, they get the 1.5 million back from the 20 million shipment.

The stricter lockdowns ended over a month ago, except for GTA, now they are going back up.
Ahh I was waiting for the ease of restrictions was cited as the reason. Cases were trending up before the ease. As we duly made not of earlier in the thread.

The virus does what it is going to do the world over.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
12 schools shut down in Peel today and 9 more should have been ... we have outbreaks everywhere here ... most of province has virtually nothing ... i wonder if province will do like Montreal did yesterday and focus on areas in schools in Peel where hot spots are located ... otherwise it will be Halton and Toronto taking our COVID cases again ... thanks to our emerg docs esp my friend at Trillium ... these guys are working 18 hours a day here folks in very very bad conditions here
and this in spite of businesses being closed in Peel ... folks it is da schools which are da super spreaders

Reactions: Confucius

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Outbreak is such a harsh word, especially when it means it could be 2 cases.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Outbreak is such a harsh word, especially when it means it could be 2 cases.
Dude we had UK and SA variants here in Peel 1st like a month ago when a condo at 10/Burnhamthorpe was infested with a few families who came back from travel ... one school has over 26 cases of variant affecting 22 students and 4 teachers ... one teacher is in ICU ... it is already too late for us ...

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Dude we had UK and SA variants here in Peel 1st like a month ago when a condo at 10/Burnhamthorpe was infested with a few families who came back from travel ... one school has over 26 cases of variant affecting 22 students and 4 teachers ... one teacher is in ICU ... it is already too late for us ...
The last line made me think, ...save yourselves head for the bush. lol

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
There is hope! I'm in the Peel school system and getting my vaccine today. Teacher shots will be coming soon enough.....

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Peel is still in lockdown, so basically people didn’t self quarantine and spread it around the building. Nice of them

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
There is hope! I'm in the Peel school system and getting my vaccine today. Teacher shots will be coming soon enough.....
Excellent news ... great to hear they are vaccinating teachers/staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... to me we should shut down in class learning in Peel until all teachers/staff i Peel are vaccinated

Reactions: Confucius

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Lock downs worked, this is what happens when you ease restrictions, some people are ignorant to common sense.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Excellent news ... great to hear they are vaccinating teachers/staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... to me we should shut down in class learning in Peel until all teachers/staff i Peel are vaccinated
Thanks! I received the email yesterday and, 1 hour later, was already booked for today! So they're starting with us "support staff", but I have to believe that teachers are not too far behind. Especially in Peel. It just makes sense to start here and Toronto with the school-based vaccinations given that we're the hardest hit.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Lock downs worked, this is what happens when you ease restrictions, some people are ignorant to common sense.

But they never eased restrictions in Peel. Travel has always been allowed for some unknown reason. Lockdowns would not prevent this, especially in a high density apartment where most people probably don’t wear a mask or don’t acknowledge social distancing

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
But they never eased restrictions in Peel. Travel has always been allowed for some unknown reason. Lockdowns would not prevent this, especially in a high density apartment where most people probably don’t wear a mask or don’t acknowledge social distancing
I hate to say it because it would have restricted peoples movement under charter of rights and freedoms in Canada but that d*mn condo building should have been locked down for 2 weeks for sake of greater good ... Peel health brought a team of people into lobby and set up testing right there ... they knew about it ... they did not protect us ... and feds allowed people to fly in here ... it ticks me off when we know we have a problem which likely was a problem even a week or two before they figured it out ... sometimes you have to do what you have to do

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Biden took a dumb position that the US would not share doses until all Americans are vaccinated. The "loan" is his way of giving us and Mexico doses without backing down on his hardline position. “We didn't *give* them doses, we lent them doses.“

It's hilarious.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Biden took a dumb position that the US would not share doses until all Americans are vaccinated. The "loan" is his way of giving us and Mexico doses without backing down on his hardline position. “We didn't *give* them doses, we lent them doses.“

It's hilarious.
Yes it is political posturing for sure ... but I'd rather get them then not ... Trudeau does same cr*p too

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
and this in spite of businesses being closed in Peel ... folks it is da schools which are da super spreaders

I was thinking about this, regarding the schools. I think the case counts may be a bit misleading due to the strict nature of the school rules/protocols. For one, I'm convinced the virus was ripping through all schools previously amongst asymptomatic kids, many of whom weren't tested. Then when they were doing virtual learning, if they had a little sniffle, they'd do what they did every year and just ride it out. Now? You so dare sneeze at school you are required to get a COVID test, which I'm sure is picking up all these cases from students who otherwise wouldn't have known they had the virus if they weren't forced to go get tested.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I was thinking about this, regarding the schools. I think the case counts may be a bit misleading due to the strict nature of the school rules/protocols. For one, I'm convinced the virus was ripping through all schools previously amongst asymptomatic kids, many of whom weren't tested. Then when they were doing virtual learning, if they had a little sniffle, they'd do what they did every year and just ride it out. Now? You so dare sneeze at school you are required to get a COVID test, which I'm sure is picking up all these cases from students who otherwise wouldn't have known they had the virus if they weren't forced to go get tested.
Absolutely correct ... da kids are fine ... no one is really even sick ... now we are testing at low levels like 5% of kids at random in Peel now in 3rd wave ... i bet virtually every kid is asymptomatic .. da issue was same in both first 2 waves i am sure but no one knew as no testing or virtually none except for end of wave 2 .. but that is not even da real issue ... da real issue is passing it to parents and then grandparent when it becomes a health care problem

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
FTFY. For a seemingly smart man, grammar isn't your strong suit (and that's just the the's :laugh:)

Now on topic, hopefully they expand the regional pool for the next round of pharmacies instead of just keeping it to the GTA/Kingston.

Looks like starting Monday rest of province over 60 can get AZ vaccine, just announced today, not much info yet.
Says Pharmacy or Doctors office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark