OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It’s bad. Like real’ fu^kin’ bad.
It progressed really quickly in the past few days.
We basically need ATBs to start working in the next 48 hours and a miracle on top of that.
Went to see Dad with Mum. (Some of you may have noticed my parents are divorced. Yeah, you’re still reading right.)

I will stop posting these either until the aforementioned miracle happens or my adult fear becomes real.

Grandpa died of throat cancer when he was 52. I didn’t even have a full year at that time.

My dad is... 51.

I need some coping mechanisms. I need some strength for others.

If I ever needed vengeance in my life it is now.
I can’t do shit. I have little hope. I hate that. I hate that.
I'm very sorry. I'll pray for him and you. It is not something I do much, but I figure it can't hurt, right?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We basically need ATBs to start working in the next 48 hours and a miracle on top of that.
Went to see Dad with Mum. (Some of you may have noticed my parents are divorced. Yeah, you’re still reading right.)

I will stop posting these either until the aforementioned miracle happens or my adult fear becomes real.

Grandpa died of throat cancer when he was 52. I didn’t even have a full year at that time.

My dad is... 51.

I need some coping mechanisms. I need some strength for others.

If I ever needed vengeance in my life it is now.
I can’t do shit. I have little hope. I hate that. I hate that.
So sorry to hear all this MV. Hopefully things turn for the better.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Just thinking of you all. I am so sorry. As much as I could, I tried to fill the room with positive thoughts and a hopeful voice when speaking. Sometimes play his favorite music in the room...to try to keep the connection and will going. And then I would go scream, curse and cry in the car for a bit.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Just thinking of you all. I am so sorry. As much as I could, I tried to fill the room with positive thoughts and a hopeful voice when speaking. Sometimes play his favorite music in the room...to try to keep the connection and will going. And then I would go scream, curse and cry in the car for a bit.
Can't really be around much because of the circumstances. It's a COVID ER as of now after all.

Mom's really helping right now. Sis' is gonna be fine, now I'm happier than ever she's in such a good relationship. Worried for Grandma and Dad's wife though.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I didn’t want to share this in some other thread...

We beat the Russians and I’m crying.

This might be the last time Dad is alive while we beat Russians in hockey.

I was largely apathetic for last two days. But here it is. Sorrow.

The reminder how much our parents are involved in the stuff we love.

(I am kinda sorry I share it here, but I need to talk about stuff.)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
*hug*

Hoping for a Christmas miracle. And not just the hockey kind.
Well.

There is none to happen.

Over last few days, they put Dad on ECMO (external blood circulation). Succesfully.
But the lungs were not healing. The doctor who talked to me and Mom, when we went to see him (also his longtime friend), told us in other words that X-Ray implied the lungs to be all but FUBAR even before that.

Eventually they had to put him off the ECMO, because of thrombosis risk.

He died in his sleep.

He still had so much to see and experience.

To see my sister marry. To see a grandkid. To see me finish the fu^king school. To see US national parks again. To move from the city to a village closer to his friends. To see CZE win Worlds or Olympics.

One of the last long-term things he did before admission was helping the son of his best friend who died to Covid before to get his former job at Mercedes

Nada. There ain’t no fu^king justice except the one we get for ourselves.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well.

There is none to happen.

Over last few days, they put Dad on ECMO (external blood circulation). Succesfully.
But the lungs were not healing. The doctor who talked to me and Mom, when we went to see him (also his longtime friend), told us in other words that X-Ray implied the lungs to be all but FUBAR even before that.

He died in his sleep.

To see my sister marry. To see a grandkid. To see me finish the fu^king school. To see US national parks again. To move from the city to a village closer to his friends. To see CZE win Worlds or Olympics.

One of the last long-term things he did before admission was helping the son of his best friend who died to Covid before to get his former job at Mercedes

How terrible. My deepest condolences MV. So very sorry.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Well.

There is none to happen.

He died in his sleep.

My condolences MV. So sorry you’ve had to go through this. Sending my best to you and your family/friends.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well.

There is none to happen.

He died in his sleep.

I’m so very sorry you lost your father.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I'm so sorry for your loss, MV. There will always be some pain and sorrow, but I hope the good memories shine through stronger. Stay strong, and always remember that being strong and being sad are not mutually exclusive. Also, remember that you honor him in living your life as awesome as you can. You're one of the good ones, friend. And we're here so feel free to talk through as much as you need to.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
There are no words that are sufficient for times like these.

I've lost two mothers: my birth mother to cancer, my stepmother to suicide.

The thing that brought me comfort in those times was to throw myself into taking care of my dad. These are the times when family is the greatest blessing, and I hope that you can help each other through it.

But we're also a family here, of a sort. I'm glad you've got people here who care about you and what you are going through.

*hug*

Last edited:

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Well.

There is none to happen.

He died in his sleep.

Really sorry to hear that MV. Hope you can find some peace during this time.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Well.

There is none to happen.

He died in his sleep.

I'm sorry, MV. Like Hank said, there's really not much to be said. Just remember you aren't alone, and a little part of him will live on in you, and your sister, and everyone else will knew him. If I ever visit Czechia, I'd love to buy you a beer in his honor.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm sorry, MV. Like Hank said, there's really not much to be said. Just remember you aren't alone, and a little part of him will live on in you, and your sister, and everyone else will knew him. If I ever visit Czechia, I'd love to buy you a beer in his honor.
Don't call it Czechia, it's an ass-climbing president word.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Well.

There is none to happen.

He died in his sleep.

Condolences my friend...sadly there's probably not much any of us can really say here to help. You've got an extended hockey family here and I don't think anyone would judge you for using this as an outlet during your grieving process. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad