Coronavirus and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Welp, I’ll talk to you all hopefully sooner than later... as long as we are all aren’t dead.

this is just the beginning. Concerts. Gatherings. Events. Sports (baseball probably next). It’s all getting canceled.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Today in a nutshell.

giphy.gif

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Just take normal precautions, keep hydrated, keep your immune system up and the chance of dying of coronovirus is far less than getting killed by being struck by a car.
I think even without precautions middle age healthy ppl won't die from it. There is a huge risk to infect older ppl like parents which is feared.

Reactions: g00n

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The amount of panik is just infuriating. I hate the media for driving this off a cliff for the sake of keeping people glued to their product. I also hate the current society that is driving everyone to be overly cautious with these decisions, because the second somebody says “carry on” and a person get the flu they will get butchered for that decision.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The amount of panik is just infuriating. I hate the media for driving this off a cliff for the sake of keeping people glued to their product. I also hate the current society that is driving everyone to be overly cautious with these decisions, because the second somebody says “carry on” and a person get the flu they will get butchered for that decision.

It’s just not smart to suggest corporations around the world send their employees into harms way. Liability is a real expensive thing.

I assume you are a skeptic of all this and it’s way overblown?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Definitely the media hysteria is driving this.

It's almost like the media has an agenda, or something.

Reactions: Corby78

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Definitely the media hysteria is driving this.

It's almost like the media has an agenda, or something.
Fun fact, if the media wanted to stretch this out and cover it for months the best thing they could do is downplay it right now like you are, so the spread continues.

Your cynicism is getting the better of you, or maybe it’s youth, but either way your rationale is suffering.

edit: oh wow, I quoted the response and not the original. Whatever, same deal

Reactions: Calicaps

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
It’s just not smart to suggest corporations around the world send their employees into harms way. Liability is a real expensive thing.

The seasonal flu has already killed well over 10,000 in the USA alone, this year. Elderly people are the vast majority in this. I am very confident that a number of those people contracted the flu at an NHL game.

If they want to cancel NHL games, that's their right. It's their product.

Just think it's a wild overreaction driven by media hysteria who have an agenda.

Reactions: Heath

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
The seasonal flu has already killed well over 10,000 in the USA alone, this year. Elderly people are the vast majority in this. I am very confident that a number of those people contracted the flu at an NHL game.

If they want to cancel NHL games, that's their right. It's their product.

Just think it's s wild overreaction driven by media hysteria who have an agenda.
I noticed similar behavior about the weather, they always predict the end of the world, but we get a little rain afternoon.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Fun fact, if the media wanted to stretch this out and cover it for months the best thing they could do is downplay it right now like you are, so the spread continues.

Your cynicism is getting the better of you, or maybe it’s youth, but either way your rationale is suffering.

edit: oh wow, I quoted the response and not the original. Whatever, same deal

Naw. The media chases after what sells newspapers/clicks.

Where is the hue and cry for the million + that die from malaria every year? Something that is easily preventable.

Reactions: Corby78

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

In regards to the danger it presents yes. I’m not saying there isn’t a new flu strand, I’m saying it’s not any different than any new strand that has happened over the last couple decades. The difference with this and the bird flu is we now have social media and socially wait around to butcher people anytime we disagree with them. We are currently wrecking economies over a flu strand that isn’t killing anyone that wouldn’t be dying from any other flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad