Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I am sympathetic to people who feel so f***ed over they storm the capitol, in the same way I am sympathetic to the people who feel so f***ed over they burned police stations, set businesses on fire and beat people up.

I don't condone them. They should be punished.

However, I am sympathetic to their plight. I am sympathetic to the way they've been manipulated.

I have less sympathy for the educated comfortable class who sit at home, ordering food deliveries and amazon (not thinking of the kitchen workers, farmers, warehouse workers or delivery drivers), who moralize about masks and social distancing while collecting full paychecks while working from home....
And who talk about the white working class the same way lot of the white working class talks about blacks and immigrants.
These people who could - if they wanted - demand real reform. But instead to choose to protect their comfort.

These people are supposedly educated - and yet they're playing their part in the slow destruction of the country.

Shut. Up. You write for a living. You are one of those cozy, white comfortables. And now you are just attempting your twisted version of virtue signaling. I am among the people you are describing so ignorantly homogeneously. I've kicked a couple delivery drivers out of my business for not wearing a mask. Screw them. Because the other 30 delivery drivers I deal with are doing the right thing. Tolerating those two shit heads is both wrong, and a disrespect to their peers who are doing it right.

You want to defend the little guy, you big hero? Defend the little guys who are going the extra inch to do the right thing against the little guys who are offended by that last inch and who throw the middle finger up to everyone around them. You want to be on the right side of history? Do that.

Reactions: Ricelund and Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Even though the jest is obvious, we honestly don't know if any of the MAGA crowd here were at the terrorist insurrection in DC on the 6th. This 'Y'all Qaeda' movement is bigger than most of us want believe, and I think many of us, even after the insurrection, still underestimate the treachery they are capable of.

For that reason, I am signing on to your waiver.

I'm so thankful of veterans like yourself that are calling out exactly what that event was and not mincing words. Thanks, brother.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
"I'm doing what I'm doing in this thread because poor Claypool."

Does exerting a ton of energy to come to the defense of a troll make one a troll? Or something else? Inquiring minds want to know.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
"I'm doing what I'm doing in this thread because poor Claypool."

Does exerting a ton of energy to come to the defense of a troll make one a troll? Or something else? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't think CLaypool is a troll.
You do.
You think anyone who disagrees with you is a troll, I guess.
I think Claypool almost surely believes what he's saying.

And I definitely believe what I'm saying.

You can call it contrianism, or trolling.

But I've always sought alternative views. Visited different news sources, shopped different record stores, listened to indie/college radio stations, read obscure authors.

I see no advantage in being the 99th yes in a room of 100.

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Appeal to the group.
Typical circle-jerk debate tactic.

Paint everyone you disagree with in broad strokes. Typical solo-wanker tactic.

I think you're just bitter and lonely because you're wanking all by your lonesome.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think yiu're just bitter and lonely because you're wanking all by your linesome.

Yeah. Good read.
Although, yeah, COVID has made me a bit bitter and lonely at times. Sure would be nice to be hacking and whacking my friends at hockey, and talking shit after the games, again.

People like you supported the laws that prevented us from playing while it was safe, from June through September.
Please don't do that again this year.

These decisions are coming soon. If there's no seasonal resurgence in March - we are going to be in the clear. Don't support bullshit laws based on fearmongering, and bullshit assessments of data.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't think CLaypool is a troll.
You do.
You think anyone who disagrees with you is a troll, I guess.
I think Claypool almost surely believes what he's saying.

And I definitely believe what I'm saying.

You can call it contrianism, or trolling.

But I've always sought alternative views. Visited different news sources, shopped different record stores, listened to indie/college radio stations, read obscure authors.

I see no advantage in being the 99th yes in a room of 100.

Even when the 99 are subscribed to reality and the 1 is a conspiracy theorist. I know. Apparently, you'd defend Jeffrey Dahmer because the other 99 people in the room don't want to eat you. And hell, he probably listened to college radio too. Edgy guy.

You're like Ray Liotta seated for dinner in Hannibal. And Claypool Is Dr Lecter, preparing a delicious meal.

Claypool is not a troll because I disagree with him. Claypool is a troll because 90% of his posts are classic trolling. There's literally nothing in them except material with no supporting evidence that is meant to get a rise out of other posters. But you know this. It just doesn't matter to your contrarian angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad