Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Think of all the good times and the friends you made along the way.

There were many of those. Actually traveled to meet a few of my gaming buddies from that game once. It was great! Thought it might be awkward, but not at all.

So they made that South Park epi about you?

When that episode launched, it's all anyone in the game would talk about for weeks straight. South Park did such a good job with it, getting actual help from Blizzard.

Have you ever seen "The Guild"? I watched it and thought it was funny as hell. My best friend had a friend and their S.O. who were literally addicted to it and he's like, yeah, that wasn't a funny show. There were definitely people who were that way.

Oh yes! As one of those dudes, I absolutely related to some of their weirdness. Of course it's way exaggerated, but there's bits of truth in all of it. You can tell Felicia Day had first hand experience. Speaking of...

I'm pretty sure Bench is Felicia Day's mysterious baby daddy.

f***, I wish.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There were many of those. Actually traveled to meet a few of my gaming buddies from that game once. It was great! Thought it might be awkward, but not at all.
I still talk to a couple Canadians I met on wow every day on whatsapp (mainly about hockey) and was supposed to go to one's wedding on July 4th of this year, then covid happened. They rescheduled for 2021 and I will be going then. I met up and got a beer with a different guy from a different time period when he was in town in September.
It's actually crazy how easy it is to keep in contact with these people now with stuff like Discord.

Reactions: Bench

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
LPT: Use the middle mouse wheel to open a new tab in your browser of a link you just clicked on. Just found this out by accident.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

The virus starts spreading after 10 p.m.! Listen to the scientists hahahaahh

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Gavin Newsom isn't a scientist smart guy.
Even if he was a scientist claypool would say he's an idiot. After all, scientists like Fauci are just in it for the power grab.

Radiologists though, those are the virus experts nowadays. (Scott Atlas)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

The virus starts spreading after 10 p.m.! Listen to the scientists hahahaahh

It's saying don't go out to dinner/bar/other large gatherings. It's just like the 6 ft social distancing. They need to give it a finite type of ruling. The vast majority of the public has no reason to be out and about at 10 pm-5 am. The people who would be out at that time who are not essential workers would be going to bars (inside or out), going to friends houses in groups (inside or out), etc.

Also, we need to avoid actions like these. Damage to the Ionosphere is not something I want to see.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Even if he was a scientist claypool would say he's an idiot. After all, scientists like Fauci are just in it for the power grab.

Radiologists though, those are the virus experts nowadays. (Scott Atlas)

Scott Atlas just wants to rise up, kick a little ass, climb on a mountain, sew a flag, fly on an eagle. Kick some butt, drive a big truck, rule this world and kick some ass. Lastly, he's gonna rise up and kick a little ass. R, F, Eagle.

Reactions: Ezekial

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Are you already an owner of the new PS5/Xbox systems?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Speaking of gaming, I'm using any and every excuse to delay dropping gobs of money on a Nintendo Switch. And the news of the upgraded hardware seems like a perfect candidate for an excuse. Thoughts?

"Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man, I couldn't picture this..."

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Dude, I do NOT want those stats. No.

When World of Warcraft was at its peak and I was hopelessly addicted, I used the in game command to tell me my total hours played.

I remember it was in the months range. As in, 24/7 literally doing nothing else for months.

Still shakes me to this day.
Alliance or Horde?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Are you already an owner of the new PS5/Xbox systems?

I am not. I'm actually typing this on my new PC. Woo! Finally got everything just hooked up the new monitor not 10 minutes ago.

Alliance or Horde?

Majority of the original time was Alliance. Night Elf Druid. That was the only character I did any raiding on, like Molten Core.

For Burning Crusade I made an Orc Warlock.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The vast majority of the public has no reason to be out and about at 10 pm-5 am.

I sure do love when the government tells me when I get to go outside.

At this point, why not force people to stay home all day? We're only a few steps away from bringing out the welding torches.

Reactions: Red Stanley

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

At this point, why not force people to stay home all day? We're only a few steps away from bringing out the welding torches.
The government tells you what you can and cannot do all the time. You just happen to not like where they're drawing the line at the moment.

And spare the hyperbole about the welding torches. No measures either implemented or proposed have been anywhere near that crazy. Especially since you don't seem to be offering details on another way to fix things.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

You sure are worried about these mythical welding torches. Do you live in a shipping container?

Reactions: Bench

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
You sure are worried about these mythical welding torches. Do you live in a shipping container?

I'm not going to knock what you can do with shipping containers.

grand-designs-shipping-container-house2-990x665.jpg

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

You can't be serious.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The kind that will let him shit all over your crappy rig. :wedgie:

Hey, I was using a PC I originally built in 2011. The graphics card was a GTX 460 and I thought I was styling with a 1TB platter drive. Over the years I had put in an SSD updated the graphics card to a GTX 970, but it struggled with anything released in the last few years.

It's still running strong and it's going to the partner for her home work computer.

What specs we talking here?

AMD Ryzen 5600x and RTX 3080 are the expensive (and hard to find) foundation.

My lady was getting the car repaired next to a local Microcenter so I scribbled down the model numbers on a piece of paper for her and thought, "Hell, why not, while you're waiting...". She went to the store, handed my note to the clerk and walked out with both those parts at 1pm the day the new AMD chips came out (they sold out instantly online). Keep in mind, for the 3080, people had been waiting in lines outside stores for 48+hours. So to just walk in on a random Thursday and get one... my dumb luck knows no bounds.

For people not familiar with the weird graphics cards shortages going on right now, here's a video that will give you a general idea how strange it's become.

Reactions: Ricelund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad