Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Stooooooooooop. Take your anger and conspiracy theories to Parler, not HFBoards.

My Thanksgiving will consist of the same thing it has for the past 15 years. Get drunk, watch the Lions lose, and stuff my face full of food until I hate life.

Way ahead of you.

Know the Lions will lose.
Hate life already.

The other things are just a normal Thursday, eh?

E (None of this below is directed at your post, Konnan. Just didn't want to doublepost if I could help it)

I mean, can't we all move past this?

Elected officials are hypocrites. HOLY SHIT MY WORLDVIEW IS SHATTERED. A DISHONEST POLITICIAN?

Please, for the love of all that is holy, can we just go back to how much we hate Dan Cleary and Justin Abdelkader's contracts and focus on how doughy Jimmy Howard's tummy gets over the offseason? Can we shoot the shit about funny things? I'm sick and f***ing tired of bantering back and forth in areas where you f***ing know the person on the other side isn't going to change their mind... and you refuse to change yours. You don't have to. You're dug in. You're an American.

Rock, Flag, Eagle, right Charlie?

Reactions: Konnan511

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What about if you saw Macho Man Randy Savage before he passed and he was eating a celery stalk instead of a Slim Jim. Would that mean he was a vegetarian?

Finally someone posting the real questions the rest of us are too afraid to ask.

I, for one, am ready for some excite-MINT.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I agree with what you're saying but when public figures send the wrong message like this, it can only make things worse. They didn't need to have that gathering. You and I individually can look at that and just think, "I don't agree with what he did and I'm not doing that." But if you're a small business owner (especially in the California area) being forced to shut down and layoff a bunch of employees and you see something like that, you'd be really confused and angry. Moreso angry.

I personally think we should take the virus seriously. But I also think it's only fair to expect others to take it as seriously to the extent in which their basic economic livelihoods are stable.
I completely agree that the hypocrisy is wrong, and I think politicians should be taken to task for it. I was just making the point that it's not a good reason for the mitigation practices that they're being hypocritical about to be abandoned.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
So in the spirit of trying to plow ahead:

Question (shoutout to Internet's Weirdest Questions) - If you had access to all the stats of your life, which one(s) would you want to see the most and which one(s) would you want to see the least?

The most for me is How many eggs I've consumed (favorite basic food)? Or daily average hours of sleep achieved within a normal bedtime-frame such as 11PM-8AM after the age of 16 (It's probably around 4.5).

The least for me is probably the amount of money spent that I consider as money wasted. That one probably hurts too much.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Speaking of that Macho Man, you guys think that rumor of him and Steph are true???

Oh, he pounded it out, no doubt.

He's the cream of the crop and he rises to the top.
He's the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. He's funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!

With the fact that McMahon ran him out of there so quickly, there was something that happened. Macho Man was absolutely a freaking stud. He could draw a house like nobody's business.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Question (shoutout to Internet's Weirdest Questions) - If you had access to all the stats of your life, which one(s) would you want to see the most and which one(s) would you want to see the least?

The most for me is How many eggs I've consumed (favorite basic food)? Or daily average hours of sleep achieved within a normal bedtime-frame such as 11PM-8AM after the age of 16 (It's probably around 4.5).

The least for me is probably the amount of money spent that I consider as money wasted. That one probably hurts too much.

Dude, I do NOT want those stats. No.

When World of Warcraft was at its peak and I was hopelessly addicted, I used the in game command to tell me my total hours played.

I remember it was in the months range. As in, 24/7 literally doing nothing else for months.

Still shakes me to this day.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Hmmm.. probably equal most/least would be times I was oblivious to something. Like an interview going well/badly, quantified of missed chances for romantic relationships that I look past for whatever reason.

Outside of that, most? How many slices of pizza I've eaten.
Least? Probably the combined total of all my goalie stats, advanced and otherwise. Man, I rag on Jimmy Howard or Bob Essensa for being in the mid-high 80s.... Hoo boy, my numbers would look like a f***ing nightmare of a "career" of beer league hockey. My great games are like 10 saves on 10 shots.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
How about this question too...

How much would you pay to get like a video game "progress bar". Like you get a quest of "find a job" and you cna see it progress as you do things to better yourself. A little heart or like smiley face/star whatever to indicate what your relationships are actually like. That like the Step Brothers scouting team here would have like 3 or 4 stars completed. It would be a vital tool. A world HUD would be kinda cool.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009

When World of Warcraft was at its peak and I was hopelessly addicted, I used the in game command to tell me my total hours played.

I remember it was in the months range. As in, 24/7 literally doing nothing else for months.

No way you haven't seen that Big Bang Theory episode where Penny gets addicted to an MMORPG.

Hmmm.. probably equal most/least would be times I was oblivious to something. Like an interview going well/badly, quantified of missed chances for romantic relationships that I look past for whatever reason.

Outside of that, most? How many slices of pizza I've eaten.
Least? Probably the combined total of all my goalie stats, advanced and otherwise. Man, I rag on Jimmy Howard or Bob Essensa for being in the mid-high 80s.... Hoo boy, my numbers would look like a f***ing nightmare of a "career" of beer league hockey. My great games are like 10 saves on 10 shots.

Oof, slices of Pizza... My heart aches just thinking of it while my brain lights up like a Christmas Tree.

And hey 1.00% is still 1.00%.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
How about this question too...

How much would you pay to get like a video game "progress bar". Like you get a quest of "find a job" and you cna see it progress as you do things to better yourself. A little heart or like smiley face/star whatever to indicate what your relationships are actually like. That like the Step Brothers scouting team here would have like 3 or 4 stars completed. It would be a vital tool. A world HUD would be kinda cool.

In some situations, yes. The quest for a job like you said. Or like at work when dealing with a project/client that just keeps resurrecting itself with issues and scope creep. Or, like right now I'm trying to somewhat rehab my lower body and the waves in pain level are beyond frustrating.

For other things a progress bar sounds nice but sometimes the unpredictability is necessary.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Think of all the good times and the friends you made along the way.

Reactions: Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

So they made that South Park epi about you?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Have you ever seen "The Guild"? I watched it and thought it was funny as hell. My best friend had a friend and their S.O. who were literally addicted to it and he's like, yeah, that wasn't a funny show. There were definitely people who were that way.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Have you ever seen "The Guild"? I watched it and thought it was funny as hell. My best friend had a friend and their S.O. who were literally addicted to it and he's like, yeah, that wasn't a funny show. There were definitely people who were that way.

I'm pretty sure Bench is Felicia Day's mysterious baby daddy.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Trust the experts and scientists!

(even if they don't follow their own guidance)
k87gASL.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad