Coronavirus and the Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Mod edit: This is a hockey forum. Obviously this is a topic that transcends the sport, so we are allowing a thread on it, but site rules still apply. Politics, personal attacks or insults, conspiracy theories, posting inappropriate comments, etc are still prohibited against sites rules and will be dealt with accordingly. If you cross the line you'll get banned from the thread.

NBA today suspended their entire season.

wonder if nhl follows suit?

also, as a season ticket holder I wonder what is going on. No updates at all besides the city recommended no gatherings over 1,000 people - but that’s likely to change soon/any day.

Very tough situation. Sucks.

I feel like this is such a big deal in Caps/sports now that this (unfortunately) deserves its own thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 15, 2007
NHL will definitely follow suit.

Just a matter of time.

Jun 15, 2007
Again, just trying to find a brightside here.

The Caps have a pretty good cap situation going into next season. If the cap decreases because of the loss in revenue, the Caps will come out of it better than say a team like Toronto.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
They need to suspend the season now. It sucks but they have to be safe about it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
NHL will suspend and puck up with playoffs in June. Modified format. Too 4 in each conference and shorter series

Jun 15, 2007
Cancel the season and have the playoffs in the summer seems like a good idea.

Top teams by points right now get in. Play -in game if there's a team that could get in with their games in hand.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I just want them to finish the regular season.

Ovi needs those games for the record.

He already missed 1.5 season.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
The answer is simple.
1) Commandeer a small town in the north of the continent which has a hockey rink.
2) sterilize it and transport all NHL players and staff there.
3) lockdown the town so no one gets in or out.
4) play the rest of the season end to end 24/7 on the one rink.

I’m happy to chip in for this content.

Reactions: Heath

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I think if you have a good immune system you will just spreading disease instead of getting symptoms. That's why I think quarantine won't help much. There are probably a lot of ppl infected on the streets. IMO

Yeah, even if it doesn't affect you that much, you are still a carrier that could hurt loved ones, family and friends. Especially older people or even younger people with pre-existing conditions like me :/

Doc explicitly told me to shut myself in for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: shtorm2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad