OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
70266534637.1.FC..329.GIf

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
To be fair, this year might be Matt’s and Trey’s greatest challenge yet. Reality is a parody now more than ever.
We actually had a classic absurdist humor publication "Warthog" that ended its 25 year run in the early 2000's with the stated reason that the reality has started to resemble Warthog so much that there is no more societal demand for it.

That early 2000's is the good old times now.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Add Dessert Beers to America’s Pandemic Diet List

High-calorie, high-alcohol brews are allowing fans to go big and stay home.

In August, Mike Simpson went home to Vermont for the first time since the start of the pandemic. His primary motivation wasn’t family bonding but the release of a rare, barrel-aged beer, Imperial Hodad from Fiddlehead Brewing. The porter, matured in bourbon casks with vanilla beans, cacao, and toasted coconut, has a 9.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) rating and the flavor of a boozy German chocolate cake.

A sweet 2 birds 1 stone kinda deal

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Somehow I think they're up to it.

I think your faith is well founded.

We actually had a classic absurdist humor publication "Warthog" that ended its 25 year run in the early 2000's with the stated reason that the reality has started to resemble Warthog so much that there is no more societal demand for it.

That early 2000's is the good old times now.

Sometimes our version of Onion News actually shares real news. Those moments are as hillarious as they are frightening.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Sometimes our version of Onion News actually shares real news. Those moments are as hillarious as they are frightening.

Our prime minister was once accused of receiving special kind of wooden boards as bribery. Our World of Technology magazine did an agreed-on inspection to his house and didn't find that any such accused boards would have been used on it.

The knowers on the internet were adamant that obviously you wouldn't use wooden boards of bribery on your own house, but at your cottage or at the place of a relative of yours.

This is when the rational that Warthog had truly hit me.

Reactions: Unsustainable

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
I was definitely exposed a few weeks ago and did not get it- 2 week no symptoms quarantine and negative tests for both me and my wife. So either I have had it previously or am naturally immune (did not get an antibody test)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was definitely exposed a few weeks ago and did not get it- 2 week no symptoms quarantine and negative tests for both me and my wife. So either I have had it or am naturally immune (did not get an antibody test)

I don't know your situation, but maybe you didn't get exposed to a high enough viral load for it to infect you? (speculating as another possible explanation). My understanding is a lot of it is about how much of the virus you are exposed to and how long you are exposed to it. Thus why many workers in retail don't get it because they are exposed to people for very short periods of time, but people in a factory, where they are next to other people for 8-10 hours a day, were getting it at a higher rate.

I've also read that the ace2 receptors in the nose is theorized to be the most common way it enters the body, thus longer exposure to a viral load in the air increases the chances of getting it.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
I don't know your situation, but maybe you didn't get exposed to a high enough viral load for it to infect you? (speculating as another possible explanation). My understanding is a lot of it is about how much of the virus you are exposed to and how long you are exposed to it. Thus why many workers in retail don't get it because they are exposed to people for very short periods of time, but people in a factory, where they are next to other people for 8-10 hours a day, were getting it at a higher rate.

I've also read that the ace2 receptors in the nose is theorized to be the most common way it enters the body, thus longer exposure to a viral load in the air increases the chances of getting it.
House guest for a weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad