OT: Coronavirus 3 - wait but Covid 19 is SARS-CoV-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
9512016818_b3a5a9d41a_b.jpg
By the time you've ridden to work and back you could have done the full day's work. Plus, have you never seen Speed?

And nominally cleaner than a McDs ball pit...

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I worked at a Food Lion in high school. The back room did not have AC, or if it did it was set much warmer than in the rest of the store. I remember on truck nights in the summer, the entire stocking crew would take breaks in the walk-in refrigerator or freezer together. We would open up one of the cases of juice or whatever drinks were on hand, and everybody grabbed a bottle. Nobody cared as long as the boss didn't see, because nobody actually took pride in their grocery store jobs.

From what I've heard of the profit margins in that business, if you lose one item out of a case, you have to sell the rest of the case just to break even. So imagine how many juice bottles they have to sell to make up for 6 or 8 guys standing in the freezer, each drinking a bottle or two a night, two or three times a week. And that's just one example. No wonder we had all those signs about shrink all over the back room.

I'm sure the vendors could get away with worse than that. Nobody was watching them.
I worked in the meat market at food lion in my 20s. I was responsible for marking down items that’d be going out of date soon. I may have accidentally marked down a few porterhouses or ground beef during cookout season.

Reactions: DaveG

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
So if you average all hospitals across the US, we are at 50% capacity, most are around 30%.

The preventive measures should be rolled back, and people just practice good hygiene. Wear a mask if you’re around a lot of people, wear one if you’re sick (let’s learn from the Japanese here).

if you’re at high risk (obese, hypertension, diabetes, old age), take extra precautions, and if you have elderly parents, don’t take your sick kids around them.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
We are planning to open up our facility next week (at Duke School of Medicine). Part of the process is all essential employees must monitor and report symptoms. Given my answers, they flagged me, had me have a video visit with a physician, and now I'm scheduled for a COVID test this afternoon.

TXFSpQV.gif

Can't wait.
Good luck! What was it about your answers that got you flagged, do you know?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
We are planning to open up our facility next week (at Duke School of Medicine). Part of the process is all essential employees must monitor and report symptoms. Given my answers, they flagged me, had me have a video visit with a physician, and now I'm scheduled for a COVID test this afternoon.

TXFSpQV.gif

Can't wait.
The manufacturing facility I work in is requiring us all to get our temperature taken before we start work. They just started this on Monday, we’ve been open the whole time. We have to touch multiple door knobs/handles and walk 50 feet into the building before the person takes our temp.

Reactions: Lempo and MinJaBen

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The manufacturing facility I work in is requiring us all to get our temperature taken before we start work. They just started this on Monday, we’ve been open the whole time. We have to touch multiple door knobs/handles and walk 50 feet into the building before the person takes our temp.
Got an announcement that my company will be handing out thermometers to everyone still working on-site for regularly checking their own temperature (along with masks and distancing restrictions)...and of course anyone who has to go in (no word when my work-from-home will be ended but my guess would be Phase 2 maybe?)

Reactions: raynman

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Got an announcement that my company will be handing out thermometers to everyone still working on-site for regularly checking their own temperature (along with masks and distancing restrictions)...and of course anyone who has to go in (no word when my work-from-home will be ended but my guess would be Phase 2 maybe?)
But you left out the bad news: they're rectal thermometers.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
So if you average all hospitals across the US, we are at 50% capacity, most are around 30%.

The preventive measures should be rolled back, and people just practice good hygiene. Wear a mask if you’re around a lot of people, wear one if you’re sick (let’s learn from the Japanese here).

if you’re at high risk (obese, hypertension, diabetes, old age), take extra precautions, and if you have elderly parents, don’t take your sick kids around them.

Capacity numbers in NC today - 24% of ICU beds and 19% of ventilators are in use.

The 2 week per phase 3 phase reopening is a fair plan. If all goes well, we should be in phase 3 by June.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I wasn’t disputing that it “may” lead to it. Your prior post indicated that there was data where it was already happening and I was interested in seeing that data, which didn’t exist at the time.

Any time people are out of work and the economy tanks, it naturally stresses people and the virus makes it worse.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I wasn’t disputing that it “may” lead to it. Your prior post indicated that there was data where it was already happening and I was interested in seeing that data, which didn’t exist at the time.

Any time people are out of work and the economy tanks, it naturally stresses people and the virus makes it worse.

I think it is a fair bet to say with certainty that it will happen and is already happening.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think it is a fair bet to say with certainty that it will happen and is already happening.
I agree. My point is that with gobs of misinformation out there causing overreaction that I’d prefer to see the data on it, if available, that shows how prevalent it is

edit: to be fair, I haven’t looked for the data other than right when unsustainable and I discussed it a week or two ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lempo

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

I know :). It’s just an article to what we was discussing.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad