OT: Corona virus thread-7 months later we're still screwed (MOD: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Isn't it possible that they decide to suspend the season now and pick it up in a month or two. Like the All Star break but much longer. Would probably mean we would go on an even worse losing streak afterwards then... So I guess we're basically screwed whatever happens...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So in Czech republic, they closed all schools and forbade gatherings of 100+ people, which sucks but okay, trying to prevent an epidemic here...
But now they're talking about shutting down pubs and restaurants after 8 p.m. and about banning gatherings of 10+ people - seriously?? We better ban my brother and his GF from visiting then - wouldn't want to break government regulation...

We currently have 94 confirmed cases in a 10 million people country.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Finland has 109 confirmed, only one case in my region though. I'm fully expecting all schools to be closed any day now.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Good thing I still have a compromised immune system from my bone marrow stem cell transplant in December 2018 :facepalm:

Doctors said at the time and should take two years to fully get back to 100% :punk:

I've basically been in quarantine since December of 2018, thought it was basically over. Guess not :doh:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Good thing I still have a compromised immune system from my bone marrow stem cell transplant in December 2018 :facepalm:

Doctors said at the time and should take two years to fully get back to 100% :punk:

I've basically been in quarantine since December of 2018, thought it was basically over. Guess not :doh:
That sucks man. Fingers crossed that evil virus stays away from you.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
On NBCSN last night one of the issues that was discussed was that freezing and starting the playoffs was a problem due to teams having played a different amount of games.

They said the NHL would be making a statement today...

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Sportpsych90

Dec 5, 2016
I have to drive down to Miami every morning for my internship from Coral Springs area. Today was the first time it took under an hour to get here in the morning. Hardly any traffic, people are already not going to work. Wonder how soon before we have a more complete shutdown.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Chance Liga (Czech2) season finished early. Playoffs that were supposed to decide which two teams could advance to Extraliga were cancelled - teams voted that the team that finished 1st will advance directly (to be fair, they've more than earned it, winning 50/58 matches this season)

Slovakia top league season cancelled.

Czech republic officially bans any events of 30+ people and all pubs and restaurants are closed at 8 p.m.

This is unreal.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Finland has 109 confirmed, only one case in my region though. I'm fully expecting all schools to be closed any day now.
Government now recommending not to organize events with over 500 participants.

RIP student parties.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I’ve read 30-70 %. And the death rate has been 1-4% right? Scary math
We'll have to see the stats from South Korea, but some are estimating the death rate to be between 0.1 to 1%. More people contract the virus than are reported, hence the lower death rate.

Reactions: pantherbot

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I live in Seattle, drop in traffic has been noticeable . University is closed. Not many people at the gym as usual. Yeah it’s weird times. My work involves seeing clients, lot have already cancelled or said they can’t meet with me. Don’t blame them. I have a trip to Portland next week, wonder how many will cancel on me. I had a trip to Croatia planned with my fiancé for week after and welp...we can’t go now...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We'll have to see the stats from South Korea, but some are estimating the death rate to be between 0.1 to 1%. More people contract the virus than are reported, hence the lower death rate.

South-Korea is more prepared than anyone else, they're an outlier.

The main issue is if you need hospitalization. The estimated hospitalization rate is around 10%. Even at a low end infection rate, let's say 30% of population, you'll quickly see what a massive problem it will be. There simply won't be enough hospital beds available, which results in a higher death rate. In Italy it's estimated around 5-8%.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Terrible response from government in US making things worse. Italy is foreshadowing what is going to happen here. Shut everything down for 2-3 weeks and let’s deal with the short term economic pain. Gotta go all in to try to stop the spread. Half ass measures don’t work. It’s actually pretty straightforward on how to manage this. Social distancing/quarantine everyone.

Great read.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Terrible response from government in US making things worse. Italy is foreshadowing what is going to happen here. Shut everything down for 2-3 weeks and let’s deal with the short term economic pain. Gotta go all in to try to stop the spread. Half ass measures don’t work. It’s actually pretty straightforward on how to manage this. Social distancing/quarantine everyone. Great read.
I can tell you, Canada is doing f***all at the moment and just hoping it blows over.

Reactions: 16Skippy

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

Keep fightin brotha

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: