OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I know his hands are tied, especially with the holidays around the corner, but I don't think a 10-5 curfew is going to do much of anything to limit the spread.

Maybe it's his way of getting people mentally prepared for the eventual stay-at-home order we actually need to get this virus under control, though that'll probably need to come from the White House to have any sway.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know his hands are tied, especially with the holidays around the corner, but I don't think a 10-5 curfew is going to do much of anything to limit the spread.

Maybe it's his way of getting people mentally prepared for the eventual stay-at-home order we actually need to get this virus under control, though that'll probably need to come from the White House to have any sway.

I was in the CVS today and there were two women standing at the pharmacy counter without masks. THE CVS WHERE PEOPLE GO TO GET COVID TESTS.

I'm just so tired of the stupid.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The only way they are going to shut down is if they end up facing too many government restrictions. And they might at some point, who knows? Otherwise, I feel confident they'll plow ahead as sports have been. Then it comes down to being flexible and agile. And of course, which team (us) has to use their 5th string goalie a la the Broncos while another team just gets to reschedule a la the Ravens.

No problem. We are the home of the EGOAT.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Its a way to close bars (and stop New Years parties) without really having to say that.
That and it doesn't completely crush businesses other than the ones whose business model relies on moronic young people who refuse to wear masks like bars and nightclubs which are huge vectors for mass spread events, at least in Charleston. We've had an 11 PM curfew for months now, which isn't much but at least it's something. Our governor will literally make the dumbest politicians in America look smart though.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well, it's a remote island in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't help in the cheap department one bit. If you want a cheap destination - visit my home country. Obviously once this BS blows over. Go team Vax go.

We got historical sightseeing, some nice nature that doesn't want to kill you, beer, hard booze, and some more beer.
If I ever get wealthy enough I want to see Prague.. But first I'll see Puerto Rico so I can actually remember the place I was born ...

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Losing taste and smell is one of my weirdest experiences. I knew it was supposed to be there but it wasn’t. Even weirder smoking 3 rack of ribs and pork belly with nothing in my olfactory.

Reactions: DaveG

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Brian Burke was on SiriusNHL this morning. He said the high profile professional athletes including NHL players are being asked to be early adopters and ambassadors for the vaccine. Sounds like a campaign may be in the works with the CDC and providers.

I worked on a similar Covid campaign this year...resulted in lots of reach for educational purposes but not as much action. Hopefully, this one will be more effective as currently only 50% in US want to take the vaccine. Maybe a FOMO angle will work if it becomes the normalized passport to entry for experiences such as concerts, events, travel, etc.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Dad's a bit better. He might be weaning on Monday in which case I might see him. The only seeing him is sis' right now. Dad's wife or Grandma aren't really in shape to see him like this.

For better or worse me and sis' are painfully rational about this. Most of the time. I mean I had sleeping schedule issues before.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Dad's a bit better. He might be weaning on Monday in which case I might see him. The only seeing him is sis' right now. Dad's wife or Grandma aren't really in shape to see him like this.

For better or worse and me sis' are painfully rational about this. Most of the time. I mean I had sleeping schedule issues before.
Glad to hear a bit of good news about your father. Hang in there. I hope he continues to improve.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
NCVaccine.jpg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
So... weaning is in progress. It's gonna take time. Dad's still relatively young and he was kinda "fighting" the sedation so waking up will be a lengthy process as well. Cautious optimism.

On a me-note, I effed up an exam. Not because it was difficult, but because I can't focus on a single thing. Meaning I can focus while doing something creative or multitasking, but my ability to sit on my butt and grind stuff... almost gone. My rage and anger that are my drive, motivation, curse, and blessing... they are there but they are not concentrated.

But hey I am spending some time with mom and her husband, so I am a lot less lonely and I fixed my sleeping schedule by sheer force of will (not sleeping for 37 hours straight) and the first anxiolytic pill in my life so that's something.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So... weaning is in progress. It's gonna take time. Dad's still relatively young and he was kinda "fighting" the sedation so waking up will be a lengthy process as well. Cautious optimism.

On a me-note, I effed up an exam. Not because it was difficult, but because I can't focus on a single thing. Meaning I can focus while doing something creative or multitasking, but my ability to sit on my butt and grind stuff... almost gone. My rage and anger that are my drive, motivation, curse, and blessing... they are there but they are not concentrated.

But hey I am spending some time with mom and her husband, so I am a lot less lonely and I fixed my sleeping schedule by sheer force of will (not sleeping for 37 hours straight) and the first anxiolytic pill in my life so that's something.

Glad to hear your father's situation is looking better.

As far as your exam goes....life happens. You'll learn from the experience. It may not be the material or the lesson you were expecting to learn or be tested on, but down the road you will have a perspective you wouldn't have had that will benefit you or someone you interact with.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Glad to hear your father's situation is looking better.

As far as your exam goes....life happens. You'll learn from the experience. It may not be the material or the lesson you were expecting to learn or be tested on, but down the road, you will have a perspective you wouldn't have had that will benefit you or someone you interact with.
Not the real issue here. I have fu^ked up numerous exams before. Hell, before I got to HF I was on the brink of getting expelled twice. I am just generally hell of a lot better at the clinical stuff. I am the honey badger. I will never be the best, but I won't be taken down.

I just wanted this little win right here right now. And not even that much for myself this time.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
My wife is in line to get her vaccine in 2-3 weeks. Apparently since she just finally finished her nurse anesthetist program and hasn't been a fulltime employee in 2 years she has been pushed way down on the list to be vaccinated. Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here. I hope the mass vaccine for the country/world follows closely.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Coworker's son just tested positive (he last saw his son this past weekend)...now we've got to see what his test results are to know if the whole facility needs to be tested since we've all interacted with him throughout the week. Hopefully he tests negative or I'll probably be spending Xmas alone waiting for my test results to come back. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Coworker's son just tested positive (he last saw his son this past weekend)...now we've got to see what his test results are to know if the whole facility needs to be tested since we've all interacted with him throughout the week. Hopefully he tests negative or I'll probably be spending Xmas alone waiting for my test results to come back. *fingers crossed*
My facility doesn’t even tell anyone if someone is out getting tested. The first thing they tell you when you call to say you’re out awaiting test results is to not tell anyone. Only reason I know is because I had to get tested over the summer.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad