OT: Corona virus thread-7 months later we're still screwed (MOD: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
"For a country with the highest per capita beer consumption in the world, this represents an unprecedented interruption of normality."
True :laugh: People potentially dying, meeeh, but NO WHAT DON'T TAKE AWAY THE BEER!!!! You'd half-expect there to be a riot at this point :D

Seriously though, it's the Czech social thing for some reason. Wanna make friends, you're expected to go to a pub with people and drink at least four beers, maaybe three if you're just a really tiny woman :confused:. And it's even worse for teenagers (nevermind the legal drinking age is 18). I mean the fact that it's cheaper than water doesn't help but come on.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
True :laugh: People potentially dying, meeeh, but NO WHAT DON'T TAKE AWAY THE BEER!!!! You'd half-expect there to be a riot at this point :D

Seriously though, it's the Czech social thing for some reason. Wanna make friends, you're expected to go to a pub with people and drink at least four beers, maaybe three if you're just a really tiny woman :confused:. And it's even worse for teenagers (nevermind the legal drinking age is 18). I mean the fact that it's cheaper than water doesn't help but come on.

Very similar to England. The exception being the cheaper than water part! haha

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Speaking of Corona, I wonder if it messes with my colleague's thesis defence? Because he's on an extremely tight deadline - needs to defend in about two months or it's seven years of PhD study in the trash, and he's been waiting for the committee to tell him the specific date before all this happened... After all the tears, blood, grey hair and zero social life, some stupid virus better not f*** this up for him.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Wait why am I not living there?

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
I wonder how the teams will stay ready after 30 days off. A week after the All Star break killed us. It doesn’t sound like there will be team meetings or practice.

I would love for Q to put out a message to the team that anyone who takes this time off to relax and not stay ready won’t play. Probably just wishful thinking though.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Imo the season is done. If you watch the Joe Rogan video I linked before the doc said that this is going to take minimum three to six months to clear. Frank Severalli just tweeted that playoffs would have to be over by June 30th when players' contracts expire.

Chances seem low.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
My last Words on this Situation and why no one is saying anything.

There a two or three Problems.
The usual influenca Virus doesnt have the long term outbreak like Corona so Corona is hard to diagnostic it.
The most or biggest Problem at all, they have no medication for Humans. That why everyone shit in their Pants, cause would you ask why is it so people would say its a Money Issue.
To be clear there is a Corona Virus medication for cats and Dogs, so if you use this basic Cell to create Human version. It still would need half a Year. The next Problem is every and really every Medication need a provment, the only chance a new Medication gets fast on the Market is that the State takeover all cost and claims if someone Die or have longterm problem from the medication.

Still and that in my Point is why i cant understand the handling of the Situation, beside no medication is, no child and no pregnant one get this Virus. The People dieing from this are Diabetes People and old people. In Germany 3 People died who was called out for dieing on Corona. All 3 was Way over 73.

My personal Question about this Virus would be, the influene on Animals. When Cats and Dogs can get it, can Cow, Sheeps, Pigs or chicken can get it too. Then we would have a real Problem then our Foodchain would be gone. But so far i never heard Reports about the Virus combined with Animals.

So in the end everyone can have it, old people and real sick people can die from it. That are those our financial Medical Department live from. Babys, younger, mid-Age can have it but since this Day i heard not a single Death under 70. Only the Doctor from China who call it out, die from it.

Conspiracy Theory: I guess the Doc doesnt die from flu, its more the Answer and Consequences from China Goverment spreading it out and blame China. They still dont like that.

PS: I forgot a big Point. Virologen sayed they dont know how this could end. The usual Virus dies from the more sunny and warmer Days. Since UV Sunlight kills Viruses. But if this Virus doesnt die in the Summer, the Virus will be back an Aunt.
And this Statement was made from People doing nothing less, then study Viruses or like Trump would called self proclaimed expert or fake News.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
it’s not a debate. I don’t care if you support Trump. Has no effect on me. I hope you follow best practices so you don’t get sick or spread it. Right now, we are not being aggressive enough to stop the spread. If you don’t agree with that, okay. If you think the president has done enough, that’s fine. Not trying to change your mind but I hope
you take this shit seriously because it’s got the potential to be very bad

very well said.

just heard from my wife that her morning departmental meeting was sobering. they are ready to convert operating rooms to ICUs. if that happens, she will be tasked with treating the sick along with pathologists, ophthalmologists, etc., just like you can read about here:

this is happening now.

and it didn't have to happen. that much is pretty clear.

Reactions: RainingRats

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
There is very little they can do once it spread outside of China, people could have picked it up from literally anywhere and brought it here. Yes test those who show symptoms, but what about the ones who didn't show any signs and are still infected? You can't test every single person both in and outside the US and who knows how many were here already, just unconfirmed cases. Like I said, we also rely so much on China for medicine and medical supplies, what can you do?

Just this morning I heard a couple from NY last night already took the test and waiting for the results to see if they were infected and STILL decided to travel (Jetblue leaving JFK) to Palm Beach, what do you do with people like that?

As for who do I blame, I blame China for not revealing the outbreak in the early stages, not accepting assistance and doing a bad job containing it. I'm pretty sure they have a ton of people using scientific/medical procedures as well as much more extreme measures than most countries and they still couldn't stop it. Also just for the record, I don't blame Obama for Swine flu outbreak, but I'm tired of the constant hypocrisy the media shows.

Reactions: PSLguy

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Canceling the season and playoffs is the only thing I can see making sense.

If playoffs extend into June/July, what about free agency? How does that affect contracts and rosters post the July 1st FA period?

Also can't imagine owners being happy entering the playoffs with the standings as they are today considering how many spots are up for grabs. There's not even any confirmed playoff spots yet.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
As for who do I blame, I blame China for not revealing the outbreak in the early stages, not accepting assistance and doing a bad job containing it. I'm pretty sure they have a ton of people using scientific/medical procedures as well as much more extreme measures than most countries and they still couldn't stop it. Also just for the record, I don't blame Obama for Swine flu outbreak, but I'm tired of the constant hypocrisy the media shows.

That i would say is not a porblem for China at all, it only showed how Important China is already and many other States. Globalisation is a state network, in my work we get not from different Companies they are unable to produce or delievere for the rest of the Season and Year. Because all the Plastic comeing out of China or Italy isnt comeing.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Stay safe, you guys. Even though the season is suspended and the team was playing like a bunch of bums the last month, I hope you all take care of yourselves so we can see them crush our hopes and dreams yet again in the near future!

Reactions: GermanPanther

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Meh, whatever. It feels like preparing for a hurricane, with people freaking out and stuff closing. Publix was insane today, people everywhere buying supplies to last months. It’ll be a good chance to stay home and watch some tv and have some brew.

Reactions: GermanPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Meh, whatever. It feels like preparing for a hurricane, with people freaking out and stuff closing. Publix was insane today, people everywhere buying supplies to last months. It’ll be a good chance to stay home and watch some tv and have some brew.

People here buying bumf as they all have diarreah. Some people buyed up to 8 Packages bumf. Since today i didnt know that Corona goes on the stomach and you shit pills up. Or is it more cause the next 2-4 Weeks everyone at home doing nothing else as watching TV and eat. But after 2 Weeks food is out and you dont go take a dump but still has 4 Packages bumf.

I also dont no how bumf taste or able to drink. People buy nuddles and bumf, when you look around social Media you find some crazy pictures takeing out of the real Life.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
People here buying bumf as they all have diarreah. Some people buyed up to 8 Packages bumf. Since today i didnt know that Corona goes on the stomach and you shit pills up. Or is it more cause the next 2-4 Weeks everyone at home doing nothing else as watching TV and eat. But after 2 Weeks food is out and you dont go take a dump but still has 4 Packages bumf.

I also dont no how bumf taste or able to drink. People buy nuddles and bumf, when you look around social Media you find some crazy pictures takeing out of the real Life.

what’s bumf?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Apparently Finnish stores were so full today that some people had to wait in line for 45 minutes.

Sounds somewhat counterproductive if you ask me, hanging voluntarily around a large gathering of people. :dunno:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Apparently Finnish stores were so full today that some people had to wait in line for 45 minutes.

Sounds somewhat counterproductive if you ask me, hanging voluntarily around a large gathering of people. :dunno:

but they all wear masks that doesnt help a single thing and people still buying stones for 2.000 Euros so the World cant end hear. :D
Same her Aldi limited there sale, a single Person was only allow to pick maximum three times of the same Stuff. but the shop wasnt open people already build a Line, till nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad